PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all so much for the quilt you made for Heaven

Angela C.
April 2nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
I almost lost it today when we arrived back home from the YMCA today.....I knew this was in the making but I was informed that it would be delivered on Tuesday (tomorrow) and I jsut knew Heaven wouldn't have it for this hospital trip, and lo and behold...there it was...it is nothing shy of beautiful. 20 wonder ladies from the Missouri Star Quilt Co. forum got together and made Heaven this marvelous quilt. I am in awe!!! She definately knows about all the hard work and prayers that went into this quilt and she loves it. Thank you ladies for all your hard work and determination to help put a smile on someone's face. Thank you all so much and may Christ bless you all accordingly ♥ You all are so wonderful <3

HandsOffItsMine
April 2nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Angela, I'm glad that it got there in time for Heaven to take it with her to the hospital for the next round. Now she'll have many additional mama's there to love her! lol

All of you are in our hearts and prayers on a daily basis, Don and Ruby

mommadeb
April 2nd, 2012, 07:23 PM
What a beautiful quilt. What a wonderful gift and all of you are such awesome people!

Divine Daisy
April 2nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
Mr Daisy and I just filled up when we saw your pic...... Give Heaven our very very best. Ladies....once again, you are all brilliant!

quilter.martha
April 2nd, 2012, 07:36 PM
Angela, I pray Heaven feels all our love as she snuggles under the quilt. God bless you all! Prayers continue daily for Heaven's healing.

ILove2quilt
April 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
It's so nice to see it all together. I never think of the ending product. It looks so great all together.

Heaven, I'll be praying for you all of the week and thinking of you. And I'll be waiting for you to come home and yell at me on the phone. hehehe. That's just a joke between me and her.

Loonwatcher
April 2nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
I am so glad that Heaven likes it and that it arrived in time for her to take to the hospital. May it bring her comfort when she snuggles under it.

sewmuchjan
April 2nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
That is a beautiful and loving quilt that you all made for Heaven and may she feel the love that you all put into it! Sending prayers her way for the next hospital stay.

God Bless
Jan G

Shannon
April 2nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
Very nice, congrats to all that worked on this project...makes me proud to know you all! This will surely help Heaven in her big fight. She has so many people on her side and praying for her...she has the strength of hundreds behind her! Be strong Heaven we are all behind you

MRoy
April 2nd, 2012, 10:09 PM
I didn't do a block for Heaven's quilt because I'm such a beginner and I wanted it to be done by the best...but Heaven remains in my thoughts and I continue to pray for her. Ladies, you're the best! God bless Heaven and God bless you.

BellasQuilts
April 2nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
Okay, I'm bawling. I'm so glad it arrived on time. I was saying little prayers all weekend that it would since you said you were going to the hospital tomorrow. I wish I could be there to hug you all in person. Megan

Sandy Navas
April 2nd, 2012, 11:51 PM
Megan, the love in the quilt from you and everyone who contributed will be with Heaven! You did a fantastic job. It is gorgeous and oh, the love shows.

Genny
April 3rd, 2012, 02:08 AM
A very special quilt for a very special young lady. The quilt is beautiful and so is Heaven. Ladies, you are all awesome!!!

rebeccas-sewing
April 3rd, 2012, 04:24 AM
To those who particpated in this show of love and support, my hats off to you. This is not only a beautiful quilt but a lovely way to show how much you care. Megan, it looks fantastic. I understand you are the one to complete the quilt and send it off to Heaven. A job well done by all those who had a part in the making of this gorgeous quilt.

Blondie
April 3rd, 2012, 08:36 AM
I am so happy to see the completed quilt in Heaven's lap. I am also teary eyed because of all the love, prayers and work that it took. Megan, you are a wonder to have gotten two quilts from the group completed. There is an extra jewel in your crown for the perseverance.
Ladies, you did good!

meemeecyn
April 3rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Thoughts of Heaven and family remain in my heart. Was honored to have a chance to be a part of this 'love project'. Prayers continue for you, My Dear. Thanks go to Megan for her skill and utmost determination to get it done. It came out beautifully!
Cynthia

ILove2quilt
April 3rd, 2012, 12:22 PM
There is an update on Heaven. Not only is she in the hospital but her grandmother is in the same one.

http://thecoblerscorner.blogspot.com/

JessicaP
April 3rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
Its beautiful, it fills my heart to see heaven with it.

SuzyQue
April 3rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
May this love made quilt surround Heaven with all of our hugs, kisses, and give her strength to continue to fight this health battle. I was honored to be a small part in this, but wish to give Megan huge thanks for putting it together, quilting it, and getting it to her on time. Prayers continue.

Angela C.
April 3rd, 2012, 03:46 PM
Again and again...we will think of you all and thank Christ for each of you that had a part in making of this lovely quilt. As Heaven climbed into the bed at the hospital I covered her with your love and prayers and asked could she feel it and she jsut looked up at me and smiled so pretty. Thank you all again and we will forever be endebted to you all for this wonderful act of kindness. May Christ bless you each and every one accordingly.

And yes, my MIL is on the floor below us. She had a massive stroke this past Saturday (3-31) and Heaven went to visit before coming to the Peds floor for her chemo...she is such a sweetie. <3 I ask that you add her to your prayers if possible. She is doing good but has a long road ahead of her.

Angela C.
April 3rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
Here is Heaven's decorated room and for the record.....each of you impressed Dr. Edwards with your work. He was amazed how so many ladies from so many different areas of the world could pull off such a feat as this. He loved how some wrote messages and where they lived ont he blocks...he went on and on about it...I think he really liked the fact that there are still people out there that cares for the kids.

Monique
April 4th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Angela, I was in it in spirit only. Indeed a wonderful group of people here.

CrazyMtnLady
April 4th, 2012, 10:07 AM
The quilt looks more beautiful wrapped around that beautiful young lady! I say a prayer every morning for Heaven and those in my quilting family that are in need of a prayer. I will also add your MIL to my list of those on my prayer list.
The women that made those blocks did such a wonderful job. And Megan can be very proud of the work that she did.

duster802
April 4th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Dear Lord, Please, I ask that you be with the family of Heaven and please heal her from all illness. She is your child and you have taken away all illnesses when you went to the cross. Give them the strength , courage and all that they need to be strong. I thank you Lord for this healing and the love that you have shown this beautiful family Amen.

stitching woman
April 4th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Heaven looks so beautiful wrapped in her quilt I am so glad it arrived in time to go to the hospital with her her room looks for pretty. I must say that the blocks for this quilt were so much fun to make with such vibrant colors. I am so thankful to have been a part of such a wonderful group and a special thanks to Megan for all her hard work. May all the love and prayers sewn into this quilt bring peace and comfort to Heaven.

quiltingtrish
April 4th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Aww - I keep Heaven in my prayers daily. I'm so glad she loves the quilt, cause we sure loved making our blocks for her.

Hugs,

annrook
April 5th, 2012, 02:22 AM
What the name of the pattern used for Heaven's quilt? Looks like a great one to use up scraps for charity quilts.

HandsOffItsMine
April 5th, 2012, 03:09 AM
It's the Stack N Whack - Jen has a tut on it on youtube. The links below. It's a little tricky on the 3x8 part, just read the group notes on the group notes on the Emily and Heaven quilt swap. Ruby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWdaKL0t6do

BellasQuilts
April 5th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Angela, I am trying to compose myself after seeing Heaven's quilt on a hospital bed. Brings back memories of my DD#1 who was ill for many years. Now that the tears have stopped finally, I want you to tell that doctor that there are many women praying for that little girl of yours. Tell him from me to do his best and there's a quilt in this for him if he needs motivation. Praying for all of you, Megan.

Angela C.
April 6th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Megan, He is one of the best here. See not many people in the Middle and southern Va realize that this is the only Childrens Hospital that cover this whole area. If we had've went to Eden, NC...we would have probably been sent to Duke which is 3 or mores hours south of us. He and the RN's have just gabbed and gabbed over this quilt that you all made together. Each day he comes in he touches it and smiles. I love the way that he interacts with Heaven and the other kids...he speaks to them on their level. He has the most awesome bedside manner of any male Dr. I have ever met. Also, while Dr. Edwards was doing the LP on Heaven, he was telling Dr. Atkinson about the quilt. Each RN comes in the room and wants to hear the story behind the quilt. You ladies are awesome and we will be forever grateful for what you all have done. I dont' think many people here let the Dr.'s know that they appreciate them,,,but we sure have, I tell them every day how grateful we are that the Lord placed them within our journey. They are literally a part of our family. We love them all so much. Again...thank you ladies...if I could I would give eachj of you a huge hug but this will have to do... {{{hugs}}} {{{hugs}}} {{{hugs}}}

BellasQuilts
April 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Well, if you like him and Heaven likes him, then we will too!

Angela C.
April 7th, 2012, 05:04 PM
We don't like him...we love him and Dr. Atkinson, they are both like family to us now. Also, Dr. Edwards says thank you for making Heaven the quilt. He said that you ladies are really kind and generous for doing all that you have for a little girl that you have never met...he is amazed. I would do a quilt for him and Dr. Atkinson but I don't have time or the ability to quilt it.