PDA

View Full Version : Is this dementia starting?

Jean Sewing Machine
April 1st, 2012, 10:52 PM
This week, I decided that I needed to replentish my supply of white charms and jelly rolls. So I ordered some from MSQC. Dementia must be starting, or I'm just ordering from too many sources, because a big package came yesterday, guess what was in it? White charms, jelly roll and a layer cake! I forgot completely about the first order when I ordered the second batch! Guess I'd better plan some quilts with white as the accent color, because now I'm loaded with the stuff

buckeyequilter
April 1st, 2012, 11:00 PM
It happens :) I think I have inventory OCD LOL. I have a spreadsheet set up and have my fabric listed (where I bought it, how many yards, cost per yard, name of fabric, designer etc). I do the same for my tools, books etc. so I don't forget what I have and buy it again. I keep a running total of what I spend - in case I ever need to sell a quilt at least I know how much my materials cost. Maybe the inventory OCD is part of being an accountant.

dpa6460
April 1st, 2012, 11:14 PM
Well, if it really bothers you I'd be glad to take them off your hands! ha ha

Genny
April 1st, 2012, 11:32 PM
This week, I decided that I needed to replentish my supply of white charms and jelly rolls. So I ordered some from MSQC. Dementia must be starting, or I'm just ordering from too many sources, because a big package came yesterday, guess Iwas in it? White charms, jelly roll and a layer cake! I forgot completely about the first order when I ordered the second batch! Guess I'd better plan some quilts with white as the accent color, because now I'm loaded with the stuff

I do this all the time! This seems to be a normal occurance with me...

Bubby
April 2nd, 2012, 12:04 AM
I do this often...it just adds to the stash!!! :)

Jean Sewing Machine
April 2nd, 2012, 12:16 AM
Shirley! Wow, talk about inventory control! I need to do that, but when? I am totally impressed. Wish I could get that organized!

phoots
April 2nd, 2012, 01:16 AM
I'm the most organized person possible at work. At home, I can never find anything!!!

Pam in Vegas

rebeccas-sewing
April 2nd, 2012, 07:23 AM
The accountant background definitely has something to do with it, Shirley! I wish i was that together with recordkeeping. Too lazy and don't want to waste time keeping detailed records. I also might faint if I saw the bottom line. Hahaha!

Jean - as to dementia I think you're okay. I've just experienced what real dementia involves with my recently deceased Mom. If you spend lots of time sitting in a chair talking to yourself and you can't remember what you said five minutes ago you should see your doctor. I'm not joking! I pray you never actually develop dementia. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'd say that you have tons of things on your mind, and that order just got put somewhere in the deep recesses of your brain. More than likely it was a subconscious desire to build that stash! Hahaha. WooHoo! Love the adrenaline rush when a package shows up at the door!

GrammaBabs
April 2nd, 2012, 08:43 AM
it's called "fear of running out" or "not having it when i need it"... ie... and this is embarrasing....

OH, i'd better order the 12.5" for the jacobs ladder project... yeah, on sale at M*...
then.. shopping few days later, wow walmart has this 12.5" ruler i need for the JL...
i'll buy that and the new cutting mat i need,,(that i really do need, have had 18X12 for over 10 yrs... it's all i've ever had... finally cut right through it)....
brought this home and boom... tucked into a corner space in sewing room is hey, and 12.5" square!!! So, keep it in the bag with slip will bring that right back to WW....
next day DH comes in with a large square package from M*.... WHAT... oh no.... it's the 12.5" from M* that i'd ordered..honestly had totally forgot that... so there you go Jean SM!!! Welcome to my world... good thing my kids are grown.. they'd turn out to be quite confused people if i was bringing them up now... WOW what age does to a person... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..

Jean Sewing Machine
April 2nd, 2012, 08:56 AM
The accountant background definitely has something to do with it, Shirley! I wish i was that together with recordkeeping. Too lazy and don't want to waste time keeping detailed records. I also might faint if I saw the bottom line. Hahaha!

Jean - as to dementia I think you're okay. I've just experienced what real dementia involves with my recently deceased Mom. If you spend lots of time sitting in a chair talking to yourself and you can't remember what you said five minutes ago you should see your doctor. I'm not joking! I pray you never actually develop dementia. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'd say that you have tons of things on your mind, and that order just got put somewhere in the deep recesses of your brain. More than likely it was a subconscious desire to build that stash! Hahaha. WooHoo! Love the adrenaline rush when a package shows up at the door!Thanks for the mental health assurance! So sorry to hear about your mom, it is no laughing matter. But I couldn't even remember what could have been in this second package.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 2nd, 2012, 08:58 AM
it's called "fear of running out" or "not having it when i need it"... ie... and this is embarrasing....

OH, i'd better order the 12.5" for the jacobs ladder project... yeah, on sale at M*...
then.. shopping few days later, wow walmart has this 12.5" ruler i need for the JL...
i'll buy that and the new cutting mat i need,,(that i really do need, have had 18X12 for over 10 yrs... it's all i've ever had... finally cut right through it)....
brought this home and boom... tucked into a corner space in sewing room is hey, and 12.5" square!!! So, keep it in the bag with slip will bring that right back to WW....
next day DH comes in with a large square package from M*.... WHAT... oh no.... it's the 12.5" from M* that i'd ordered..honestly had totally forgot that... so there you go Jean SM!!! Welcome to my world... good thing my kids are grown.. they'd turn out to be quite confused people if i was bringing them up now... WOW what age does to a person... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..
So now if you need a 12.5" ruler, you won't have any problem finding it, because you can put one in each corner! I do that with scissors and measuring tapes, they disappear and reappear out of nowhere!

CrazyMtnLady
April 2nd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Well there is only eight months until Christmas. You can start now and make a lot of Snowmen quilts. LOL

alwaysinmyroom
April 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
I am an accountant who is seriously organized at work...but at home, total chaos! :)

I love the chaos, but I think I need to start organizing a little bit since my goal is to retire to a condo with a lot less space! I am trying to use up my stash as quickly as I can!

I feel your pain, Jean...I have ordered the same fabrics a few times...it means we have good taste, right? Not dementia at all...

Jean Sewing Machine
April 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Well there is only eight months until Christmas. You can start now and make a lot of Snowmen quilts. LOL

Now there's a really good idea! Start now, instead of 2 weeks before Christmas, like I did last Christmas!