PDA

View Full Version : Should I or shouldn't I ... need your input!

BellasQuilts
March 31st, 2012, 09:53 PM
I went to the local baby consignment store to pick up a Pack and Play for soon to arrive GS. Got to talking with the owner and she wants me to bring in 4 baby quilts to sell. Should I or shouldn't I? They go together pretty quick and it would be great to actually sell one (for the ego mostly), but .... what do you think?

AlohaSandy
March 31st, 2012, 10:10 PM
Definately should do it. Although I know you probably won't get what you put into it you never do so don't expect too much. I just started to sell mine to fam and friends on Facebook and have already recvd. 3 orders so I am going to stop there otherwise it won't be any fun any more. I hope this help, Mahalo.

Kizzie
March 31st, 2012, 10:15 PM
why not?? if you like it you can do it again if not you can always stop!

a1angiem
March 31st, 2012, 10:24 PM
Oooh, I think you should do it! If you're not too emotionally attached to them, and don't sell yourself SHORT...and I agree with Kizzie, if you don't get what you want or feel taken advantage of, then don't do it again. Or start with a couple. I think we would love to sell (some) of our quilts if we could get a fair price! Please keep us posted!!!!!

SummerK
March 31st, 2012, 10:53 PM
Go for it! Who doesn't need a little extra cash these days?

JessicaP
March 31st, 2012, 10:56 PM
How fun I say try it once and if you don't like it then don't do it again. Good luck!

AngelaLashley
March 31st, 2012, 11:31 PM
I agree with the others. Give it a shot and see how it goes.

phoots
April 1st, 2012, 12:31 AM
If you've got the time...go for it!!!

Pam in Vegas

Susan Long
April 1st, 2012, 01:00 AM
As my best friend keeps telling me, there are those in the world who are not crafty, and have to purchase, rather than create, for lack of talent. :-) Here's hoping you make some extra money, enjoy doing it, and have some fun. Look at it this way, you will be keeping some lucky baby warm. :-) Definitely start with a couple, don't overwhelm yourself, and don't make it a job!

jingleme
April 1st, 2012, 01:20 AM
Of course you should!!!! You do BEAUTIFUL work, & there's nothin wrong with a little ego boost once in a while.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 1st, 2012, 01:49 AM
Absolutely, except don't sell things too cheaply! Make sure it is worth your while to do this. It takes talent and time plus materials to make a nice baby blanket or quilt. Hope it is a success!

brook
April 1st, 2012, 02:41 AM
I think you'll have fun doing it. I originally planned to give all my quilts away, but someone wanted to pay for them. When I agreed to do it, it was very gratifying to know that others appreciated them enough to actually pay me for them. : )

mamaquilt
April 1st, 2012, 07:11 AM
If you don't try you'll never know. I would try and see if it works for you, you'll always can go on if not just stop. But at least you've tried.

BellasQuilts
April 1st, 2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the input. I think I'll do it.