PDA

View Full Version : SUMMER IN THE PARK

AlohaSandy
March 30th, 2012, 11:54 PM
I am working on the Summer in the Park quilt and Natalie talks about using the scraps from the tube cuttings you can use for the edge of your quilt. Does anyone know how to do this? There is no other video on this and I am kinda of stuck and would love to use the scraps so they don't go to waste. I also would like to see a picture of a completed one if anyone has a picture can they post. Mahalo

sunnyQLDmum
March 31st, 2012, 01:31 AM
I am up to that point on my summer in the park quilt too. In fact I have kind of stalled because I hate ripping seams! I only want to use the coloured pieces in the leftovers and not the white, so I have to unpick all the little scraps. I then plan to sew them together and use them as binding

AlohaSandy
March 31st, 2012, 01:53 AM
I think Natalie talks about using all the scraps as the binding and that is what I tried to ask them how to do that but no response yet. What colors are you using? How are you sewing them together? Are you cutting off the point? I am a fairly new quilter.

cyndiofthevortex
March 31st, 2012, 09:50 AM
I'm not clear on what you mean concerning your scraps, but I do have pictures of two Summer in the Park quilts. Here they are:

Sandy Navas
March 31st, 2012, 10:15 AM
Like Summer mentioned - take your scraps (unpick the seams) sew end to end so you have a long strip. Since your initial strips are 2.5 inches, this will be a perfect size to use for a scrappy binding. Check out this link: http://musepeggy.hubpages.com/hub/Quilt-Binding-Final-Join

brook
March 31st, 2012, 01:38 PM
I've finished a quilt using that pattern and have a pic in my album. It doesn't have a boarder but it does have a scrappy binding. I'm not sure if you were asking about that. : )

AlohaSandy
March 31st, 2012, 04:00 PM
These are beautiful! When I am talking about the scraps I mean the first and last cut of the tube, the are like in a point. I can't get Natalie from MSCQ to respond and she talks about it in the video on UTube. Oh well I am sure I can figure something out. Tks

AlohaSandy
March 31st, 2012, 04:02 PM
These are beautiful! When I am talking about the scraps I mean the first and last cut of the tube, the are like in a point. I can't get Natalie from MSCQ to respond and she talks about it in the video on UTube. Oh well I am sure I can figure something out. Tks

AlohaSandy
March 31st, 2012, 04:03 PM
Tks so much for your help. Mahalo