PDA

View Full Version : I think it's Wednesday

Blondie
March 28th, 2012, 07:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/2012/91057223685612399_lD3nX0YZ_f.jpg

Good Morning Folksies

been a real busy past few days - the weather has brightened up again and the basement is still a work in progress. It was not a "flood" to those without basements. It just got pretty darn wet. I've lived in this house for 19 years and this is the second time that it was this bad. Maybe another time it was just "damp". Last time this happened, I learned to get plastic type of pallets to put most things on. And lots of totes. Of course, sounds like an easy thing to do but financially it is difficult to do, so it is a continual work in progress. I have been sorting through the mess and taking breaks outside. The weather is truly GLORIOUS. Remind me of this when it gets warmer and I start to bellyache about the heat.

Big blessings to all; prayers said and believed in daily and of course, big ol' hugs too.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 28th, 2012, 07:19 AM
I hope you can get things dry soon. But where did you find that graphic? Was it a scan of my brain? Seems so very true! Cute!

Blondie
March 28th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Mornin' Jean. I found that graphic on Pinterest. Love it. I could think of even more things in my brain to go along with this, all of the above being so true.
And thanks, the dehumidifier is doing a good job. It is just getting the rest of the soaking wet stuff out. Hard to do when hubs is at work. And by the time he gets home I am too pooped to pop! This weekend he and my brother in law will start a french drain. We normally never get the frog chokers that we had this past weekend. Good for the lawns, gardens and my pretty flowers but what a mess. I have to take breaks to keep my allergies from really flaring up.

MRoy
March 28th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Good Morning! Love the brain scan! Blondie, I hope your basement work is over soon. I'm in travel mode today. I'll be going to our state capitol this afternoon to attend training tomorrow. I'm looking forward to being with some of my coworkers from other parts of the state that I don't get to see very often.

Wishing all a Wonderful Wednesday!

Loonwatcher
March 28th, 2012, 07:35 AM
I haven't had time to get in here much and read up on everyone. I feel so out of touch.

Blonde, so sorry about your flood. Just remember it could have been worse if you weren't somewhat prepared from past experience. That doesn't help at all does it. Perhaps the good weather will help things dry out.

We're getting a new printer/scanner/copier today and normally I'd be excited (being the techno geek that I am) but I've got so much work to do that I'm dreading the interruption. Oh well, it will be great in the end.

We've been back to typical March weather this week and I don't like it. A few days of sun and warm weather (actually got into the 80's) has spoiled me. The early super warm weather and the lack of snow this winter has left drought conditions. Makes me afraid of what the summer is going to bring. Are we going from a summer of floods (two major ones) last year to a summer of drought this year?

Sunday night a Vermont school teacher and mom went missing. A friend found her car with her 2 yr old inside. Sadly they found the 33 yr old's body and suspect homicide. So sad!

Hope everyone has a wonderful. Be happy and healthy.

rebeccas-sewing
March 28th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Blondie, Love the quilter's brain. I think I stomped on your post. Sorry about that! I was so impressed with the moon photos I just had to post them. Glad you are getting your basement back in order. I still haven't gotten over my sister leaving all my dad's memorabilia on the basement floor. They had serious rain a few years back and it was all destroyed. How she could leave something so precious on the basement floor is beyond me. It was EXTREMELY careless. I don't know if I'll ever get over it. I didn't say anything. What's done is done and it wouldn't accomplish anything to get angry with her and show it. I'm sure she felt pretty bad about it. I don't even like to think about it because I get very upset all over again. I'm glad you are making efforts to protect your belongings. Nice you have a basement. The two houses we lived in since marriage are without basements. I do have a lovely walk-in attic in the house in CA. I do like that but I don't like all the STUFF we've accumulated in there.

Monique
March 28th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Blondie, hope you get back to NORMAL whatever normal is, real soon.

Nancy, sorry to hear about the teacher. There was a similar thing that happened, up here, not that long ago. Today we have freezing rain, and rain. Hope the drive to work is not too bad.

I continue to work on the dresdens.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

aliaslaceygreen
March 28th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Yep, my brain too...lol!!

I am happy with WED, as I AM off this weekend (and next, don't tell the boss I took two in a row!!!)

I MUST get to the LA quilter this week, I MUST!!!
Make me, will ya?

Have a great, cooler than last week, day!

ginampls
March 28th, 2012, 08:40 AM
ah mornin all. wet basements... shutter... Blondie you poor dear...and any one else going through it..

i have the next 8 days off....so now there is no excuse... i will beworking on DD quilt. imight needtogoto local quilt shop to get some amish black solid by moda...for sashings...but the block pieces are pieced .just need to assemble...

cold and very windy here last fewdays...like 50 mph gusts. seems to chill you to the bone...okay i am off to face the day.

CrazyMtnLady
March 28th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Good morning Quilties.

Blondie, just take your time and don't wear yourself out.

Was outside yesterday trying to follow the mamma cat to where she may have the kittens hiding, couldn't find THEM, but DH and I came back in and found out that we HAD found a gazillion seed ticks. We spent a while picking ticks off each other like a couple of monkeys. Then we had to take our clothes outside and shake them out and check them over. It is going to be one nasty season for ticks here in the Ozarks. I never knew there were so many kinds of ticks till I moved here. I was use to the big old brown tick in Indiana, but down here there are Seed Ticks, Lone Star, Dog, Deer and who knows what else. And I AM ALLERGIC TO BUGS! So I am doped up on Benadryl and covered in Neosporin. Not a happy camper. :(

Think I will stay in the house and do some hand-sewing or some crocheting today it will be safer. LOL

LynneLeavell
March 28th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Blondie Love the brain scan. Hope things come around with your basement soon. I have three weeks to get my sewing table cleaned off so we can have my oldest grandson's birthday party at the house. I wouldn't worry about it but my sewing table is my dinning room table in my living room. So needless to say I'm feeling your pain.

Oh well hope everyone has a great day stay dry if it's raining, stay warm if it's cold and stay safe where ever you are. Prayers are still going up for those who need it.

Sandy Navas
March 28th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Donna, while it is scary, it sure can be fun checking for ticks . . .

Blondie - I thought about you trying to dry out all day yesterday and went to bed with every muscle hurting from YOUR efforts. Not fun at all. We have one corner that used to seep water with heavy rains and it has commercial carpet in it - the glue gets wet and smells like very strong cat pee . . . French drain solved that problem (we think/hope).

Got a busy day ahead of me. Sending lots of hugs and prayers. You know the routine. Line up!!

Granny Judy
March 28th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Got a lovely bunch of Lilacs in a vase and sitting on the dining table....makes the whole house smell Springy!! Just to open a door or window and get a whiff of lilacs, honey suckle or magnolia's makes this Ol Lady get a Spring in her step. I'm jumping rope, today!!
No plans other than spending an hour sewing a few blocks together.. DD#1's quilt is all cut out (HST) and now I spend a bit of time each day putting some parts together. Not even thinking about the end or over all look. I might get discouraged and quit..worse yet....change my mind. I do love that "flock of birds" block....

The laundry is calling me.. that's in the basement so I am getting plenty of exercise this day!! Hugs to all and many blessing being sent .

sewsoft
March 29th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Hi everyone, It feels good to stop in again.

Blondie
March 29th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone, It feels good to stop in again.

Kena, it is WONDEFUL to see you here! Big hugs and prayers continually for you. Warmer weather is on the way for you!