PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think... MSQC

GrammaBabs
March 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM
This may be way over the top, but i seriously think that MSQC should be featured on a show like 60 minutes... i mean it... it's a wonderful human interest story of a family working hard to make their business grow while making people happy ... In this day and age it would be refreshing..
I went on line and found what i thought was a site to send stories.. but it was returned "no such email"...
So if anyone else feels as i do,,, let me know if you have any ideas as to how to go about sending their story...

We have a channel here in the Boston Area, that does this and it's a great show... but it's mostly local...
just wanted to share and see if anyone else thinks this would be a good idea....:)

Jean Sewing Machine
March 25th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Great idea, let's see if the gals near K.C. Can get their TV people interested in doing the story. What do you think?

Judy~Ann
March 25th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Hi Babs, I have been singing the praises for this company since day one. They are a pure example of what keeps America precious. I told Sarah not long ago, that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jenny on TV. Grand idea you have.... I'd love to see it come to fruition.

Judy~Ann
March 25th, 2012, 07:22 PM
This company would have been a great Oprah show too.... alas, she is gone from daily TV

ChristineB
March 25th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Great idea!!! If this is some sort of petition to make it happen, count me in!!!

Helen McD
March 26th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I would not be machine quilting if it wasn't for Jenny's tutorials - I always did paper piecing - now i've got my own room set up but and since Christmas have made 6 quilts -

CrazyMtnLady
March 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I think that is an awesome idea. If not a 60 minutes segment it would make a great PBS show. This site is not just about quilting either, it is about the friendship and support the members give to one another. I know being here has lifted my spirits from missing the people back in Indiana and Michigan that we left behind when we moved here to Missouri. And being so isolated this is my life line to the real world. chuckle chuckle

Judy~Ann
March 26th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Amen, Donna. I so agree

GrammaBabs
March 26th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Ok.... i'm not alone.... but who out there has an idea of what it would take to make something like this happen??? They will be opening a new shop... what a great human interest/family documentary this would make.... who knows... someone out there may just have the info for this...:)

coffeebreak
March 26th, 2012, 05:45 PM
This may be way over the top, but i seriously think that MSQC should be featured on a show like 60 minutes... i mean it... it's a wonderful human interest story of a family working hard to make their business grow while making people happy ... In this day and age it would be refreshing..
I went on line and found what i thought was a site to send stories.. but it was returned "no such email"...
So if anyone else feels as i do,,, let me know if you have any ideas as to how to go about sending their story...

We have a channel here in the Boston Area, that does this and it's a great show... but it's mostly local...
just wanted to share and see if anyone else thinks this would be a good idea....:)

I'd like to see a weekly show on DIY or KDOC or HGTV or something. THey used to have lot of craft shows 10 years ago, but lately there's not much. I get Fonz and Porter and Quilt in a day on Sat mornings, but they are just reruns all the time now. I'd love to seee MSQC every week!

meemeecyn
March 26th, 2012, 06:20 PM
What a great idea, Barbara! I mean really......MSQC is a perfect example of what America is all about. What sets it apart from other business ventures is the family owned aspect as well as the excellent customer service! It would totally be awesome to have them do a show on HGTV.....or PBS or something! So many other quilt stores have gotten so big, (ie bought out some of the smaller local shops) that they have lost the human side of business. Yes, of course it is necessary to make a profit, but customer service does not have to suffer because of it. Jenny's style of teaching is so comfy! We learn so much from her, with her great sense of humor and 'realness'. It is always a pleasure to talk with the staff that run the store/business, too. Even the notes on the invoices are warm and responsive. I think you are on to something, Barb. I hope the Doan family sees this.....I sure would watch their show. Gee, has anyone thought of a reality show???? That would be cool!
Cynthia

K. McEuen
March 26th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Ok.... i'm not alone.... but who out there has an idea of what it would take to make something like this happen??? They will be opening a new shop... what a great human interest/family documentary this would make.... who knows... someone out there may just have the info for this...:)

Not to be the one to rain on your parade, but I learned while working for the newspaper that the News agencies tend to think a bit differently than most people. What we may think as a great human interest story they see as giving someone free advertising. Someone mentioned HGTV or PBS and that would probably be a better venue for an idea like this. I would imagine that the way this might work is if it could get picked up by a local news agency and then branch out from there.

janluna
March 27th, 2012, 02:39 AM
What a great idea! Jenny on TV. A special on the store, how it got started, how they have allowed all of us the chance to learn. And especially the chance for all of us to have access to each other! The support and love this family has been to the women of this world, not just the USA. The fact that it isn't just a store, but a blessing to all of us. The Daily Deal, the customer service, the free videos and a chance to share life with people from all walks of life. Maybe if we all write a letter to our local PBS stations we could ask them to check with all they're sister stations to see how many people have written in. It might work. However, to be fair, we should ask the family and Jenny if they want to do that. We all love them so much, but they may get overwhelmed with a TV show too. I would love to see that though. It would be Amazing, Brilliant and Awesome!!!!! Hugs, Jan L.

alliek
March 27th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Terrific idea, and you are so right Czy Mtn Lady, this IS a connection to the "outside world" if you are kind of isolated.(moved also and left a life behind) . It's so nice to be able to connect with caring people of like interests, yet so different and so far apart. This is a great story. Thanks Jenny!!!