PDA

View Full Version : Peaceful Sunday to you all.

CrazyMtnLady
March 25th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Good morning. Must be the regular morning people are sleeping in or at church. I have already said my morning prayers.

It is a beautiful morning here in the Ozarks. The birds are singing away and the sun is shining. The rain we had over the past week as really brought the trees to life. They are becoming very vibrant with their new buds. The dogwoods and red buds are blossoming and the Asian pear trees smell wonderful.

I did 4 loads of laundry yesterday, but haven't decided if I will finish up today or just make this a lazy Sunday. I vote for the lazy idea.

We bought and watched a new movie last night with Will Smith called "Seven Pounds" what a tear jerker. It was a really good movie but sad. Has anyone else seen that movie?

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Prayers and hugs to all.

buckeyequilter
March 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Good morning

It's a beautiful morning here, a little chilly but beautiful.

I just started on the FMQ on the quilt again, hope to get that part finished today.

Not much on the agenda here. I need to take a few minutes to clean up my sewing room sometime today. I think the sewing gremlins come out at night and throw things around.

Everyone have a wonderful day and prayers for those in need.

ginampls
March 25th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Nope i have not seen that one...i haven't had a good movie in what seems like a long time.

DD went to her sleep over.. and i got to sleep in til 737 am...awesome... only got twice to... you know...

very overcast here...low temps too. uh oh battery low must go now... have great day every one.

Sandy Navas
March 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Sunday morning! Donna, the birds were singing here bright and early - they sound so beautiful. I just wish I could identify all the birds by their specific calls. Got up and baked a cake - today is Mom's birthday . . . she's all of a young 96 years old. Also, yesterday was DGD Michelle's 10th birthday. We'll be headed to Michelle's celebration as soon as they get home from church. Then there's a pot luck Spring luncheon at Mom's residence. Hopefully she won't be in a cantankerous mood and try to kick me in the shins.

A beautiful, fun filled day awaits. And, maybe, just maybe, some sewing later on.

BellasQuilts
March 25th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Woke to a rainy morning this am! Started last night and they say we might get 1.5 inches. We sure could use it. Yes, I did see that movie, it was definitely a tear jerker. I loved it. Shirley, I will be FMQing today too on Heaven's quilt. Can't wait to finish it for her. Sandy, wish your momma a happy birthday for us even though she won't understand. Tell Michelle happy 10th to her and don't eat too much cake! Love and hugs to all, Megan

Shannon
March 25th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Spending the day helping DD move the rest of her stuff out of her fiance's house. She and DGD have been living with me for almost 8 months now so it's time to get this over with! I'm going to be there to mainly make sure she doesn't miss anything and to play referee....oh joy, what a way to spend a Sunday. What we won't do for our kids, right?

Oh well, this should be the end of it and everyone can get on with their lives...I hope. Don't need this trauma and drama in my home and life all the time!

Hope everyone has a good and relaxing Sunday :)

Genny
March 25th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Beautiful morning to all of you out there in quilter's land! Beautiful here but not too quiet, the carpenter is here and we're getting our new front steps!!! YESSSSSSS, I will actually be able to use them by this evening. Next weekend if I don't have to work overtime I'm going to paint them. The front of our house has been so bare since last fall when we took the old crumbly ones out.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

bakermom
March 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM
quiet here right now. i spent last evening working on an Easter gift for GD. I also have blocks for DWR to work on but thats set aside while i work on things for the kids for Easter. I want to knit a little bunny for GS so I've got to get busy-I'm a slow knitter. DDsand i are planning to go to the Sewing and Quilt Expo this week. It will be a fun girls day.

toggpine
March 25th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Good Noon!
The sun is out and I wanna be out playing in it! I did get some house keeping done yesterday, so I can at least look out the windows and enjoy the weather! I really need to wash the windows from the outside now! Ugh! that will have to wait for another day.
More paperwork/scheduling to do. BUT first I am gonna sew. I can't concentrate on the other stuff right now. My mind keeps wandering! So I'll sing with the radio and let the machine hum along!
Sandy - I love your new lilac avatar pic!
Megan, there is no such thing as too much cake! Just don't try to eat it all at once!
You all have a great day!
Cathy

RFREE
March 25th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Donna I have seen that movie several times and yes i is a very good movie.Tear jerker for sure.I had to watch it several times to catch all that was going on.
Another good movie is "Second hand lion" Great great movie.If you haven't seen it itis a must watch movie!!
Everything is in full bloom here too. Way to soon I might add but it sure is pretty if you can keep your allergies in check.
Good Sunday to you.
Hugs
Rhonda

toggpine
March 26th, 2012, 12:00 AM
OK. I probably should have done my work first.
Either my machine is acting up, I have a crappy batch of sewing machine needles, or the universe is taking revenge. Every time I sew over a seam I get a loud thump-thumping sound. The needles kept wanting to chew the fabric instead of pierce it. I tried three sizes, all new. Grrr. I did get quite a bit of stuff done and I have a few more things to knock out, but now that I have the kitchen cleaned up I really must get the drudgery bit of the day out of the way.
I hope you all had a great day and enjoyed the weather no matter what it was at your house today.
Hugs,
Cathy