PDA

View Full Version : Hey, dudes, it's naptime!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 24th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Hey dudes outside cutting my neighbor's yard with your industrial size mowers 5 feet from my bedroom window--it's Saturday afternoon at 2 o'clock, and it's naptime! Go away! I have to get my beauty sleep for a big night out on the town tonight, our church auction! Whooppee!

Cathy F
March 24th, 2012, 06:53 PM
What's even worse is when they come around early Sat & Sun mornings with those darn blowers they all use and rouse you out of a nice peaceful sleep!

Sandy Navas
March 24th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Something wild and wonderful to be said about living away from humanity . . . I'll take barnyard aromas and moos any time.

BellasQuilts
March 24th, 2012, 08:54 PM
What Sandy said!

CrazyMtnLady
March 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Yep, Sandy is right, the only sounds I hear in the morning are the birds singing outside my window. And occasionally Katie the mule making a Hee-Hawing fuss because she thinks she needs some hay.

I love the boondocks!

Sandy Navas
March 25th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Well, I have to retract my statement. Right about bedtime last night the fireworks guy who lives about a mile from us decided to spend several thousand dollars lighting up the sky and making big BOOMS!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 26th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Living in the country has its benefits, not the fireworks thing! Or being outside on the first day of hunting season! I love the spring peepers, they. Started up when it still pretty cold. But you knew spring was on its way. We had a big pond or little lake whatever, but they only needed a puddle to take up residence in. I miss that for sure.