PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone! It's Wednesday!

Blondie
March 21st, 2012, 06:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/Keefers_FunnyAnimals1.gif

Happy Day Folksies

I have so many things that I want to do, need to do and of course, all the things I put off and by the middle of the week, I assess what I haven't done. Ever do that? I am a list maker and like to see little check marks on it. Well . . . . this week it isn't looking too good. I have the best plans and then dang nab it, it has been so very pretty the only thing I've checked off my list is being outside, playing in the weeds. I've been on a flower hunt, looking for wee buds poking their heads up while weeding. I see some hostas starting to emerge and oh, all the glorious sweet annie! Love that stuff.

I did actually go into the salon yesterday and take care of one gal who was so sick last week. The phone was ringing off the hook with telemarketers - I reckon the new phone number has hit their lotto. I despise those pre recorded messages.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Loonwatcher
March 21st, 2012, 07:23 AM
Good morning! I am a list maker too.

Yesterday was the first day of spring and I decided it was the first day of my new healthy life. So after work I went for a walk and ended by giving blood at a local drive. It was my first time. I have a major issue with needles and they always have a hard time finding my vines. Last time I went to the doc's for blood work it took them 5 sticks before they found it. I told them that at the drive and they gave me to their best tech who got it first time. Yay! I also tried to start eating better; although I kind of easing my way into that. Baby steps.

We are supposed to get into the 80's today do I will be walking again after work. Need to get some audio books for my iPod but they are so expensive.

Blonde, I've been enjoying watching the flowers coming up too. It's so early! So far we have the daffodils just poking through but the day Lillie's are going crazy; some about 6" already.

Hope everyone has a great day. Prayers where needed.

Monique
March 21st, 2012, 08:21 AM
Good morning everyone. Blondie, the weather is just so dang beautiful to be stuck indoors. My husband cleaned out the junk room and threw stuff out the door. Well yesterday I decided to clean up his mess. I did not want to be inside anyway. I also did more laundry and hung it out to dry. He got an invitation to attend an Ottawa Senators hockey game. While he was away, I washed floors. It was nice to see him gone for a few hours. I get more done that way.

The hot weather is not going to last so I am taking advantage of it. Needless to say, there has been no sewing lately and that's ok. I need the fresh air anyway.

One little cavity, UGH!! between my front teeth of all places. Just starting. Getting that fixed in a month. Blood work tomorrow, so I have to fast for 12 hours. NO COFFEE in the morning.

I hope you are all enjoying this fantastic weather. Get out and get some fresh air and sunshine.

Happy Wednesday to you all.

buckeyequilter
March 21st, 2012, 09:25 AM
Good morning...

I agree it's too nice to be indoors but since I'm at work I guess I'll be indoors.

My flowers are looking so pretty the daffodils, crocuses and wild hyacinth are blooming. My tulips are up but no pretties yet. I planted what looks like a Japaneese Lantern several years go - my daughter call it "that big ugly thing" but it's growing now so hopefully in a few weeks it will have flowers on it. This week we're supposed to be in the 70's and 80's but by Sunday it's only supposed to be about 60.

Hubby wants to get in the garden and start planting I told him it's too early for most things and to be patient because he doesn't want all his hard work to get frostbitten.

I guess I'll finish pinning the quilt tonight - ran out of pins so have to get some on my lunch hour. Then I think I'm going to spend some time cleaning up my sewing room I've been working on a quilt and it's been neglected. I'm going to make a couple of potholders because we need them and I can also practice some quilting on them. If anyone has an easy pattern please let me know. I'm going to pad them with insul-bright since I have some left over from making an ironing board.

Everyone have a wonderful day and prayers to those in need of them.

aliaslaceygreen
March 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM
Good morning!
Didcha miss me?

I missed all of you. Thank you Blondie, for getting me the Tech help I needed to log back onto the site!
I have been suffering withdrawals, reading here all week and for some reason being unable to post!

But, Blondie (and Al) to the rescue and I am BACK!!!!

I would love to say I had gotten lots of stuff done while gone, but...

I did go to the park yesterday.... http://www.rteest42.com/ImagesToOwn/...6590127_NPt2L4

This is a link to the gallery of photos
(its all I've ever taken there, you don't need to look at all15 pages, lol...the first few are the other day)

I am almost finished with another UFO top! Just need to applique 14 circles to Dresden plates!!!!

Yesterday being the first day of spring meant that the humidity is back, as well. So much for Spring, we've moved right into the summer!!

I have a quilting group meeting today, then I think I am going to pop by our new Joanns, that just relo'ed the other day.... and then, I do believe I may hear my rake calling to me...my yard is seriously neglected...but I need to take a good long walk, too, the 10k is coming up in 10 days, and I need to get a bit more prepared for that as well...

Midaem
March 21st, 2012, 09:37 AM
Good morning. Today I have to sit and wait for the air conditioning repair man to come. I guess I could do some billing on the computer while I wait. It has been 85 degrees each day for some
Otime now. As my sewing room is on the ground floor (I have taken over the large and sunny dining room as we only used it 3-4 times a year), it's been too darn hot to quilt in there. I don't want to sweat on my fabric, after all...so I called the repair folks as the ground floor air was not working. I thought I'd be their only customer, but they told me they were having a massive amount of calls for air! I was so surprised. So, they aren't sure exactly when but that they will get here today. I am resigned to the inevitability of replacing the unit as it is so old and not very efficient. So this should be a two day ordeal of being housebound and interminable waiting. Oh well, I'll be so happy when it's done and I can reoccupy the sewing room. On the bright side, our outstanding weather has coaxed my daffodils and tulips into full and glorious bloom, and the Bradford pear trees are wild with gorgeous blossoms. No complaints from me.
My husband Kali ( he is from India ) has just told me that he doesn't want to go alone to New Orleans in October for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons yearly conference. So I've been elected to go. Lol...I don't mind. I love to tour the plantations and cemeteries while he attends meetings. And who doesn't love creole food?
Have a safe and lovely day. Joan Kalimuthu

alwaysinmyroom
March 21st, 2012, 10:09 AM
Morning all! Got into work a little late...I had a substitute personal trainer who thought my workout was at 7:30 instead of 7 am...oh well, I started without him but it made me a bit late for work anyway! Had good luck at the post office--I was first in line! That never happens!

So, just settling in, reading emails, making my "to do" list...got my fabrics for working on my solids only quilt...I must order fabric for backing as the quilt tops are stacking on my dining room table! :D

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! Enjoy Spring!

bakermom
March 21st, 2012, 10:26 AM
another beautiful day here. we are supposed to be breaking another record for high temp.
I will be spending the morning with my GS. He is growing and changing so fast.

CrazyMtnLady
March 21st, 2012, 10:32 AM
Happy Soggy Wednesday! It is raining non-stop here. Last evening after getting home from the grocery store and relaxing the rain started. Then the news report came on that we had a Tornado Warning for our county. The weatherman showed the path the storm was taking for the possible tornado...right over us. Then the station went back to regular broadcasting!!!!
Hubby was so mad he got on their Facebook page and told them off. Any other time there are tornado warnings especially closer to Springfield or Branson the stations stay on the air with non-stop coverage... I guess we don't matter here! Anyway the wind and rain went over us without any damage. Praise the Lord.

It will be a very non-productive day I am guessing. Can't do anything outside and the sewing machine doesn't work. Guess I will have to watch movies or read a book. With this rain my hands are aching to much to hand sew.

Hope everyone enjoys their beautiful days where the sun is shining.

Oh and there is a HUGE wet area on my hallway rug.... The roof must have a leak! ARRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Prayers and hugs to all.

ginampls
March 21st, 2012, 10:49 AM
okay i waxed my chin and upper lip..yeah. got DD off to school. checked bank account.. it is okay....need to do some light grocery shopping.. need toget pacckage off into themail.. love the us post... need to bake some banana bread... its time. thenoff to do erruns...

have great day.... prayers still being said....for all who needs them.

Sandy Navas
March 21st, 2012, 11:00 AM
Talk about rain? Let's see . . . Noah said 40 days and 40 nights? We are on day #3 here. Started Monday morning and hasn't really stopped since then . . . oh, off and on, but it is a tad bit WET out. And, having just checked my weather forecaster, it looks as if we still have several more days staring us in the face (the weekend is supposed to be dry and sunny) but more rain predicted to start on Monday . . . again. And I don't have my rain gauge out. Better make sure it is water worthy and place it this morning. Look at all those wonderful measurements I've already missed out on though. I'm guessing over 5-6 inches so far . . . at times hard, at times just a gentle spring cleansing. Everything looks so fresh outdoors.

All my previous plans for today have been cancelled - so I'm heading in to finish pinning the silhouette quilt and then I'm going to do a quick basting. I've decided to do the actual quilting on my machine since Sis is having major problems with the quilter. We are ready to throw the @#$!@^*( thing out the back door and bring in something NEW and bright and FUNCTIONAL. Remember, Ladies - all those comments that say " . . . take the opportunity to sit down and try the machine out before you make up your mind . . . "??

My Michelle finished two pillows yesterday and started on a comforter for her new American Girl doll. She'll be back sometime this week to finish the comforter. Then we had cooking school and the girls each made their own mustard (to be finished next class day) and Michelle did her 'corrected' microwave pudding again (and this time it turned out great). They also have begun planning a special Anniversary Dinner for Mom and Dad to be the end of May . . . great ideas and lots of time to practice . . . and they have two guinea pigs to try their meals out before the actual presentation day.

Okay, off here to become more productive. Pin, pin, pin, baste, baste, baste. Sending all those prayers to those out there who are having health issues. To the little ones special requests for healing hands and comfort. To everyone who needs a hug, just remember my shoulder is here and it's nice and soft. Ready for squeezing some fun and laughter and good feelings back into your heart. To everyone else I wish a lot of good health, happiness, and a few extra pennies to jingle in your pocket (and maybe spend on fabric). And time . . . time to do everything your heart and mind can think of . . . for I'm going to take advantage of mine.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 21st, 2012, 11:07 AM
It is so wierd, because it has stayed in mid-MO and we haven't had a drop in St. Louis. However we are supposed to ge some later today.

toggpine
March 21st, 2012, 02:52 PM
Morning!
The sun is out here today. I am off to throw hay, do a bit of typing, and then get back to sewing!

Nancy, try checking your library for audio-books. Ours has some you can download from their website straight to your computer/iPod. Others you can transfer from CD to the 'puter to the 'pod.
Cathy

Granny Judy
March 22nd, 2012, 12:04 AM
I think we have the cable working again.. somehow it only affected the computers?? Then the phones went before we got the repair man to look at our hook ups. We thought perhaps we'd have to replace a modem since only the computers were out of service.

We got back on line and everything working this early evening.. and I've been busy catching up.. a few days without the BEAST and Nothing seems right.. missing out on sooo much.
Hopefully tomorrow A.M. I'll be able to do a proper Howdy Do.. Granny