PDA

View Full Version : Spring Floral Jacobs Ladder Swap

pdjewelrylady1
March 21st, 2012, 01:05 AM
Lets have fun making Bright Spring Floral Jacobs Ladder blocks to swap!

Jenny has a great video tutorial on how to make them quick and easy using precut jelly rolls and charm squares! :D or use stash!! Each block must be a happy bright floral with a tone on tone neutral background as pictured.

NOTE: By joining the group you are commiting to make the required number of blocks to swap 1 per player and mailing to hostess by final mailing date!

Join group by April 2nd, 2012- Group capped at 25 players.

Mail to hostess by May 30, 2012

phoots
March 21st, 2012, 01:49 AM
That is a beautiful block but I just don't have the time to make up to 25 blocks by the end of May. Sorry.

Pam in Vegas

jingleme
March 21st, 2012, 02:56 AM
Pretty! I wanna play!
Glad you capped it at 25....that makes it so attractive & doable & a great size for a finished quilt. I'm in.

Susan Long
March 21st, 2012, 04:05 AM
Sorry for the previous message Suzi. I should have read your instructions better :-) But I am still curious about the floral, any color or size flower, as long as it is bright and happy? And, my math still sucks. If we are to make 25 of these, approx how much yardage would that be of the floral and the background? These are darling, and I commend you on keeping us on our toes! You have quite an eye for cute prints and patterns. By doing these, we not only learn a new pattern, and become pros at it, but we have a quilt or two to show for it! Thank you for your leadership!!

Klasien
March 21st, 2012, 04:43 AM
Oh I would love to make the Jackobs Ladder......only the time.......
I leave for the States in a couple of weeks, I return April 24th.....should that be enough time to join?
The mailing is longer from the Netherlands to the USA, but I would like to join so bad........

I'm with Susan Long, can you tell us the yardage? I think (living overhere) that it would come to yardage for me, so if you would be so kind to do the math for us, I can go out look for fabric and if I can find the right fabric I'm in.........
Safe to do it this way around this time, last time I joined and could not find the fabric so I had to leave the swap.......:(

Great pattern and great fabric choice!!!!!!!!!

pdjewelrylady
March 21st, 2012, 03:18 PM
Moving the MAIL date - to June 9th (works better for me too) - YAY!!! :D

not very good at math either to be honest ....... ;) but..... i used yardages for my blocks and to make 16 blocks, i cut 10 jelly roll strips of each fabric (2.5" x WOF) and 32 5" charms of each fabric........ Can someone help with the math from there - how much yardage to make the 25 blocks?? geech.... if i could figure out this EQ program that would help ! :D

pdjewelrylady1
March 21st, 2012, 06:28 PM
so .... I think i have figured out that about 2 to 2.5 yards of each should be plenty good ....... anyone else been working on this math? LOL :D

come PLAY with us - these are going to make up so pretty pretty pretty for a beautiful bright spring / summer quilt! :D

Klasien
March 21st, 2012, 06:55 PM
For the charms 2 yards of each and for the strips 40" of each fabric........my DH did some math......I know in meters what I need now, so that's nice!

So 3 yards is just a little short I think, those yards and meters...........my DH loves math things like this!!!

cyndiofthevortex
March 21st, 2012, 08:09 PM
I'm checking my stash and will let you know if I can play. The block is beautiful and it will make a great quilt with all different bright florals. Great choice for a swap, Suzi!

Cyndi

pdjewelrylady1
March 21st, 2012, 09:47 PM
Bright FUN HaPpY Florals :D yay!! loving this so far...... :D

dl11man
March 22nd, 2012, 12:18 AM
What is the size of the blocks? I've read and re-read the info provided, but nothing has been said about it being a 12 inch block, a 15 inch block or 9 inch block. Someone mentioned charm squares, but how are they used - cut in half to make half square triangle sub-blocks? What pattern instructions to be used? How big would the quilt be, if only 25 blocks? Seams pressed open or to one side? Lots of questions (to me) need to be answered before, I can commit to another exchange, but does sound inviting. The Jacobs Ladder block has become very popular lately on different blogs.

pdjewelrylady
March 22nd, 2012, 12:27 AM
its a 12" finished block following Jenny's tutorial ........ charms used to make HSTs yes :) JStrips make the 4 patchs..... really fun and super easy! this is my first time making this block and after the first few they go really quick - about 15 minutes ea..... Join in the bright floral HapPy fun of these! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itUKAJ6RaOc&feature=plcp&context=C4a0fd1aVDvjVQa1PpcFMO5xMe-u_F7sI-7Qk8Zy8xECDNZO0X5AI%3D

this is the link to the tutorial on youtube - the brown quilt behind her on the wall is made from 16 of the same blocks we will be making 25 of if that gives a good size reference ;)

Laura F
March 22nd, 2012, 01:08 AM
Thank you Suzi for doing this. It will be lots of fun. My only question (so far) can the blocks be different spring fabric or should all 25 be the same fabric? I can't wait to go look in my stash.

pdjewelrylady
March 22nd, 2012, 01:23 AM
hi Laura - yes they can be different as long as they are bright fun happy happy florals :D and the background fabric is tone on tone neutrals...... mine are being made from stash ...... YAY!!

phoots
March 22nd, 2012, 01:36 AM
Ya want to hear something funny...I was reading this thread when Susan asked how much fabric. I thought to myself...I got an "A" in Algebra so I should be able to do this. Mind you, I wasn't using any paper...just my old brain and a calculator. I figured out each person would need 32 yds of fabric to make 25 blocks!!! I laughed so hard I cried!!!! So much for math!

Pam in Vegas

jingleme
March 22nd, 2012, 02:00 AM
Fun fun fun! :)
What size is the finished block supposed to be? ( What size do we send to you?)

Pam, that's the same kind of math I do! New Math!

Shannon
March 22nd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Suzi are you planning on doing another step by step picture instruction? That was super helpful last time. Still considering if I want to do this one. I'm a little confused about which color we would use where on those squares :(

pdjewelrylady1
March 22nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHA @ Pam - and i thought i was crazy :D

shannon - click on the link i posted to Robert - it is of Jennys tutorial on you tube - easy peasy. i can email you printable directions with pictures too - yes, if you need premierjeweler.suzi@gmail.com or you can google the block pattern - it is on quilters cache and jane wickells sites and hundreds of others i am sure - this block has been around for a l o n g time..... swapping is a great way to learn how to make it

Come play in bright happy fun spring florals - will be so pretty when swapped and completed - the perfect summertime quilt for in the garden! :D

brittyboo07
March 22nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
OK I am headed to look for material this afternoon! I might take these down to GA with me and work on then while I am at the inlaws!

pdjewelrylady1
March 22nd, 2012, 01:24 PM
WHOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! thats great Brit! Have fun shopping for happy happy bright flowers :D post a pic on the groups page when you get a chance :D

mandymae
March 22nd, 2012, 01:36 PM
Picked up my fabric yesterday afternoon. Will post pictures as soon as I can :) Hopefully it's bright enough. Was limited on my selection.

Aw Brit what part of GA? :) They might live near me... lol

pdjewelrylady1
March 22nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
when looking for your fabrics - look in the childrens or in the novelty type prints .... lots to be found there :D of course MSQC has some fabulous selections in the shop too :D

jingleme
March 22nd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Shannon, I think it doesn't matter which color goes where when making blocks... just make five 4 patches & four half square triangles. Make them all the same, & then spin them around to create the jacob's ladder pattern and then sew them together.

Suzi are you planning on doing another step by step picture instruction? That was super helpful last time. Still considering if I want to do this one. I'm a little confused about which color we would use where on those squares :(

GrammaBabs
March 22nd, 2012, 06:41 PM
OK... i NEVER commit to things like this,,, but am hoping to give this a shot.... i'm writing down things like
1.check jenny's tute

2.the block is 12"

3. it can be scrappy, as long as the fabric is "bright, florally, summer spring"... with monochromatic tone on tone cream/white background..it's ok if blocks are different as long as colorway is right
I am planning on shopping my "wall o' fabrics"... :)

4. 25 people tops

5.start now, but must mail by June early.
anything else???

What must we do to be "fully committed" to this project!!!!

pdjewelrylady1
March 22nd, 2012, 07:12 PM
i think ya got the idea ms Babs!

the block will be 12.5 when swapped - follow the tutorial and that is what you should get ;)

note on scrappy - each block should use the same fabric to create it but you may make different blocks using different fabric. LOL - clear as mud!

start now and mail as soon as they are completed - the sooner the all get here the sooner they get swapped and back to you for quilting :D

join the group by clicking the groups tab above and "join" there you will find more detailed discussions and pictures of progress - post yours too!

all players should check back in on the groups pages often ... YAY! :D

GrammaBabs
March 23rd, 2012, 02:09 PM
duh!!!!!!!!!!! i wondered "where all this happened"..LOL
i get it.... we can use different "brite fabrics"... but make sure the "brite is the same for each individual block...
can ya' tell i'm gunshy about making a mistake>>> now off to GROUPS!!

SusieQ
March 23rd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Suzi, I can't join in this swap, But really LIKE your fabric choice! Wouldn't one made out of that and some solids for the borders from the lime green,Turquoise and Orange make a Bright Spring Quilt? Oh, now I want to go check the stores for that fabric! LOL Ya'll have fun!

alwaysinmyroom
March 23rd, 2012, 03:24 PM
I love swaps! What a fun way to get a block from each person and make a quilt with memories! Let's see as a newbie if I can figure out how to join!

I joined and then..duh...I can't get my fabric until I know how many people join! :D

GrammaBabs
March 23rd, 2012, 03:29 PM
just go back a page to my post.... she explained it to me.... basically... go to groups at the heading of the forum page... etc..good to have you... this will be my first endeavor other than a quilt i did for anothr forum... and that was me collecting from others, then putting it all together... hope i can be disciplined enough to get this done... but that the challenge for myself.... !!
i've made enough "doll sweaters" for the craft fair next week,,, time to get some sewing done"...have a good weekend.. hugs B
I love swaps! What a fun way to get a block from each person and make a quilt with memories! Let's see as a newbie if I can figure out how to join!

pdjewelrylady1
March 23rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
whooohoooo glad to have you ladies!! go ahead and get started - we are making 25 blocks :) BASIC directions are posted in the group thread - check in there often and post pics - we love to lookie see! :D

grammakim04
March 23rd, 2012, 11:16 PM
If there is still room, I'm in.

Kim

pdjewelrylady1
March 24th, 2012, 12:49 AM
only 5 open spots!!
jump in now ladies - join the group and go ahead and get started!
These are going to be fast and FUN!! :D

Shannon
March 24th, 2012, 10:10 AM
ok, going to the store today to see if I can find any fabric I like...if I do, I'll join the swap!

Shannon
March 24th, 2012, 10:14 AM
scratch that.. there were only 2 spots left so I went ahead and joined! Just my luck I would get home tonight with the fabric and the swap would have been full!

Gotten kinda use to doing the swaps and I know I would just pout for the next 2 months if I didn't get in :)

pdjewelrylady1
March 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
YAY!! Shannon!!!

ONLY 1 Player Spot left - who wants to play?? :D

EeyoresGal
March 24th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Man that color REALLY pops. Absolutely gorgeous!

NanaB
March 24th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I joined in last night. I can't wait to go fabric shopping. Hobby Lobby, here I come!!!!

Becki

pdjewelrylady1
March 24th, 2012, 09:40 PM
YAY!! welcome Becki!! :D
Laura has posted her first pic on the groups homepage - check it out PERFECT bright happy flowers!!

GrammaBabs
March 25th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I got one done.. and posted in group!!! I hope it's worthy.... it's a first for me... but looking forward to quilting everyone's blocks together!!!!

GrammaBabs
March 25th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Now i'm really bummed... i can only get a 12" block...
i square to 4.5 all blocks.... but i'm guessing my seams are a shade off... i have trouble stitching so close....
I will make one more and see what happens... i hope i don't have to quit the group,,, but will not stress myself... that takes all the fun out of it for me... :)

pdjewelrylady1
March 25th, 2012, 07:37 PM
babs dear - i love your block! no way you are dropping out girlfriend!! ;)
try using a more scant 1/4" seam and they will be perfecto!!

GrammaBabs
March 26th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Ok... good morning... watched a movie with DH last night and "unsewed" my block... being the math genius i am... LOL, i figure that if i'm VERY careful i will re-stitch to be 12.5... from there i will try to be more precise... (so not me, but do not want to make the rest of the girls suffer that way..hehehe)....
Suzi, i will try in ernest today... i have water aerobics this am, then errands... then sewing...:)
notice i did not say... "pick up sewing room"!!

pdjewelrylady1
March 26th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Just do YOUR best and i will too :)
No Quit Police in our swaps! its about trying something new, having FUN and sharing with your msqc quiltylady friends around the world :D

alwaysinmyroom
March 26th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I ordered my fabric! I hope you guys like it! I got two different colorways of the same fabric so I will be making twelve of one color and twelve of the other. If I can find my box of creams, I might be able to get started this week!

pdjewelrylady1
March 26th, 2012, 03:57 PM
1 player spot still open! who wants to play in bright happy flowers? sooooo pretty!! join the group and say hi :D

pdjewelrylady1
March 28th, 2012, 11:30 PM
group is now filled :D YAY!! These are going to be SO FUN!!

Klasien
March 29th, 2012, 05:17 AM
I got up early this morning and of to the market. My favorite day of the week!
The fabric I got is yellow with tulips!! Tulips from Holland........;) Tulips are spring flowers!!
The cream has a little dot, looks nice with the yellow.
Hope I got the right stuff, so I can start and make a few blocks before my 10 days trip to the USA.......:)
The colors are a little brighter than the picture.

GrammaBabs
March 29th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Wonderful fabric..
Now i'm bummed that i can't use my big tulip fabric...but i have another bright pastel on the shelf, that i will use up... this picture is only half of the length across.. will post when i can get a picture of it... errands this am..
I just am NOT going to buy any more.... 18249

alwaysinmyroom
March 29th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I love tulips! Klaisen--sounds like a great trip to the USA! I enjoyed all of the beautiful tulips in Holland when I was a child...what part of the USA will you be visiting...10 days is not long enough to visit it all...ha ha...

pdjewelrylady1
March 29th, 2012, 02:30 PM
VERY FUN - i love tulips too - we had them everywhere in michigan but not in Florida ..... hey if you finished the blcoks while here would be so much less cash to mail them - just a thought! :D where are you visiting?

babs! wow that is some stash shelf! LOL - on the very top shelf center - what is the bright orange and green? You have plenty of neutrals! that is always a good thing - i try and add that to my stash room when ever i can!! never have too much neutral! :D

alwaysinmyroom
March 29th, 2012, 02:40 PM
grammababs--I am redoing my sewing room...I realized that I could use across the wall shelving like that to make use of every inch of wall space! Do you know if there is weight limit on them? I am guessing fabric is rather heavy but your shelves look like they are fine...I also like that you can use hangers on them...I could hang current quilt tops...wow--my head is spinning with ideas from your space!

GrammaBabs
March 29th, 2012, 04:41 PM
That is FLEECE... one of these days i'll make hats for the craft fair!!!
VERY FUN - i love tulips too - we had them everywhere in michigan but not in Florida ..... hey if you finished the blcoks while here would be so much less cash to mail them - just a thought! :D where are you visiting?

babs! wow that is some stash shelf! LOL - on the very top shelf center - what is the bright orange and green? You have plenty of neutrals! that is always a good thing - i try and add that to my stash room when ever i can!! never have too much neutral! :D

Klasien
March 29th, 2012, 05:32 PM

I'm leaving april 13th, so I think that is a little to soon to have all the blocks done.
My birthday is around the corner (50), Easter, my salon is very busy next week.......so it would be much less costs but I don't make it time wise.

Too bad!

gypsylady5
April 1st, 2012, 11:21 PM
Now, I am getting ready to start planning for this fun project. Mine will also probably be mostly from my precuts, but I might have to delve into my stash for all the pretty flowers. I am very excited to work on this swap will all of you during times I'm tired of working on my two graduation quilts I must finish before June. Ouch! That's a lot of sewing, huh, Suzi.

Good tute on You Tube. Ready to go!!!!

AngelaLashley
April 1st, 2012, 11:43 PM
Has anyone dropped out? Hoping there is still a spot left. If not, I'll catch the next one and just cheer everyone on during this one...

pdjewelrylady1
April 2nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
TODAY is the day to join or drop from the group :) YAY!!! we have 25 players commited to creating thier jacobs ladders and sending on or before June 9th :) LOVE it!! :D please be sure to check in on the groups page often - post pictures and have FUN!! :D

brittyboo07
April 2nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Valdosta, GA Since it ended up being a shorter trip i knew i would not have time to sew so I did not take it with me!

jingleme
April 2nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
Hi all.
I just stumbled across this tute, & even tho it isn't Jenny, it does have some great tips for assembling our blocks in a quick & easy way.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/06/floribunda-re-post.html

pdjewelrylady1
April 2nd, 2012, 04:49 PM
LOVE Bonnie Hunter! her techniques and patterns are fabulous !!!

note: if you watch this video - DO NOT follow her cutting directions as her block finishes at 9" !! :D AND her block is reversed from ours - her layout uses the yellow as the ladder - we want the flowered fabric to create the ladder for this swap!!! Look closely at my block and you will see the difference...... right? right!! :)

DO watch how she teaches how to "spin" the seams in the center of the 4 patchs - this is an awesome technique that i myself am working on perfecting! :D

jingleme
April 2nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
Sorry if I caused unnecessary confusion. I just thot that her assembly line construction & ironing tips made this so much easier.

pdjewelrylady1
April 2nd, 2012, 10:56 PM
no confusion! just noted differences :) in my directions on the group i talk about chain piecing the 4 patch units ... that is what i am talking about - stitching them in this same assembly line construction fashion! :D it is Bonnie's quiltville website and her techniques that taught me that way of doing it :)

* Another really fabuolus thing i have learned from her is "leaders & enders" ....... whooohoooo no more snipping threads and having them all over the floor!! LOVE THAT!! :D

mandymae
April 3rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
Valdosta, GA Since it ended up being a shorter trip i knew i would not have time to sew so I did not take it with me!

That's where I live Britt
Hope you had a nice trip down in my neck of the woods :)

mrsg730
April 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Too bad:( you reached your cap. I've never done one of these and with my recently improved cutting and 1/4 inch seam skills I think I really could have done it. I'll keep my eyes open for the next one.

pdjewelrylady1
April 3rd, 2012, 03:31 PM
hi Evelyn - go ahead and send the groups join request so i will know to contact you if a player does drop out early. :) not that i want anyone to drop out!! lol ;)

NanaB - please contact be directly and or check in on the group thread. - thanks

GrammaBabs
April 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
no confusion here... just a super way to make the center seams lie better.... !!!
if we follow carefully the directions for this block... we will all be just fine!!!!
Now i just gotta get going!!!!LOL

mrsg730
April 3rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Suzi

I joined like you said. I don't want anyone to drop out either but let me know if anyone does.

pdjewelrylady1
April 14th, 2012, 12:48 PM
cloudy, windy, rainy day here today - perfect for staying in and making a second set of jacob's ladders...... these are just so fun!! :D How is everyone else doing? please check in :D

Sharon G
April 14th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Nice looking block Suzi :) Am almost finished with my second set. Just got to finish piecing the rows and I'm done ready to sign.
Gotta fit it in between packing boxes for our move in 2 weeks. Selling a house, finding a rental property to move to while we build our new home is quite time consuming.
It's a really busy time for us but considering I don't sleep too much it's not so bad ;)

GrammaBabs
April 15th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Uh Oh,, gotta get the lead out of my A__..i've never done this and i am determined to follow thru.... thanks for the push...:)

Shannon
April 15th, 2012, 11:27 PM
You and me both Babs! This is my 3rd swap and I've never been this far behind already!

GrammaBabs
April 16th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Oh,, then you'll love my Mom's old saying...."The Hurrier I go, the Behinder I get!"""" :)

gotta go torture myself at Water Aerobics....I LOVE's me the water... if i could live in a bathing suit i would (not because i looks good, just HATE clothes...).... been the first thing i've committed to for excercise and it's doing something awful to my hips... so after that, a visit to the RA Doctor.... this Senior Citizen stuff is for the birds!!!! LOL
Have a good one... hugs B

Susan Long
April 17th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Well, I got my strips cut, now I need to put the 4-patch squares together. Still have to square up my HST, and sew the blocks together, but it's coming along. :-)

bkthomas
April 17th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Oh, this looks like sooo much fun!!! I hope to join in sometime in the near future - I will be on the look-out!!! Kathy

GrammaBabs
April 17th, 2012, 08:12 AM
OK ladies....
i'm bringing my "sewn strips" to quilt group today... hoping to press and cut.. for 4patch and the 5" squares from the 5" strips....That will help.... don't want to sew there,, i know one needs to use the same machine for all work... so that's the plan...
Will update later... I'm such a good girl today!!:)

alwaysinmyroom
April 17th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I got my fabrics cut and pinned so hopefully, now that tax season is OVER, I can concentrate on my sewing and garden!

I am having hip issues, too, but I am doing some exercises that seems to help...I am with you...getting older is sometimes not that fun, but we do what we can and it sure beats the alternative! :D

CAQuilter
April 18th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Was just telling my husband I needed to get going on these blocks today. The fabric is all cut so should go fast.

Deb

pdjewelrylady1
April 18th, 2012, 10:12 PM
sounds like there are lots of ladders being built!! LOVE that!! :D

Sharon G
April 19th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Think I've invented a new block!!!! Is there such a thing as a 'wonky Jacob'???? (like wonky log cabin) LOL

My ladder is complete!!!! All 25 blocks ready to sign and post.

Now I will have lots of time to finish packing up the house to move next week, Oh, and sew for my dear brother, create a photo book for my DM and whatever else may come along.

Hope everyone is having as much fun as I am right now :)

brittyboo07
April 19th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I have been a busy little bee this morning! I cut my fabric, sewed my strips together, cut for the 4 patch, marked all my charms so after I finish lunch I'm headed to the machine to sew, sew sew!!!!!

I was cutting when the students came in this morning and they were Ms. Brittnye what are you doing? One of the girls came in and was like everyone move I want to see the fabric lol. Gotta love them!

brittyboo07
April 19th, 2012, 01:25 PM
oh yea while i am thinking about it what kind of pen do i need to sign the blocks?

GrammaBabs
April 19th, 2012, 01:44 PM
You guys are something.... Sharon,,, it's good you can now focus on the move.... good luck...amazing you signed up for this at this time...:)
I guess today will be the "charms"... not sure which is best... the "draw the line method" or the "press" and stitch either side...
Any comments or suggestions???

K. McEuen
April 19th, 2012, 03:35 PM
For the HST I usually draw the lines. It seems to go faster for me than trying to iron all those little pieces. (my unburned fingers thank me!)

GrammaBabs
April 19th, 2012, 03:38 PM
good point.... thanks...
i'm off to give this a try!

Sharon G
April 19th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Definitely avoid the burned fingers. I have been drawing the lines and the job is done really quick.

Anyone wanna help me load the truck next Saturday...my address is....... :)

GrammaBabs
April 20th, 2012, 08:12 AM
OK... so i tried drawing the line... where's the pencil.. not that one... gotta get that ruler right on the corners.. but wait allow for the pencil width... ugh.....LOL then tried the "press"... PRESS is my choice... I am so Jenny!!!! Left hand... points meet... Right hand apply iron.. sweep up and across.. DONE..no burns.... just quick work... I notice that when she sews, her stuff has those "little quirks" here and there (i think that's why i'm drawn to her)... honestly that could be ME talking and sewing... a lot of what she does, i've been doing for years, not knowing (or caring, i'm a free spirit) whether it's right or wrong... Part of why i'm doing this swap... just want to see if my FBTSOMP's technique will hold up in the real world of other quilters... Hope i don't ruin it for the rest,,, but if it's 12.5.. i figure i'm good.. LOL ...........I am so looking forward to getting all those different blocks... and signed to boot.. my home is full of things with meaning... someday i'll post a pic of an area of "stuff" and the little stories behind each item ..Makes my world!!!
Sharon,, where are you moving too.. is this a retirement choice... or just another adventure...:)

pdjewelrylady1
April 20th, 2012, 11:37 AM
YAY!! BABS!!! press for me too!! :D works great!! love the little "quirks"!! its what keeps it FUN :D

FBTSOMP's ?? oh my!! LOL

sharon - i will love to help you and then in a couple of months you can help me! ;)

GrammaBabs
April 20th, 2012, 12:46 PM
FLY BY THE SEAT OF MY PANTS....................FBTSOMP's :).

YAY!! BABS!!! press for me too!! :D works great!! love the little "quirks"!! its what keeps it FUN :D

FBTSOMP's ?? oh my!! LOL

sharon - i will love to help you and then in a couple of months you can help me! ;)

NanaB
April 20th, 2012, 04:07 PM
19543As someone who is NOT particular about precision, I am thrilled that my block is 12 1/2 inches!!!

GrammaBabs
April 20th, 2012, 05:33 PM
so now i need to know "what do we sign"?
just name, initials and state.... anything mandetory????

pdjewelrylady1
April 20th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Babs - check the group for these details.... i posted a pic of mine signed... :)

NanaB - nice test block - love love the pink flowers!! but the green birds do not work for the swap .... needs to be a nuetral without the print, more only a tone on tone. check the pictures posted on the groups homepage for a lookie see at the other ladies blocks.

yall are rockin' it!! great job :D

NanaB
April 20th, 2012, 10:23 PM
My thoughts exactly, Suzi. I didn't like the birds when I put them with the floral. A friend picked that fabric out for me. Too much going on for the block. But, that's what a 'prototype' is for, right?!

Becki

pdjewelrylady
April 20th, 2012, 10:27 PM
That's Right :D

grammakim04
April 21st, 2012, 12:42 AM
I finally started working on my blocks. I love them. I laid four of the blocks together and came up with a beautiful design. I'm really excited about receiving my batch of blocks back. I've attached a picture to show how my blocks are looking.

Sharon G
April 21st, 2012, 06:50 AM
Love the colours in your blocks Kim. Great job. This is going to be a great project when we swap our blocks :)

Babs, DH and I are building a place about 20mins north of where we are now. (Freeling, the home of McLeod's Daughters...an aussie TV drama)
Much quieter (country feel) and a bit more space.
We probably will retire there and not leave till we're in need of a nursing home or some such thing ;)
DH will have a bit longer to drive each day to work but it's not too far.

Suzi, I'm sure you would love to be helping me move next weekend...NOT. Where are you headed with your move.

GrammaBabs
April 21st, 2012, 03:08 PM
Sharon...that is too funny... We moved here to Oakpoint for our retirement.... and DH "doubled" his ride to work... didn't hear the end of that for quite a while... LOL Been here 9 yrs. now and he's finally "getting it".... he moved for me because of the pools and clubhouse... it's wonderful, you can do as much as you want or nothing at all.. Good job getting to the place you'll want to be when you retire... Life is meant to be good after all the hard work...
You can see my "digs" here at Oakpointhomes.com
Now back to my little sweat shop of JL's.... i pinned one block in front of the sewing area.. so i won't make a mistake... (i hope)... i'm a huge fan of "assembly line sewing"... ie.. my christmas ornaments in the albums... so i'm not new to this whole quantity thing...
I wondering how we acheive the look that grammakim has with each block being different.. or is there another scrappy way of doing it... just wondering...

pdjewelrylady1
April 21st, 2012, 03:50 PM
babs dear i am so glad to hear you are having fun with your jacobs ladders. i too am a huge fan of chain piecing (assembly line sewing) but really strongly suggest one at a time in piecing the blocks after creating your 4patchs and hsts.... you will thank me ;)

all 4 of Kims blocks are the same and are fabulous!! ... she created the larger diamond by turning each ladder to the left or right.... this is 16 of the ladders set 4 blocks by 4 blocks turned each way..... :) in the swap we are creating 25 of the ladders.... see the pattern?

GrammaBabs
April 21st, 2012, 08:29 PM
Oh,,, thanks for sending these pictures... i'm not good at "layout" and this will help a lot... i'm beginning to LOVE this block now!!!

grammakim04
April 21st, 2012, 09:46 PM
Love your quilt Suzi! With this particular block, there are alot of different patterns that you can use to set up your quilt, that is why I used 4 of my blocks when I posted my pictures, sorry for the confusion.

Kim

brittyboo07
April 21st, 2012, 10:57 PM
Suzi do we have anyone on the waiting list?

Shannon
April 22nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
love the alternate block lay out!! May have to use that one, thanks :)

brittyboo07
April 29th, 2012, 11:12 PM
OMG!!!! I did it!!!! I now have 12.5 block!!! The problem is my 4 patch and I still am not really sure what the problem is. I took them all apart and sewed smaller than 1/4" closer to 1/8". However each piece measured 2.5 so I do not know where the problem came into play and as long as I get 12.5 blocks now I dont care! However, I think that some 4 patch practice is in the future! So I am back to getting my blocks together ladies! Thanks for all the encouragement to get me back on track!

bkthomas
April 30th, 2012, 06:12 AM
OMG!!!! I did it!!!! I now have 12.5 block!!! The problem is my 4 patch and I still am not really sure what the problem is. I took them all apart and sewed smaller than 1/4" closer to 1/8". However each piece measured 2.5 so I do not know where the problem came into play and as long as I get 12.5 blocks now I dont care! However, I think that some 4 patch practice is in the future! So I am back to getting my blocks together ladies! Thanks for all the encouragement to get me back on track!

Yeah...that is good news!!!!

GrammaBabs
April 30th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Yeah Britty!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today i finish up and hope to get into the mail tomorrow...
i'm noticing my points are far from perfect, but to tell you the truth, i'm so darn pleased with myself,,, !!
I hope these are good enough to hang out with some of the better piecers here, but heck when doing something like this, i feel it's about the friendship commraderie... i'm excited to get 25 different blocks!!
Can't wait to get yours!!! It will be especially loved!!:)

brittyboo07
April 30th, 2012, 10:22 AM
awww thanks Babs!!! Once I have all of these done I will be sitting down to play around with and see what the heck my problem is! Maybe I should check my ruler maybe it off. Wouldn't that be something! Don't worry not all of my points are perfect either I usually have at least 1 or 2 that are a touch off :-) OH well who care right!

I am trying to think about what I want to do with them! I could make one large quilt but I have yet to make a large quilt. I also thought about splitting them up and making two lap quilts to either take to the nursing home or to donate at the hospital. I also thought about making a table runner with some of them. Who knows! The ideas are endless!

What is everyone thinking about doing with their blocks?

GrammaBabs
April 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM
My block go to the mail tomorrow!

I made a decision... i think the group is gonna hate me, and thought of enclosing a note with each block,,,but i'm just going to put it out here on the group forum and let the chips fall....

MY BLOCKS are all within or over or "close enough".... and i don't dare square them for fear of doing it wrong.. i NEVER do that,,, all my work is done by "making it work or making it up"... LOL... so i'm not touching them and hope that people can either put it on one of the ends,,, or leave it out..."fit it in or work it out", has always been my talent... (i'm special needs in this dept.) and i'm afraid i didn't think enough ahead about that...... :( i PROMISE not to join any more groups)... my style is so"artsy".. but i loved the idea of getting blocks from many different people and putting them all together...now i realize that might not fly with others... but hey, it's done... and i'm happy with them... so off they go as is...
It will be interesting to see what happens.. i hope i don't get too many people angry with me.. I'm praying the girls in this group are the "cool gals" i think they are....LOL........... i took it serious when she said.. "no quilt police"... LOL

K. McEuen
April 30th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I didn't get in on this swap, but in the others I've been in I've requested that people not square their blocks. It helps me if I have one that is a bit small that the next might be just that bit bigger and I can fit them together better. It's amazing how much just that tiny little extra bit of fabric can help in some places, and I can trim them if I need to.

Y'alls blocks will work out fine together.

GrammaBabs
April 30th, 2012, 03:50 PM
AWWWWWWWWW,, thanks for that.... i just wasn't thinking about how others may work... you may be right... heck, if something was way off , for me,, i'd just add a narrow sashing and call it a "new style block"... LOL
I didn't get in on this swap, but in the others I've been in I've requested that people not square their blocks. It helps me if I have one that is a bit small that the next might be just that bit bigger and I can fit them together better. It's amazing how much just that tiny little extra bit of fabric can help in some places, and I can trim them if I need to.

Y'alls blocks will work out fine together.

brittyboo07
April 30th, 2012, 04:40 PM
bags you better be in another swap! I am not going to square mine up either. I can't wait to see them all!!!!

K. McEuen
April 30th, 2012, 04:51 PM
*snicker*

You called her Bags. Britt, I have more fun with your typos!

grammakim04
May 1st, 2012, 02:08 AM
I've been involved with a few of the swaps now. I donate my quilts to charity. I love doing the blocks for the swaps but there is only so many quilts to have around the house, so when I put these quilts together, they are designated to certain charities. One is for an organization that is building homes for orphaned children in Guatemaela, Project Somos hopes to have a quilt for each child that comes to live in their Children's Village. My sister in law volunteers at our local small town hospital and senior housing centre and she loves to have a supply of quilts available to welcome a new resident. Makes the transition a little easier. when they move into the Senior Centre.

It always amazes me that there is so many places who treasure the donation of a handmade quilt.

Laura F
May 1st, 2012, 02:13 AM
I'm not squaring mine up either. My thought is.... leave mine alone so people can fit them in if needed. I need to get mine finished and can't wait to get our new blocks.

bags you better be in another swap! I am not going to square mine up either. I can't wait to see them all!!!!

Sharon G
May 1st, 2012, 08:12 AM
This ole swap is hummin' along here. I've just popped in to catch up in between unpacking and sorting at the new house.

WTG Britt!!!! I knew you could do it!!! Can't wait to see these darned blocks LOL
Babs, (Bags...hehehe) no need to square your blocks (I didn't). That way we can all fit the blocks in our projects as we see fit!

Hope to be back online with you all soon. I am suffering terrible withdrawals not being able to get in here often. :)

GrammaBabs
May 1st, 2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks all for the words of encouragement... BAGS!!!! Has someone been peeking when i get dressed????LOL

I'm well into that portion of life...JUNE is Medicare month for me!!! Yippee or crappy, not sure which,,, DH is having so much trouble trying to explain to me, "which drug to switch to which, because of plan change.. how many..then we can re-evaluate in Jan or some such.. for the best plan for us after finding out...(i just glaze over!!!)...
He takes good care of me that way... fills all my pills.. etc..but he's the good looking guy that all the ladies "wish they had" can do anything.. but like i tell them... you should live with Mr. control freak!!!! LOL
(I'm the one falling apart the fastest.. hehehe)... he's a bit of a "crank",,,I found out a short while back how much he loves me.. almost lost me, so "the real Mr. Bill stood up"... he's the kind of guy that will bark at ya'.. for something stupid..then walk over hot coals when it counts..... we're a team, hitched at the hip... he wants for nothing in the food and congeniatlity dept... i love to cook,, watch what he likes on tv.. and i have never put gas in my tank or paid a "house bill"...
Growing older has been hard work, but we're at the fun part.. (our fun is simple)...My 2 kids.. are the best kids anyone could have,, they've had their struggles, but made it thru..on their own..

So Bags is a riot!!!! That's why i do water aerobics... the jiggle doesn't hurt so much... LOL
Quilt group today... JL's go into the mail tomorrow..Have a good one all!!!
ps. i almost feel silly hitting" post quick reply",, don't think i'm capable of that!!!!!:)

brittyboo07
May 1st, 2012, 09:09 AM
LOL you know sometimes I really do HATE auto correct!

GrammaBabs
May 1st, 2012, 10:19 AM
oooooooooonever used that... it could be a problem...LOL
by now people must know,,, i don't let that stuff bother me at all
used to be the 2nd fastest typeist in high school... with transcription of A from Shorthand.. (back when they tok shorthand)... LOL
would NEVER let anything go out with a typo, and ALWAYS had proper punctuation. etc.... since the puter days... about 3 yrs ago,,having gotten all hooked up with this neat blog stuff and forums... i just let it all fly... people know what i'm saying and if they are worried about my spelling or punc... they don't get me at all..... !!!!! Love this place because most all here "get it"!!!!!!
Stay dry,,, (today it's raining.. my buddies called to say. they will be a little late... no surprise... they live together, sisters, and we all know, we don't have to rise and shine any more if we don't want to... NO PRESSURE her in retirement world at Oakpoint!!! :)
LOL you know sometimes I really do HATE auto correct!

pdjewelrylady
May 19th, 2012, 04:40 PM
3 weeks til SWAP DAY!! so looking forward to the FUN Happy Happy quilts we will be making with these Jacobs Ladders. I am thinking a happy fun beach blanket for myself :D yippppeeee!!

bkthomas
May 19th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Did you get someone to fill the empty spot? Sure wish I could have joined and Much Thanks again for asking!!! Look forward to seeing all your finished quilts!

NanaB
May 19th, 2012, 11:53 PM
I worked feverishly on my blocks before we left for vacation. One more day and mine should be in the mail. Tuesday after Memorial Day, that is. I didn't bring them with me on vacation since I worked on them on my 'home' machine and not the machine I travel with.

Klasien
May 21st, 2012, 02:16 PM
YEAHHHHH

My blocks are in the mail!
A small box with all my hard work in it, will start crossing the ocean tomorrow.
I liked working on the blocks, but now they are on their way over there I'm nervous.......the are not perfect and I've never done this before....couple of months ago I did not even know what a swap was.....:)
So now they are on their way,and my house is almost ready for the return of my daughter June 18th (after her highschool year), I can focus on next weekend.........

I'll attending 2 Bruce Springsteen concerts (for one show I have front row tickets!!).........beside quilting is The Boss my other addiction.....oh and just in case you might wonder: my DH is fine with it ;)
So it is Boss time and a little less quilt time for me the coming up days!!!

Here are my blocks.......

Carolve
May 21st, 2012, 05:09 PM
I hope all you ladies are going to take pics of the blocks you get and post them here...Love to see what you all done. Maybe one of these days I might have time to join one these swaps. It sure sounds like fun.

Monique
May 21st, 2012, 05:58 PM
Carol you will just have to jump in the next one. I was very nervous the first time. But it really is such a blast.

Blocks are done, ready to be mailed tomorrow. WOOHOO!! Britt, I redid mine using a scant 1/4" AND never really did the squaring up of the blocks but when I measured the hst and the 4 patch, they were all off. So I squared them ALL and the block came out to 12.5. I really did not get the whole squaring up thing before this, until I measured all those little squares. A lesson learned.

My blocks are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but these swaps are so much fun. I can then show off all the blocks and where they came from. Thank God there are no quilt police.

I can't wait to get them all back. Regardless of what you think, THEY ARE ALL PERFECT in my book.

Sharon G
May 22nd, 2012, 02:23 AM
Beginning to countdown the days. Getting a little excited as the end draws closer :)

You have all been very busy bees and I too can't wait to see what everyone does with these gorgeous blocks.
I also am glad there are no quilt police. Perhaps there are quite a few of us who either are inexperienced and lack the skills or we are just too darned fussy about things ;)
The imperfections in our quilting is proof that they are made with love BY HAND!!!!!

PS Loving the pics you have all been posting here!

Shirley
May 22nd, 2012, 08:27 AM
LOve the quilt! Nice job.

pdjewelrylady1
May 22nd, 2012, 10:51 AM
going to see the Boss!! How super cool is that!?!! WHOOOOOOHOOOOO :D

i will be watching for the fun yellow tulips and the others to arrive and will be sure to let you know right away when they do. several packages are already here and i have let my mail lady know to watch for them - she enjoys the ones i open and show her! :) They are ALL perfectly wonderful!! :)

@Carolve - after the swap is completed I will open the group and everyone will beable to join and look thru all of the pictures and notes. These blocks have been really FUN and I look forward to swap day!! :D

brittyboo07
May 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
HAHA Karen me too!!!! I must think to fast for my typing or type to fast for my thinking lol. You would never know that I am a teacher huh haha!!!!

brittyboo07
May 22nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
LOL Monique you certainly belong in my club!!!! I will be excited to get mine finished lol I have about 10 left and hope to knock them out this weekend and get in the mail on Tuesday!

Klasien
May 22nd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Carol you will just have to jump in the next one. I was very nervous the first time. But it really is such a blast.

Blocks are done, ready to be mailed tomorrow. WOOHOO!! Britt, I redid mine using a scant 1/4" AND never really did the squaring up of the blocks but when I measured the hst and the 4 patch, they were all off. So I squared them ALL and the block came out to 12.5. I really did not get the whole squaring up thing before this, until I measured all those little squares. A lesson learned.

My blocks are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but these swaps are so much fun. I can then show off all the blocks and where they came from. Thank God there are no quilt police.

I can't wait to get them all back. Regardless of what you think, THEY ARE ALL PERFECT in my book.

Thanks Monique for posting this.....I am SO glad that I'm not the only one who is VERY nervous at her first swap!!!!!!!

Monique
May 22nd, 2012, 09:46 PM
I think the thrill for me is having a little piece of all of you in the swap. You have no idea how many people I brag to about you all. LOL!!

I tell people this is my on-line quilt group.

brittyboo07
May 23rd, 2012, 12:39 AM
I saw the same thing!!!!

pdjewelrylady
May 25th, 2012, 11:00 AM
LOVING these blocks !! they are SO happy and FUN!! looking forward to swap day!! whoooohooooo!!! :)

love them so much that I have created a second swap group to make the "reversed" ladders. they are just so happy and fun and when pieced with the springs will make an awesome queen size quilt top!! YAY! :) Please join the group and have fun making reversed Jacobs Ladder blocks - they are super fast and easy following Jenny's tutorial!! (for these remember her red is our neutral and her white is our happy flowers) group capped at 25 so jump on in - no quilt police - :)

pdjewelrylady1
June 4th, 2012, 05:04 PM
WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!! 15 of the 25 packages of ladders have arrived!! They are ALL so HaPpY and FUN!! Swap day is almost here!! Looking forward to playing with these blocks for sure :D

Still time to join the Reversed Ladder swap to compliment these - check it out on the groups :)

pdjewelrylady
June 12th, 2012, 12:49 PM
WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!! 21 of the 25 packages of ladders have arrived!! :D !!

They are ALL so HaPpY and FUN!! Swap day is almost here!! Looking forward to playing with these blocks for sure !!

Still time to join the Reversed Ladder swap to compliment these - check it out on the groups :)

GrammaBabs
June 12th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Suzi... just wanted to add a big thank you for all you do.... your "quote" on your avatar is so very appropriate for you... you certainly do encourage... hopefully we encourage you as well!!!!!!
Your swaps show your diligence in these efforts, i know it take a lost of time to do such a good job... Again,,, I thank you!!!:) hugs Barbara

bkthomas
June 12th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I will add a BIG THANKS here also as I have joined the reversed swap! Thank You Suzi for all you do for us, we appreciate your enthusiasim (sp?) !!!!

Monique
June 12th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I will 3rd those sentiments. And I too joined in the reverse swap. Suzi, you are just the best.

pdjewelrylady
June 16th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks Ladies - I really enjoy hosting the swaps - gives me something fun to do. :D

has anyone heard from or know how to get in touch with Britteyboo? she is MIA and going to miss swap day :( need to hear from her.......

NanaB
June 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM
I've not seen anything of Britt in quite some time. She went MIA a few months ago as well. Hope everything is OK with her.

GrammaBabs
June 16th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Oh Britty Boo.... where are You!!!!!
Hope all is well,,,, i told her that her JL's will fit into our quilt no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

pdjewelrylady
June 25th, 2012, 11:24 PM
:icon_woohoo:WhooooHoooo swapping is complete and the packages are ready ready to go to the post office :icon_woohoo:

just had to play with them so pieced these together and when completed with binding and backing will be our MSQC Donation Quilt to The DeLand Womens Shelter.
Thank you everyone that played!! :D I so much Love hosting the swaps here and meeting each of you :icon_hug:

Sharon G
June 25th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Great job Suzi!!!!!
We all love to play and appreciate your running the swaps. I just wish the postage wasn't so expensive for me to participate.
I will definitely join another swap when I have more $$$$ to spare. (Who knew building a house could suck the $$$$ right out of you LOL)

Looking forward to my blocks arriving. Getting excited now!
(((HUGS)))

Laura F
June 26th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Thank you sooooooooo verymuch Suzi. I love your quilt. I have to admit I looked for my block. :-) I can't wait to get them. Do you think they will be here before July 17th? I will be leaving for about a month. I also joined the reverse Jacob's Ladder and will send them out before I leave on my trip. Thank you again, I know it must be a lot of work, but fun to play with the blocks. :-)

GrammaBabs
June 26th, 2012, 10:27 AM
WOW... that is something... how nice your donating.. a little piece of us all!!!!
Can't wait to get mine... i'm a scrap lover.. so this is going to be fantastic....

pdjewelrylady
June 26th, 2012, 03:51 PM
got out the BIG umbrella today and made our way to the post office to get these sent out - the main post office is closed due to the rain, flooded parking lot and a leaky roof in the main sorting area so we went and tried making it to the smaller post office just outside of town - nope - road is blocked by a fallen tree and about 6 - 8" of standing water. :( Headed back home and just in time too!! the rain just doesnt want to let up for long enough to soak into the ground and so is making big pools and lakes everywhere. going to be needing a raft - or a gondola soon!! :)

The gators are enjoying it! I have a friend that said she had 2 of them in her swimming pool today! and she sent a picture of a huge giant water snake crossing her yard!!! YIKESSSSSSSS!!!!! Of course she does live on a lake even when it is not raining!! ;) Wish there was a way to reroute this rain to NM, CA, CO and soak out those fires. I feel so bad for everyone out west caught in that horribleness!

pdjewelrylady
June 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM
break in the rain ......... putting on our raingear and here we go ................ wish us luck!! hahahaha

brittyboo07
June 26th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Oh MY!!!!! I am so glad I do not live in Florida lol. Yall be careful!

GrammaBabs
June 26th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Suzi..... it's been so long since i sent you the blocks.... I just thought of something... i don't think i sent you any mailing money.... do you need it... i can't remember the deal with this swap... please let me know... i'll send a check right away...Barbara

pdjewelrylady
June 26th, 2012, 10:21 PM
OK - on the way around the world! we all owe my husband a big round of happy !! I think he actually had fun getting these to the post office and telling the ladies at the counter about the whole swap process and how important our little packages are! :D

NanaB
June 26th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Suzi, that donation quilt is to die for. Love, love, love it! I know it will be appreciated. Thanks for putting that together in our 'honor'.

GrammaBabs
June 27th, 2012, 12:19 AM
What a guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks DH!!!

Sharon G
June 27th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Many thanks to DH !!!! You're a legend :)

Sure glad you got out and back OK. We had some rather wild weather here in Adelaide last week. The winds were bad enough to snap a tree in the backyard here, but of course there were worse things happening elsewhere.

Very excited that our packages are on their way. :icon_hi:

pdjewelrylady
July 2nd, 2012, 02:29 PM
SO excited the blocks are starting to arrive! YIPPPPEEEEEE :) looking forward to seeing what yall do with them - be sure to post us a pic :D

Laura F
July 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Hi Suzi, Did you go a head and send my package to me or are you waiting until I get back from our vacation? Just wondering, so if I know to look for it. :-) Thank you again for all your loving work you put into this swap.

SO excited the blocks are starting to arrive! YIPPPPEEEEEE :) looking forward to seeing what yall do with them - be sure to post us a pic :D

pdjewelrylady
July 2nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
hi Laura - yep - yours was sent with the others :) YAY! should have them any day :)

Laura F
July 2nd, 2012, 11:16 PM
Thank you, I can't wait to see them all. I know they are beautiful!!

GrammaBabs
July 5th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Sooooo,,, i brought my package with me to the pool yesterday.... we all sat and had fun looking at the blocks.. and where they are from... When i got to my block.. my friend MJ,, pipes up and says..."Eeww.... i don't like that one...i turned and said .... hey that's mine!!!!!! Her face dropped and she said.... "sorry"...LOL
I told her it was ok.... i did this swap to use up some colors that i would not normally use!!!! Too funny....then we all laughed...
I can't wait to put all these together.... i love scrappy and the meaning behind this quilt...
My buddies (non of which quilt or sew or do anything).... can't understand how this is going to work... "ALL BEING DIFFERENT"....lol
Now do you see why i'm so glued to this forum!!!!!heheheheheheh

pdjewelrylady
July 24th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Every one should have recvd back your swapped blocks by now - quick reminder to post pictures of your projects on the group home page so they will be saved there for future viewing pleasure ;) love you my quilty friends!! thank you again for playing in the swap :D looking forward to the next one :D

Sharon G
July 24th, 2012, 10:43 PM
My package hasn't arrived yet Suzi but I'm sure it won't be far away.
Will let you know when they are here :icon_wave:

Sharon G
July 27th, 2012, 07:59 AM
AND HERE THEY ARE!!!!!!!!! Woooooo Hoooooooooooo

I have so many beautiful blocks to play with now. Gotta get organised to make a spring throw for my couch.

Thanks to all who played along around the globe! You are awesome!

pdjewelrylady
July 27th, 2012, 12:41 PM
YAY!!!! Sharon! so glad they are there and that they are safe - now to piece them together and post a picture on the group so we can all lookie see what you doosie do!! I am waiting on the reversed ladder blocks to put mine all together - those are due to mail and swap soon - Yipppeeeee !!! :D :D :D I love swapping with yall - it makes my day! :D

GrammaBabs
August 15th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Just wanted to share my top put together... YES,,, i'm a bit of an "individualist"... I knew the minute i saw this block, that mine would be going "on the diagonal"... LOVE all the funky colors... This is all the blocks i got,, but have a plan for the bottom right... something with ME saying..."Quilt Forum Spring Floral Jacobs Ladder / 2012" and perhaps the forum names of us all.... Not thinking i want a border for this one.. now just gotta dig in the stash for the right backing....!! thanks girls.. this was such fun.. and i can see now.. that "it all works"... size wise.. i was really sweating that one...:0

Jean Sewing Machine
August 15th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Just wanted to share my top put together... YES,,, i'm a bit of an "individualist"... I knew the minute i saw this block, that mine would be going "on the diagonal"... LOVE all the funky colors... This is all the blocks i got,, but have a plan for the bottom right... something with ME saying..."Quilt Forum Spring Floral Jacobs Ladder / 2012" and perhaps the forum names of us all.... Not thinking i want a border for this one.. now just gotta dig in the stash for the right backing....!! thanks girls.. this was such fun.. and i can see now.. that "it all works"... size wise.. i was really sweating that one...:0

Purty! I didn't know how this was going to work out, but you sure did make it work out purty!

K. McEuen
August 15th, 2012, 06:53 PM

That looks great!

Is it weird that the blocks remind me of old time razor blades?

Sharon G
August 15th, 2012, 10:45 PM
WTG Babs! Your top looks great. :icon_tup:

I also like the look of this block on the diagonal. Not sure what I'm doing with mine just yet.

LOL @Karen...Not weird...It reminds me of razor blades also. ;)

alwaysinmyroom
August 15th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Grammababs--what a very interesting layout! I love it! It looks so cheery and bright...I hope to have time to get mine at least sewn together before my other quilt blocks arrive from the reverse Jacob's ladder swap! :D

Can't wait to see what our talented group does!

pdjewelrylady
August 16th, 2012, 01:18 PM
OH BABS!!! this turned out g r e a t !!!! love love love it!! and what a wonderful idea for the last corner block - perfect! :) please be sure to post the pic on the groups page toooooo so it will be there for always and always :) love to lookie see later at everyones finishes! :D

lol to karen - i agree with you - they do look like old razor blades! :)

i am waiting to put mine all togheter so i can add the reversed ladders to them .... swap day is almost here for those - YAY!

GrammaBabs
August 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Razor blades.... yep,,, kinda'....
Also like "rain coming down"...:lol:

alwaysinmyroom
August 16th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I forgot to mention that I also thought the last block idea was terrific! I would love to have a record of all of you lovely people in the swap forever on a quilt (of course, it will be your user names since most of the ones I got had no names on them at all! :( )

eeplants
September 3rd, 2012, 07:55 AM
Oh dear! I like the pattern, design, and the colors. Adorable masterpiece.

GrammaBabs
February 26th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Finally.... got the corner block done...i did not get all the names done,,, but i did ME the title and year done... the thread was a bit "funky".. but in true "GB use it up style"... yes, i'm sticking to it best i can.... this was a spool i've had a while, and figured,, use it.. it's lots of color... plus, i found a perfect home dec that i had about 6 yds of,,, and another piece of home dec that "went with"... so now to get it on the frame and get it done... :)
ps... if anyone wants the ME... i can convert to different formats i think... am willing to share !!!!

Klasien
February 26th, 2013, 07:21 PM
That label is just Wonderful!!!!
I still have to put my blocks together, some day I will be able to make a label as beautiful as this one (dreaming of a machine that can do that)

Your quilt. label and backing look perfect!!!

Shirley
February 26th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Love the label Grammababs! Also, if you're close to Cape Cod you must shop at the Christmas Tree Store. Love those shops.

GrammaBabs
February 27th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Closer than that... we have one in next town over Pembroke, Stoughton, and the main warehouse is right here in my town of Middleboro,,,,all that being said... i'm 65,, and stay out of there... i've so much "stuff" that i try not to be tempted to buy more...LOL... the "sewing room is bad enough to stop from overflowing"...:)
Walmart is about the only place i go.. we have 3 of those within 15/20 min... LOVE my location!!!
Love the label Grammababs! Also, if you're close to Cape Cod you must shop at the Christmas Tree Store. Love those shops.