• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunnyQLDmum
    Designer Diva
    • Aug 2011

Sold a snake, now I'm going shopping!!

I sold one of my pythons yesterday, a big boy by the name of Edgar, so today I'm going shopping for fabric and supplies. He was my snake, I paid for him and his cage, so my husband said that the money I made from selling him is also mine all mine to spend on what ever I want. Well, I got the latest spotlight (like your Joanns) catalogue yesterday and they are having a big sale starting today, so it's come just at the right time. While I don't plan on spending all the money (that would be crazy) I won't have to stick to a budget either. It's going to be fun
    Find my creations on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/tinabartondesigns
  • buckeyequilter
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Sold a snake, now I'm going shopping!!

Have fun shopping!!
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• K. McEuen
      Super Moderator
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2011

So I take it getting Edgar in his crate went better than expected? If he a reticulated python? That is the only kind I've ever dealt with that seemed to have an attitude problem most of the time.
      K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

• Mimis-quilts
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2011

Have fun spending your wad! Nothing like a little "fabric therapy" to make your day!
        LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

• sunnyQLDmum
          Designer Diva
          • Aug 2011

04122009(011).jpg04122009(007).jpg
          Karen, Edgar is a Centralian Python more commonly known in Australia as a Bredli. We don't have many privately kept reticulated pythons here, they are mostly in zoos. More importantly Edgar does not have normal colouring for his breed which make him special and worth more money. He will make very pretty babies in the next year or 2 with his new girlfriend Mimi.

Crating him was actually easier than expected. I went for a drive to the nursery to get some little herb plants for DS's little herb garden and when I came back he was in the crate and I just had to shut the door.
          Last edited by sunnyQLDmum; March 20, 2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Sandy Navas
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2010

You are going to miss Edgar. He's a beaut! My daughter used to have pythons and went to the local zoo with one around her neck - but they weren't amused and the zoo keeper asked her and her friends to leave. The next day she went back with her pet rat and they asked her not to come back . . .
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Gee, your snake is named after my father. While I have no fear of snakes ( trapped a copperhead that I found in my bathtub), can't say I'd like to cuddle up with on under one of my quilts! I prefer meowing furballs. But glad it worked out for you, and enjoy the shopping spree!

Comment

• brook
                Missouri Star
                • May 2011

I can't quite put quilters and snake pet owners in the same picture in my head...................Still trying. Nope, not there. : )
                :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

• Genny
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2011

[QUOTE=Sandy Navas;104662]You are going to miss Edgar. He's a beaut! My daughter used to have pythons and went to the local zoo with one around her neck - but they weren't amused and the zoo keeper asked her and her friends to leave. The next day she went back with her pet rat and they asked her not to come back . . .[/QUOTE

...lol...
                  TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

• phoots
                    Missouri Star
                    • Oct 2011

I'm sorry but I don't like reptiles of any kind. Or any type of bug. Shall I go on?? Love my kitties!!!!! Love my neighbor's dogs!!!!!!

Pam in Vegas
                    Pam in Vegas

Comment

• sunnyQLDmum
                      Designer Diva
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                      Gee, your snake is named after my father. While I have no fear of snakes ( trapped a copperhead that I found in my bathtub), can't say I'd like to cuddle up with on under one of my quilts! I prefer meowing furballs. But glad it worked out for you, and enjoy the shopping spree!
                      My little Stimsons python, named Stampy, likes nothing more than to snuggle on the lounge with me. When I got him as a baby he was a bit smaller than a pencil, now he fits in my hand.

Comment

• sunnyQLDmum
                        Designer Diva
                        • Aug 2011

So I spent a lot more money than I planned to, but it was all fabric for my market stall items so I don't think DH will mind. Got some great flannel fabrics in bright colours and thread was buy 2 get 1 free. I got heaps of bright kids prints and some really cute fabric with paper dolls print.

Comment

• wendyw1
                          The Guild President
                          • Jan 2011

Good for you sunny.... ENJOY !!
                          Wendy
                          A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
                          https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Comment

• Blondie
                            Missouri Star
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                            You are going to miss Edgar. He's a beaut! My daughter used to have pythons and went to the local zoo with one around her neck - but they weren't amused and the zoo keeper asked her and her friends to leave. The next day she went back with her pet rat and they asked her not to come back . . .
                            Sandy, she is after all her mother's daughter. Gotta love her style.
                            Sewing mends the soul.
                            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• Blondie
                              Missouri Star
                              • May 2010

Many years ago I had a small yellow boa named Killer. I enjoyed him immensely. At that time in my life I travelled weekly with a job and hated all the nosey housekeepers that would have to necessarily come into my hotel room. Once I obtained Killer, I never had a problem keeping them out and my belongings were never rifled through and/or pinched again.

Originally posted by sunnyQLDmum View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]17805[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17806[/ATTACH]
                              Karen, Edgar is a Centralian Python more commonly known in Australia as a Bredli. We don't have many privately kept reticulated pythons here, they are mostly in zoos. More importantly Edgar does not have normal colouring for his breed which make him special and worth more money. He will make very pretty babies in the next year or 2 with his new girlfriend Mimi.

Crating him was actually easier than expected. I went for a drive to the nursery to get some little herb plants for DS's little herb garden and when I came back he was in the crate and I just had to shut the door.
                              Sewing mends the soul.
                              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
                              X