PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tuesday - It's Spring

Blondie
March 20th, 2012, 07:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/sigs/cat-lovely-spring.jpg

Good Morning, folksies

Sure hope that everyone will be enjoying more of the lovely Spring weather that I've been having here in my little part of the world.
Today will be another day of some weeding, a bit of usual house work, a wee bit of sewing/crafting and also, need to go into the salon and do a lady who was under the weather over the weekend. Busy day that needs to get started as soon as I finish this cuppa and turn the computer off.

As I have mentioned previously, my computer is really dotty and is suffering from old age. She is pretty much a dinosaur in todays world of the WWW. She makes all sorts of racket if she is on for extended periods of time.

Texas sisters, hold on to your hats, I hear that some wild weather is headed your way. Prayers for safety.

If you haven't been keeping up with Angela's blog for Heaven, you can check it out here:
http://thecoblerscorner.blogspot.com/
I know everyone is keeping our girls in prayer.

Enjoy the day and smile!

MRoy
March 20th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Good Morning! Spring has definitely sprung here....redbuds, tulips, azaleas are all blooming beautifully. Pollen is high and so are allergies....sniff and sneeze over and over!

Praying for those in need of help and wishing all a great day!

buckeyequilter
March 20th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Good morning....

Yes...spring is here! My daffodils and crocuses are in bloom and haven't been frostbitten :) Haven't seen any tulips yet but hopefully they'll make an appearance soon. Saw some beautiful blooming trees when I made a run to the fabric store last night.

Have a busy day at work and then going to work on DH's quilt tonight.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and prayers for those in need.

Monique
March 20th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Good morning everyone. Spring has come upon us much too soon. Temps here have been in the 20C+. By the weekend, it will be much cooler and what the temps should be at this time of year.

I got home yesterday and hubby had started to clean out the back room (junk room), so I helped him. I did not want him to throw anything out that was good. No sewing :(

Today I also have a dentist appointment. Oh yeah. It is just a cleaning.

Sewing today? Maybe!

Have a wonderful day.

debinmalaga
March 20th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Good morning quilty friends! It's a drizzly day here in NJ but the temps are high and the flowers look beautiful, daffodils are smiling and hyacinths smell so nice when I walk through the front yard. Not in to work until noon, so making phone calls and web inquiries all morning into the moving company possibilities - BF has tons of automotive equipment to move, which is going to be problematic and expensive should the big move take place... everything is still up in the air, so I'm a wee bit anxious. The next few weeks will answer a lot of questions.

Got all my blocks done for the Floral Breeze quilt, started on the sashing last night. I'll be ready to buy batting and sandwich it this weekend, possibly get the trickiest part of the quilting done in the very middle. It's been a couple of years since I quilted a bed sized quilt, so I know I'll have my hands full!

Wishing everyone a lovely first day of spring! Monique, don't bite the dentist! :)

Cathy F
March 20th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Good morning all!

Yes, today is definetly going to be another nice day here too. My flowers are poking their heads up so I've got to get out there and do some cleaning up of the garden beds, and the fish in the pond are up swimming around looking for a bit of food after the winter sleep.

Have some errands to run this morning then maybe I'll get around to the embroidery machine and the project I'm supposed to be working on but have neglected :(

Hope everyone has a good day!

CrazyMtnLady
March 20th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Good Morning. Spring is coming in full of "Liquid" Sunshine here in the Ozarks. It rain a bit yesterday, most of the bad weather stayed to the west of us. Today and every day this week is calling for rain. UGH!

DH looked at my sewing machine yesterday, "What's this for?" "What's this do?" and then.. we can take it to Springfield tomorrow and see if we can get it fixed! He also said I can get a walking foot!. He did really well at the gun show over the weekend, so we have a little extra money. I want to get a few other things also. But we will see. That is if we even go today. He wasn't feeling to well last night and hurting so he took his pain medication and I KNOW how that makes him feel the next day. So Springfield may have to wait till tomorrow.

We should have kittens hiding somewhere around the house but I have not had any luck in following Ava to see where she goes after coming up to eat. She had to have had them on Saturday afternoon. When it isn't raining I will try and keep an eye out, and an ear out to see if I can locate them. I have a neighbor that wants a couple kittens for catching mice and another neighbor that said she would take Ava after the kittens are weaned.

Have a great day. Prayers to Emily and Heaven and Mr & Mrs Daisy. And prayers to all in need. May God Bless you.

Sandy Navas
March 20th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Gotta run and pick up Michelle (who will be 10 on Saturday). She is coming over to sew her own quilt for her birthday American Girl doll. She's so excited.

Hugs and special prayers . . .

bakermom
March 20th, 2012, 12:33 PM
nice and Spring-like here today, too. My crocus have been blooming and now the daffodilsareopening. i can see the start of buds ot the roses and a few other things. We have gone on some nice long walks enjoying the warm days.
The whole allergy thing has been playing havoc with many people I know. I think I'm the only one at work not taking something for allergies.

Divine Daisy
March 20th, 2012, 12:43 PM
The spring equinox is March 21st and is officially the first day of spring. As it is also my Mother's birthday I am sticking to that lol. I wont be able to see her...........the care home has a bug going around at the moment which I dont dare come into contact with either for myself or to bring it back to Mr Daisy with his next round of treatment beginning on monday. Also I can't seem to find enough energy to drive 3 hours each way, so I sent her some flowers, a card and our love. She wont know its her birthday anyway bless her so.............I hope she would forgive me if she did know.

Eldest daughter Heather took me by suprise when she saw the photo of the tartan quilt and Seamus...........she liked the quilt and claimed it there and then. I didnt argue........I am liking it less the more I look at it so......yep she can have it lol. It was intended for a raffle at Mam's care home because I thought maybe the men might like it too but I will make something else for that.

The sun is out and I saw the first flower shoots showing in my wild flower meadow. I am putting in more medow in a couple of weeks once the chance of frost has lessoned.

middlesis1966
March 20th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Happy Spring everyone! I am so excited for spring this year. Last year wasn't my finest spring but this one will make up for it. Plan on picking up some seeds and plant away this year. Dont know just yet what Im gonna do, but it'll come to me once I am in front of all the seed packets. Plus it also depends on what is left in the stores to buy. My yard is gonna need some major TLC that it didn't get last year. Have a fun filled day all!

toggpine
March 20th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Hi Everyone!
I finally got around to getting in here! Again, thanks for the B-day wishes, you all are super!
Deb, I swiped that penguin/seal photo from a post on FB. It just makes me laugh. Even nature has it's smart-alecks!

A goat "pedicure" involves a leather glove, a pair of hoof shears that look a lot like a cross between rose pruners and pointy, thread-snipping scissors, a goat, the milking stanchion, some grain, sometimes a little bit of cursing, a carrot slice or three, and when I am all done for the day, a hot shower and a Tylenol. I wish it was more like a day at the spa!

I have the meeting minutes to type up & e-mail out, and then I can do a bit of guilt-free sewing! Yea!

I found some "vintage" quilting magazines at the library last night. They have a section of books, videos, & magazines that have been donated by patrons that are resold at super-cheap prices to benefit the library. The magazines are 10 each! The only problem is I found a pattern that I would like to make and it is in a series. I just grabbed a few based on the cover photos (dumb, I know), so now I have to try to track down the rest of the birds. I can figure out the rest of the quilt from the photo, but I really want the applique patterns. I guess I'll go online and see if I can find it. It is funny to see the color combos & fashions that were popular, even in 1996.
The weather here is crappy. I think the memo that spring is arriving has skipped western Washington. I am watching hail and rain mixed with some soggy snowflakes being driven in to my window by some nice wind gusts. Ugh.
Well, I had better sign off of here and get on with it, or my sewing time will be all gone!
Hugs to my quilty family! Cath

rebeccas-sewing
March 20th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks for filling us in on the goats' spa day. I had to laugh at the cursing and the tylenol!