PDA

View Full Version : Hey! It's Monday!

toggpine
March 19th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Happy Monday!

Thank you all for the kind birthday wishes. It was very heart warming. I love the fact that we have all made such great friends here.

I have paperwork to finish off early, and the goat girls are in a need of pedicures in the worst way. So that will fill the rest of the morning. Then I really should make a play date with the vacuum and dusting cloth. I know our Ms. Sandy frowns on that, but when the fir needles mount an assault on your socks, it is time. By then it should be about time for the Little Miss Priss to be getting home on the bus. Now that we are 6, the bus is not scary any more. It is a great adventure to be savored.

It sounds like we all have some strange weather this March. So stay dry, cool, warm, but most of all safe!

Off to get a few more stitches in before I call it quits and get on with other things!!

I hope you all have a marvelous Monday!
Hugs, Cathy

rebeccas-sewing
March 19th, 2012, 06:40 AM
How do you give a goat a pedicure! Of course, I'm picturing them all sitting with there tootsies in a tub of water reading "Farm Life" magazine. Happy belated birthday, somehow I missed that it was your big day! Hope it was a good one.

Bubby
March 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I also missed knowing it was your birthday yesterday....Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! I hope you enjoyed your special day..Barb

middlesis1966
March 19th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Sorry I missed wishing you HAPPY BIRTHDAY, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you got to spend your day the way you wanted. I love how you just wanted you time and nothing else. That in itself with a family to take care of sometimes is more of a gift then anything.

Blondie
March 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
First of all let me say a belated happy birthday to our Cathy!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj49/Serendipity133/My%20Photos/sassy-happy-birthday.jpg
Rebecca, what a giggle! I understand the basics of goat pedicures, however, I will leave that to our resident goat lady and expert, Cathy to explain. I haven't had goats in years and years.

Now I am ready for some generalized Monday morning hellos~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/sigs/36451078203563325_rOkRb0Hg_f.jpg

I am thinking our toggpine is not the only one to enjoy the weekend. I sure did and have the sore muscles to prove it. We raked and pulled and mowed like driven people. The yard looks so much better right at this minute. We also had a few passing showers. I understand this week will be just as nice as last week - just so you remember old friends, or need to know, new ones - come gardening time I am mostly MIA. We have some big plans this spring and summer. It seems as if the entire small clan hereabouts wants to have a family garden plot. Which is wonderful news. We are getting an old friend to turn over some fresh spot and it will take a lot of elbow grease and back ache to get it going. Since most of the folks joining in are first timers, it will be a fun way to teach them how to garden.

Last night, sis and I went over to DD's for the series finale of The Walking Dead and then we (sis and i) stayed up later than that just for fun. I didn't want to get up this morning. I don't know if there are other Walker fans on this group but it has been a strange addiction for me. LOL. I am enthralled by this show and the dynamics. Not a fan of gore, but, heckfire it is about zombies. They do a great job on the make up.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

debinmalaga
March 19th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Good morning, all! It's another beautiful day here in NJ, I'm off to work until six tonight, but that doesn't seem so bad now that it's light past seven at night. It's going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark that makes winter hard on so many of us, me included. Anyway, happy last day of "winter", eh?

And Cathy, I LOVE the picture!!!

Monique
Good morning everyone.

Ahhhh, the weather. It is especially warm here and I hung laundry outside for the first time this year. My God does it smell good. I think today I will do the sheets.

I did nothing much yesterday. It was one of those days that you don't t know what to do with yourself. I wasn't feeling well, bloated and then I got a migraine. It has been a while since I had those.

Work today and then getting caught up on STUFF!!

Have a wonderful day.

Cathy, sorry I missed your special day.

Loonwatcher
Happy Belated Birthday. Sorry I missed it.

Love your photo; the seal poking his face into the shot is the best part...hehe!

I had a wonderful weekend. Visited 5 of the 14 LQS's on the shop hop. Hope to get the rest next weekend before it's over. Then we went to our camp on Lake Carmi for the rest of the weekend. Beautiful weather and no one else around. Got a good walk in. Hope that sets me onto a new habit that I need so badly.

Hope everyone has a great day!

buckeyequilter
March 19th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Good morning....

I'm curious about the goat pedicure too.

Had a nice, quiet week-end. The weather was beautiful with a small thunderstorm last night and today is supposed to be another gorgeous day in the 80's.

Still working on hubby's quilt. I pin a little then take a break, I forgot to look for a Kwik Clip so have to give the fingers a break. I need to get that on my list (that I will also forget when I go to the store).

Have a wonderful day !!!

Midaem
March 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Good morning! I wonder if that adorable doggie is yours Blondie? What a cutie!
Another great weather weekend here in Chicago. The trees are in bloom, and my daffodils and tulips are gloriously open. I can't bear to think what will happen to them if we have a return to snowy weather.
I had a quiet but pleasant weekend. Did a lot of billing from the home office, but luckily I made lots of time available for quilting. I have begun a quilt using Jenny's Garden of Eden. And I searched high and low on the Internet and was able to find and buy lots of the Eden fabric by Lila Tueller. I just love that fabric and was so afraid I'd never find any.
Have a safe and lovely day. Joan

CrazyMtnLady
March 19th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Good morning. Happy Belated birthday toggpine.

I don't know about trying to give a goat a pedicure. I know sometimes it's not easy working on the horses hooves so I can't imagine trying to work with a goat.

We are in for some nasty, rainy weather today. Actually it is suppose to rain all week.

Cathy F
March 19th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Cathy, Sorry I missed your birthday, belated birthday wishes. I hope it was a good day for you!

Had to chuckle at Rebecca's post about the manicure it was quite an image she put in my head.

Sandy Navas
March 19th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Good Morning! I chuckling at all the comments about the goats. I love goats, sheep, four-legged animals all. Love the pup in Blondie's picture - reminds me of my DeeOGee - give the dog a bone. We have a great time with him since I found the "road-kill possum and skunk" at Sam's club. He thinks they are the bestest toys ever.

I am ashamed to say that Megan beat me to it. She has both her quilts for our special little girls all quilted and bound, laundered and ready to ship. I procrastinated about sandwiching the Daisy's quilt (actually wanted Al to help me and he was on the computer ALL DAY LONG yesterday). I decided to do a paper-pieced snowman for the retiring president of our local quilt guild and just got all the fabric picked and my first seam done when the telephone rang. Our Emily, the planner, negotiator, life analyst, called and begged to come over and make a doll quilt for her birthday present (not for a couple weeks off - but she knows she's getting a new American Girl Doll from Nana and Papa). What is a Nana to do? So, we spent all afternoon on a quilt (she did embroidered hearts on one piece with lace around the edge) a D9P (Nana likes that block) . . . and I wound up finishing it for her. It came time to go home and she had another project in mind . . . a stuffed pillow with her new doll's name embroidered on it . . . oh, and can we do this intricate flower to the side? I do have to tell you that her original request with Momma was could she come to Nana's house and make a present for her older sister whose BD is this coming week-end. Kids! Gotta love them.

I did manage to go back to the sewing room after taking Em home and finished the snowman - I'll post a picture in my albums later today. I also have a bunch of stuff gathered down there, waiting for Al to decide he has time to help me out, to take to the thrift store. I decided the off-brand sewing machines were taking too much space and there was no reason to keep them if the kids had trouble with them every time they tried to use them. So three older machines (NOT MY SINGERS) are being donated, along with a couple swivel chairs and a desk that we cut a spot in for one of the machines. And, since I wasn't happy with the performance of the little, extra quilting frame that Sis and I got when we bought our quilting machine, I advertised it and sold it within 24 hours. Now, though, I have to take it apart and package and ship it. Oh, vell!! At least I've freed up a lot of space and it will be much easier to navigate in my sewing room . . . I know, those who suffer with space restrictions are wondering what I'm complaining about.

So, I'm going to be enjoying whatever the day brings - supposed to start heavy rains this afternoon and we are under flash-flood warnings already. But I welcome SPRING and wish I had the gumption to at least get my front flower beds spruced up a bit. First things first. How did I ever work a 12 hour day???????????

With disbelief at the recent turn of events in the lives of our special children, I uplift prayers for their recovery and healing. And, others who have been stricken with illness and disabilities - the same. May good health find you with open arms. To those who face challenges - may you find peace. And happiness for everyone!! I'm giggling because it is a new day and I'm here!

LynneLeavell
March 19th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Cathy Happy Belated Birthday. I know what you mean about scheduling time with the vacuum cleaning and the dusting rags. We are havng my oldest grandson's fourth birthday party at the house next month. It will take me this long to get my sewing table cleaned off. I need to finish the quilt I'm working on so I don't lose pieces and parts and then I can really get serious on cleaning my area of the living room up. (My sewing area which my dining room table).

We are suppose to have nice hot weather again this week and no rain (at least not much). We have our local "Shop Hop" this weekend and I am sew sew sew (I know spelling not correct) ready for it. I am going this year with a theme and mission. I am looking for Dr. Seuz fat quarters or fabric. Nothing in particular. My next quilt is going to be "Just Can't Cut It" and I'm going to use the different fat quarters to do my blocks with. I have already started the collection so I'm hoping to finish it up. I guess I should look at sock monkey fat quarters as well since that was the main reason why I bought the pattern.

Oh well guess I had better get busy since I am at work and this is a short week for me. Every one stay warm, dry and well. Prayers going out for those that need it.

Lynne

cyndiofthevortex
March 19th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone,

Happy Birthday, Cathy! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Yesterday DH and I visited our the DGDs in Revere. One of the girls took her quilt out of the bag, wrapped it around her shoulders, twirled and said she was a princess! Her older sister looked in the bag and said, "Oh, it's just some blanket." We got a good laugh out of that! Our DD loved all three quilts and I felt so happy. And DD showed us the two Quilts of Valor that she and DSIL got because of their tours in Iraq - they were beautiful! Faith's was a scrap quilt filled with so many scraps I could not count them all. It is so beautiful.

Today I will do some gardening as it is as nice as can be here. I also took out a UFO I'm making for DS#5, all crazy jungle cats from Laurel Burch. I feel a bit out of sorts after working on the DGD's quilts and now they are done and at their homes! Sort of like finishing a good book.

I hope you all have days of peace and true happiness as we head into another week.

Cyndi

quiltingtrish
March 19th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hi all ~ back from Lancaster and my 4 days with 5 of us gals. We had fun, laughed, shopped, ooed and aweed over the fabrics and quilts in the show, saw the museum of 82 antique Amish quilts, and am looking forward to next year.

Happy Birthday Cathy!! Sorry I missed it, guess you will just have to celebrate again today.

Have wash in and think I'll be hitting the bed early. Stopped for my usual Sunday visit with my Dad and had a nice birthday dinner with him. We shared a piece of chocolate mousse cake that was free from the server.

I am trying to keep my eyes open and think it will be a quick dinner tonight. Need to put some purchases away this week and must not forget the taxes that need done.

Don't know if I'll get caught up on all the messages, but oh my, the news on the girls - prayers coming heavily for both of them. I can't imagine the roller coaster they are both on right now.

Well, better scoot - wash needs attended to and I need to get moving before DH finds me in this chair sound asleep talking about new projects needing done.

Hugs,