PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Sunday Morning Hellos

Blondie
March 18th, 2012, 09:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/goodmorning02.jpg

Hello Folksies

The sun is shining nicely, coffee smells sooooo good being perked and here I sit looking out my window at the day. The past few days when I have finished work at the salon, I have been working in the yard with hubs. We've made some good progress and plan on resting our sore muscles today. I didn't think I was that out of shape!! And I also have officially had my first tick of the season. I hate those buggers; told my Luscious Larry that the only good thing about ticks is the fun we used to have back in the day checking for them. Now with all the bumps and rolls on the bods, it is more like a game of hide and seek.

DD is really going wild over flower gardening at the minute. I keep reminding her it is MARCH and I don't think winter is quite done with us yet, even though the temps are extremely tempting. Oh, how I enjoy this time of year; warm days and cool evenings. Perfect for keeping windows open. The pollen is starting to let it's presence be known; I'll take a antihistamine and smile. There's always a trade off, right?

Blessings to all.

Monique
March 18th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Good morning Blondie. I can smell that coffee brewing.

It has been an extremely busy week with the granddaughter here. She is just about 9. I did manage to keep her pretty busy throughout the week and I have exhausted us in the process. She wanted to go home. HAHAHA!! We did do a lot this week and I think she had a good March break. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death, but am glad she is home. These are the joys of being grandparents. We get to take them back home!!!!

So needless to say, not a lot got accomplished this week. Hubs has been great this week. He looked after her in the mornings while I was at work. He also did all the dishes this week. What a treat!!

I need to get caught up on housework UGH! and laundry. Then it will be quilt time I think. I did bring back three chairs that I had taken to Phil, son #2. He never got around to fixing them, so they are back home for me to fix. That may be a project for the coming week while temps are high. I can do this outside.

It is nice to get caught up here. I will also need to get caught up on the BOM. I guess my middle name is 'caught up' this week. Have a wonderful day everyone.

cyndiofthevortex
March 18th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Good morning Blondie, Monique and to everyone coming along behind me!

I have a wonderful day planned! A visit with DD in Revere after going to church with her and her family. I'm delivering the quilts I made for my DGDs and can hardly wait to see those quilts wrapped around those cute little girls! We went overboard, as grandparents can do, adding lots of little gifts tucked inside the quilts.

I hope you all have a day full of peace and happiness. And warm weather if you can get it!

Cyndi

ginampls
March 18th, 2012, 09:54 AM
oo shutter ticks....i too hate thoughs buggers......

since i got mom the new dryer, it is my turn to try it out...but not just yet...later today.

my DD has been invited to a birthday party.. at Chuck E Cheese....my sister bought her a new dress. very nice.. and little white mary janes.....she looks great in it.. DD is so excited for the party. her first real invitation to a real party...i am pleased. they will even be picking her up from thehouse here.. so i will be doing laundry but i really am looking forward to it.

perhaps work on pouches. to get them sent to my SIL...she live out east. maybe even gather some numbers from sunday paper about 2 bedroom apt....just to see what it is gonna take money wise to get into our own place...just so i can create my plan.

well must dash off....

debinmalaga
March 18th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Good morning all! So nice to share my coffee with you ladies. Blondie, I had a tick on my neck a few years ago, and got a horrible infection - just makes my skin crawl to think of it!

Had a wonderful day yesterday, got a new car! We've been thinking of getting a Jeep Wrangler so I'd have a 4x4 for West Virginia (and nasty NJ winters). We had gone to Walmart for a few things, and were passing a car dealership afterwards. Lots of Wranglers lined up, Mike said "let's go look at them, just kicking tires, maybe do a test drive and make sure you even like how they feel" etc. etc. Well, they made us such a smokin' hot deal that we got one in "dozer yellow". It is sooo cute, I'm very excited!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday with some sewing in it somewhere. I'm working on the embroidery on my quilt kit - it's a kit from J's a few years ago, 12 block kits, a setting/sashing kit, and a backing/binding kit. I bought it when I was newer to quilting and kits appealed - and I must say it's nice to have all the fabrics assembled and cut and ready to go. This particular quilt has applique and embroidery on almost every block, and my embroidery isn't the best, but I'm getting it done. It's called "Floral Breeze" and is in lovely pastel blues, greens and yellows on white. Very springy and I'm planning to use it as the guest room quilt in WV.

rebeccas-sewing
March 18th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I haven't posted here in a while! I so enjoy what ya'll have to say that by the time I'm done I don't feel like posting. LOL
It's around 49 degrees F in London right now at 1:40 p.m. Today we need to get our behinds in gear, go out and get some exercise and experience another sightseeing event in London. Wellington's Arch is on the agenda. It'll be a walk by Buckingham Palace and on up to Hyde Park corner. For those of you unfamiliar with Wellington he defeated Napoleon at Waterloo. A pretty big deal in England's history. We toured his mansion awhile back. Very beautiful residence. It sits across from the Arch. I'm hoping to get some pretty pictures from up top when we climb the Arch.

My mother-in-law had a knee replacement just last week and seemingly recovering nicely. Probably doing way more than she should. She's very young at heart and she keeps forgetting she's not so young in body. Anyway, my SIL got a phone call in the early hours yesterday morning and ended up rushing MIL to emergency. She is having more problems with blockage in her intestines. Poor dear is very sick and miserable. Talk about adding insult to injury! Knee replacement and now this for heaven's sake. We're just waiting to see how the night was and if surgery will be required. I'm not usually the one asking for prayers but I guess Marion could use yours right now.

As to quilting, I'm working on some really pretty spring fabric. I'm sure many of you have used it or have it in your stash. MSQC Daily Deal - Garden Song by Nancy Halvorsen for Moda. So pretty, cheerful, and perfect for spring. Hopefully, I'll end up with a couple of table toppers and a runner to give for gifts. I'm making a basket block topper - so cute! The dresden plate runner is at the borders stage (never scrimp on fabric - boo boo - had to order more - waiting! Sheesh!) I think I'll do a 15" pineapple block for the 3rd gift and add some borders to it.

Oh, we have a young couple above us. They seem to be very much in love by the sounds we were hearing from their flat this morning! Joe and I just sit and giggle at the moaning. Hahahaha! Young love - ain't nothin' like it!!!

rebeccas-sewing
March 18th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I haven't posted here in a while! I so enjoy what ya'll have to say that by the time I'm done I don't feel like posting. LOL

It's around 49 degrees F in London right now at 1:40 p.m. Today we need to get our behinds in gear, go out and get some exercise and experience another sightseeing event in London. Wellington's Arch is on the agenda. It'll be a walk by Buckingham Palace and on up to Hyde Park corner. For those of you unfamiliar with Wellington he defeated Napoleon at Waterloo. A pretty big deal in England's history. We toured his mansion awhile back. Very beautiful residence. It sits across from the Arch. I'm hoping to get some pretty pictures from up top when we climb the Arch.

My mother-in-law had a knee replacement just last week and seemingly recovering nicely. Probably doing way more than she should. She's very young at heart and she keeps forgetting she's not so young in body. Anyway, my SIL got a phone call in the early hours yesterday morning and ended up rushing MIL to emergency. She is having more problems with blockage in her intestines. Poor dear is very sick and miserable. Talk about adding insult to injury! Knee replacement and now this for heaven's sake. We're just waiting to see how the night was and if surgery will be required. I'm not usually the one asking for prayers but I guess Marion could use yours right now.

As to quilting, I'm working on some really pretty spring fabric. I'm sure many of you have used it or have it in your stash. MSQC Daily Deal - Garden Song by Nancy Halvorsen for Moda. So pretty, cheerful, and perfect for spring. Hopefully, I'll end up with a couple of table toppers and a runner to give for gifts. I'm making a basket block topper - so cute! The dresden plate runner is at the borders stage (never scrimp on fabric - boo boo - had to order more - waiting! Sheesh!) I think I'll do a 15" pineapple block for the 3rd gift and add some borders to it.

Oh, we have a young couple above us. They seem to be very much in love by the sounds we were hearing from their flat this morning! Joe and I just sit and giggle at the moaning. Hahahaha! Young love - ain't nothin' like it!!!

Ginny B
March 18th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Good Morning everyone. Love lazy Sunday mornings just catching up here and drinking my first cup of tea (it certainly won't be the last one of the day). Had a wonderful day yesterday. DH and I picked my sister up and we all went to the flower show at a local nursery in our area. Got some things to plant and some seeds to start and just loved being there -- again, (dh and I went last weekend too, lol). Then we all came back here to our house and enjoyed just visiting and catching up and had some delicious Shepherd's Pie for dinner. Very nice day. :)

Today I will do a bit of laundry while dh does the grocery shopping (bless him!). Then we may go out in the yard and putter about a little. Clean up leaves, etc. Hoping to spend some more time in my sewing room (worked on some d9p blocks on Friday night).
I've got the Craftsy BOM to work on and now that a Feb. BOM block has been posted here, got that one too.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Ginny B

Jean Sewing Machine
March 18th, 2012, 11:12 AM
No sleepy for me! Today is my last day of spring break and I hdad a quilt to finish! Got it done, pictures posted after church!

BellasQuilts
March 18th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Good Sunday morning! Got my coffee and listening to Sunday Morning on TV. Got two quilt tops done yesterday for DGS (yet to arrive). One is a Western theme; the other a fence rail from a Moda Pure jelly roll. Emily's quilt done and will be sent to Jan tomorrow. I need to find a large enough space to sandwich Heather's. Also need to sandwich DH's civil war quilt. It is cold here. We had lots of rain yesterday; even some hail. We need the rain but unusually cool for this time of year. Need to hold off on the garden for a bit still; but chomping at the bit. Rebecca, your comment about the neighbors made me laugh. My parents ran a B&B for many years and sometimes when I visited in the evening you could ahem hear sounds. Mom just laughed and said, Happy guests!!

Blondie, glad you are back. Glad to hear you had a good time with the family, but we did miss you!

bakermom
March 18th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Quiet morning here. DH is off with BIL so i will have most of the day to myself. We went to mass last night so i could have slept in, but no i was wide awake. I will probably work some more on the DWR. It's coming along nicely. I also bought some "fake fur" last night. i really don't like sewing with it but this is sooo soft and look like a pinto pony. SO, if I can remember how, GD is getting a stick horse like i made my kids many years ago.

JessicaP
March 18th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I did so much yesterday that I was exhausted so today I have been relaxing. Maybe do a load of laundry. I am sipping my coffee and trying to decide if I want to watch Tv or quilt. I think working on my quilt is going to win, I really need to stop being so lazy and finish it. I am trying the no pressure route, just working on it whenever I feel like it. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

MRoy
March 18th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Good morning or afternoon depending on where you are. It's a beautiful sunny day here. I have white beans w/ham cooking for supper tonight...it will be sandwiches for lunch unless DH gets carry out. Working on taxes this afternoon. Have a great day!

toggpine
March 18th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Morning All!
We too got some work done outside yesterday. It finally quilt raining and we scrambled out to get the raspberries planted and then spent some time yanking weeds. The onion & leek bed is clear and so is the front bed under my sewing window. We have soo much more, but one bit at a time will eventually get it done.
This morning hubby and Em are making me pancakes for my birthday breakfast! Yum! I think I have the day to do as I wish. I see a spell at the sewing machine! I am sure there are a thousand things I should be doing, but hang them all! You can only pull the birthday excuse once a year!

You all have a good day!
Cathy

buckeyequilter
March 18th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hi everyone....

Well it's already afternoon here.

I finally got the top of DH's quilt top finished last night. Went and picked up some binder clips today and used those to clip it to the table. Hubby saw the basting spray and told me I should get that but I went with the binder clips and glad I did because he helped me put the backing and batting on the table and when I got the top pinned the batting was crooked so I had to redo the whole thing. I told him I will start by using the basting on something small. Well need to get some laundry going and then start pinning the quilt again.

Have a wonderful day!!

brook
March 19th, 2012, 12:54 AM
I think I had that same hair cut and dress when I was a little girl. : D