PDA

View Full Version : Emily Update. You are not going to believe this!

janluna
March 16th, 2012, 10:46 PM
They kicked her out and are sending her home. They are right now on the road, driving through Saint Patrick's Day weekend, with all the drunks on the road. We don't know if we are seeing a healing, another disease, or just another day in the life of this horrible disease. Joe, Heather, and especially Emily feel like they are at the top of a roller coaster, they are waiting for another plummet to the bottom.
Emily, was taken off all her meds because she has baby red cells growing and bone marrow has increased. However, they may be seeing a malignancy in her bone marrow. Her red cells are up, her platelets are up, her ANC level is up. She is no longer transfusion dependent. Emily has the Aplastic Anemia, top doctor in the world, confused, and at a loss for words. So he sent her home to wait. For healing? Cancer? or another plummet in this awful disease? Are we being doubting Thomas's watching a miracle happen? We don't know!! And we are feeling totally at a loss. Emily is numb. She has just gone through a weeks worth of tests that were not easy. And if she bottoms out again, they will have to pack up and go through it all over again. Back to Wisconsin and a Bone Marrow Transplant. She says she doesn't know if she can take anymore needles, or biopsy's, chemo drugs, headaches, bruising, drugs, transfusions, anything again. My kids are so afraid she is giving up. She is exhausted and so are Joe and Heather. We don't understand why they won't let her stay in Wisconsin to see what happens, just to pack up again and go back again in a matter of weeks or months.
Please pray they get home safe. It's a 12 hour drive, with drunk drivers roaming the bars and roads. Emily just wants to sleep in her own bed again. They are packed into a Hyundai, Sonata with 9 months worth of clothes, computers, etc. They told them to bring it all because they would be there for 9 months to a year. They feel like doubting Thomas, and they feel hopeful, defeated, and scared. We need to bring them home safe with prayer.

Lord, please protect them on the road. Let them get home safe. So we can start over again, so we we can watch a miracle, or a new disease. We are confused, scared, hopeful and oh so tired of hospitals and Doctors etc. Please give us protection on the road for them. Help us take it one step at a time. Please give us answers. In Jesus name we ask these things.

Thank you for your prayers and the love and support that you all have sent. Please send one more prayer for safety and the white light of protection to see them home. Thank you. Love, hugs and prayers, Jan L.

bec
March 16th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Janluna, I'll remember Emily and her family in prayer. Keep us updated. I don't always respond to threads, but that doesn't mean that I'm not keeping your family in my heart. I pray that our Heavenly Father will watch over each of you.

middlesis1966
March 16th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Jan they are in my prayers for both safety as well as safe travels. Thanks for the update.

Dragonfly
March 16th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Jan, like Bec I don't always respond to threads, I am not overly good with words in these situations, but I do think of you, Emily and your family often. Even with having been through cancer treatment as a high risk patient I simply can not imagine what this must be like for young Emily and her family. I always check your update posts and I truly hope to see good news on this.

MaryB
March 17th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Jan, you, Emily and all the family are not far from my thoughts at any time. May you be seeing an answer to all the prayers for Emily.
Hugs, Mary B

MRoy
March 17th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Jan, I can hardly imagine all the emotions and thoughts that you are dealing with now...should you hope, doubt, believe, fear? Believe that Emily is watched over by an awesome God who gives you hope and can ease your fear. There are many prayer warriors lifting you all up in prayer. I'm praying for a safe return home for your family and healing for Emily. (((Hugs)))

HandsOffItsMine
March 17th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Dear Jan,

Don and I are stunned with this news. We're praying that God will guide them home safely and give them strength and light to understand what is going on. Let this be the start of a miracle that Emily will be cured from this horrible disease. Positive thoughts, uplighting, healing light heading her way as they are coming home to family and friends.

We know it's very difficult to keep a positive spirit during all this, the blow to Emily, Joe and Heather is incredible, the rest of the family as well. All of us will gather together in prayers, sending you all our love, hugs, strength for the next round. Emily can do it, tell her we're all behind her. She has soooooo many aunties, Omas that love her too much to give up. We'll hold her up! We'll give her strength, whatever she needs, she just needs to tell us. We will be there for her...

Extra big (((Jan))) for you my friend, Ruby

ChristineB
March 17th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Praying for a safe trip home and a miracle for Emily when she gets there!

phoots
March 17th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Prayers are on there way to the entire family! Keep your chin up and the attitude positive!! I love happy endings...or maybe I should say happy beginnings!!!

Love you, Jan!

Pam in Vegas

Loonwatcher
March 17th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Jan, I shall continue to join the others in praying for Emily and the whole family. You all are never far from my thoughts. I can't imagine what it's like to go through this ordeal. I'm thinking positively that this is the beginning of a miracle for Emily.

Hugs,

quilter.martha
March 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Dearest Jan:
I continue to pray for Emily and the whole family. I can't even begin to imagine what you're all going through. But I do understand you not wanting to get your hopes up (again). Could this be the miracle we've all been praying for? Oh I so hope so! Continue to pray for that miracle, but be willing to accept whatever God sees fit to give. He holds you all in the palm of his hand, and even when we can't see it, He has a plan for all of you. Hugs and love to you all, Martha.

Bubby
March 17th, 2012, 08:28 AM
This is hard for us to understand, Jan. I'm standing in faith and prayer with you and your whole family. Hugs and continuing prayers for you and the whole family....Barb

rebeccas-sewing
March 17th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Jan, love and prayers, dear! I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am that you and family carry such a heavy burden.

janluna
March 17th, 2012, 09:48 AM
The kids are home and safe. I think we all need some rest and things will look better. If this is a miracle, we are all ready to accept it! Thank you for your prayers and healing thoughts for Emily.
And thank you for helping me pray them home safe. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

stitching woman
March 17th, 2012, 10:23 AM
So glad they are home safely and I will continue to pray for the family.

Sandy Navas
March 17th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I am as stunned as you, the family - especially Emily - and I'm still praying hard. My chin is on the floor!

quilter.martha
March 17th, 2012, 01:17 PM
So thankful they are home safe!

Patrice
March 17th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Many prayers for them and may God's angels guide them home

alliek
March 17th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Jan: Take heart. Pray for peace of mind and heart. My prayers will be with your family and you every day. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. Not as the world gives do I give you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."John14:27

Monique
March 17th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Jan I don't know what to say except thank God they made it home safely and that is only the beginning of good news. God bless you all.