• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RFREE
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

Ever re-purpose a favorite sweater???

Hello all my quilting buddies. Hope all is well with you all. I was going through my sweaters to put them up for the season and ran across my absolute favorite one that I have had for more than 25 years;yes that long;and I still wore it and always got complements on it.Well I noticed it was coming apart under the arm so short of fixing it and getting another 25 years out of it LOL
    Just kidding girls.I made me the cutest purse out of it. I put a pocket on the inside and one on the outside.I put a hook for my keys inside beside the pocket(I won't tell you where I got the hook because you will think I am crazy!).I also put the label in the inside too.Ha ha that was just for kicks but my DD said "What the crap mom that was your favorite sweater!?" After she looked at it she gave it a big thumbs up but still can't believe I cut it up.ha ha
    Anyway for some reason my laptop won't download my pictures. I will keep trying and hopefully figure it out because I would love to show you guys. Anyway maybe later today.
    Hugs to all who want them and prayers to all that need them.
    Rhonda
    Last edited by RFREE; March 11, 2012, 11:47 AM.
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Ever re-purpose a favorite sweater???

Good to hear from you, Rhonda.....Can't wait to see your sweater masquerading as a purse! I think it's a great idea....Take care....Hugs, Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JessicaP
      Applique Angel
      • Feb 2012

That's a great idea! Can't wait to see it'

Comment

• Sandy Navas
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2010

Okay, Rhonda. Hang that carrot on the end of the pole and see if this old donkesse grabs for it . . . I don't want to see the picture unless you tell us where you got the hook for your keys - I would suggest a curtain hook . . .

We miss you . . .
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• RFREE
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2010

Well yall I have tried all day to figure out how to get this laptop to download my pictures but no luck I even had my DH try and fix it (normally he isn't allowed to touch my puter)but he had no luck either. I may have to call my Brother in CA. He is my go to guy when I have puter problems.Darn I really wanted to show yall too. Sandy I miss yall too but I must confess I get on here everyday and lurk(can't stay away) but I find it way to distracting to hang around.My house has suffered terribly ha ha. The hook????? Well..... I recently got 13 baby chickens and we were out at the chicken house fixing it back up(haven't had chickens in about 4 years now and the house needed TLC) I was checking out the fence and there hung a swivel hook; about an inch and a half long; on the wire. No telling how long it had been there..I took it off the wire and slipped it in my pocket not saying a word. When my DD was checking out the purse she said "You got that hook out at the chicken house!" I didn't know she was watching me. LOL At the time I thought to myself that would make a perfect hook for a key loop in a purse.TAA DAA.. I love it when a plan comes together. I will keep trying to post the pictures..Thanks yall.

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2010

Hi Rhonda! Long-time! We've missed you. Sounds like you've been busy on the property. Show us pics of the chicken house and your new babies when you figure out your computer.
            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• RFREE
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2010

I sure will Rebecca. I am really frustrated now. I CAN NOT get this thing to load my pictures!!! I have tried for 2 days. Hopefully I will figure it out soon. I am waiting for my brother in Lincoln CA to call me!! He must be out of the country.I will wait patiently...NOT!!!

Comment

• Loonwatcher
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2011

What a wonderful idea. I can't see it in my head so I'm waiting patiently for your photos.

I once made a cardigan sweater into a throw pillow cover. It was cashmier and came out pretty, soft and cuddly.
                ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Working...
                X