PDA

View Full Version : These are the times that try men's souls.

Sandy Navas
March 10th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Okay - so I posted about someone rear-ending DD & DSIL about a week ago. They have been dickering back and forth with the insurance about payment and all is finally going well. Monday they are supposed to take the car in and get the repairs done.

This afternoon some lady backed into their car while it was parked in front of their house. That means no repairs on Monday - as they need to wait for the insurance adjuster to come back out and makes his report. Meanwhile there's water damage because of rain (the trunk won't latch), and they had to destroy three car seats because the insurance agent declared them damaged from the first accident, but they have to buy replacements before being reimbursed.

Waiting for the police to come write the accident report this afternoon some crazy lady decided she needed around and drove down an embankment into the yard where the kids were playing and had the audacity to cuss at daughter when she asked what they thought they were doing . . . and then another guy backed up his pickup into the yard and cussed her out again.

What, you need a giant fence around your property now days.

Extra traffic in the area due to a huge estate sale a couple doors down.

Daughter says she is PM-esscent so we should keep all hand guns out of her reach.

Why is it that people have no respect for anyone, anything, or even themselves any more?

Divine Daisy
March 10th, 2012, 08:34 PM
sits in a circle with you and your daughter, holding hands and going ommmmmmmmmm . A lot.

bec
March 10th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I'm sorry your daughter is going through such a trying period. It's sad that some people are so rude and so wrapped up in their own lives that they think everything is about them. Just hang in there and make some lemonade.

buckeyequilter
March 10th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Wow the world is full of rude people. I hope things get better for them soon.

MRoy
March 10th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I hope things get better for your DD. Some people are just downright mean and hateful.

Loonwatcher
March 10th, 2012, 10:22 PM
That just totally s**ks! Maybe the time change will change their fate. And karma will kick those rudies in the butt.

JessicaP
March 10th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Wow, when it rains it pours... I hope they get it all figured out. Sounds to me like your DD and DSIL need a vacation!

Judy~Ann
March 10th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Sandy, that is too much ....
I feel so sorry for your DD and DSIL.... what a mess
I so agree with you about rude people. Hopefully this will be finished soon. Sending hugs to her

phoots
March 11th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Oh, no!! I wish saying "sorry" would help, but I know it won't. I hope things start righting themselves and the world becomes a happy place again!

Pam in Vegas

rebeccas-sewing
March 11th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Incredible!!! Getting hit twice in such a short period of time is so bizarre! It wasn't quite clear what you were saying about the lady turning around and the guy in the truck! It's sad how crude, rude, and mean some people are. They must not be very happy in their lives. I'm just so glad that no one was seriously injured in any of those situations.

Bubby
March 11th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Sandy...

This seems to be the way of the world now. I see it all the time at our apartments.....absolutely zero respect for someone else's property or themselves, judging from the way they live.

Sorry DD is going through this. Sometimes things like this seem to be a cycle and they aren't over until they are over. Let's pray her negative cycle is complete so she can get on with her life. Hugs, Barb

CrazyMtnLady
March 11th, 2012, 11:13 AM
What a bad time for your daughter. I hope her luck changes very soon.

I am so glad to have moved down here to the boonies, away from the general public. The morals of this country started going downhill a long time ago. I say put some moral standards back on the television, put respect, honor and prayer back in the schools and let's start teaching children how to behave. Take away their electronics and make them read some good value books and go out and PLAY instead of watching the boob-tube constantly.

stepping down from my soapbox now.

EeyoresGal
March 11th, 2012, 05:30 PM
UGH!! So frustrating for her!! *hugs* to her. I certainly hope things start going better soon. And I can't believe people these days. I just can't imagine behaving like that. Do unto others, you know? And remember that everyone you meet's got something going on...no matter who they are...people forget that and get so caught up in their own moments, they forget the rest of the world has drama too. =( Best wishes for better day for your daughter!!

GrammaBabs
March 11th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Well,,,,that's the pits..............if it wasn't for --it luck, she'd have no luck at all (quoting my Dad because my SIS has just this sort of luck most of her life).... I'm sending hugs and positive thoughts your way... let's hope it helps.... trying to stay positive in that kind of situation is more than a challenge.. she's lucky she's got a great Mom who will do whatever she can to help out (ask me how i know about this "helping Mom stuff"... LOL)..........but it's what we do, just try not to let it take it's toll on you dear girl... I'm thinkin' about ya'... have a glass of wine.. with dinner...:)

EsGrandma
March 11th, 2012, 08:03 PM
So glad that you are there to support them!! Don't have a clue what good honking and swearing does -

blueberry
March 11th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Heavens , I had to look and see what country it was as it could have been right here in NZ , yes respect for others has gone to hell in a hand basket , I hope they dont have to fight for every $$ in insurance pay out

janluna
March 11th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Sandy, I am so sorry your kids are going through all this. Sending prayers and positive thoughts to surround your DD and DSIL. Get some rest, Honey. Love you so much, Jan L.

BellasQuilts
March 12th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Wow, those kind of things do go in cycles, don't they? I can't believe how rude, seems almost like a bad tv show script. Maybe they need to burn some sage and git rid of the bad vibes...sending you hugs and patience through all of this.

debinmalaga
March 12th, 2012, 09:05 AM
I always figure that the ruder a person is, the more of a loser they are in the game of life. So sorry your DD and DSIL are having a run of bad luck!