• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

For those who have lost someone

I saw this on Facebook yesterday but it applies to ALL who have lost someone (in my opinion), no matter how much time has passed.

the first xmas without a loved one.jpg

**Yesterday marked the 12th year since my Mom passed away. That first Christmas without her was tough.**
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Re: For those who have lost someone

Thanks for sharing, Monique. The holidays, not just Christmas, can be hard times for some folks. My niece in TN still is working through her grief from the death of her mom in May. These are the first holidays w/o her. She was her care giver for a long time. They were very close.

Comment

• Anitamae56
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2014

Thank you, it has been 10 years since my husband passed away, and the loneness still is there, I miss him every day.

Comment

• geegeequilts
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2015

Monique, this made my eyes fill with tears. My Dad passed away in Aug. 1974, just 10 days after my son was born. Dad only saw him once in the hospital. THAT was a very hard Christmas. I remember going thru the rooms feeling he'd just left each one. He was such a big kid at Christmas loved it all. My Mom passed 8 years ago. Words fail to describe being without your Mom. I tell Jerry that "you go, I go". I know I'd grieve myself to follow him. We've been married 47 years.

Hug your loved ones a little tighter each time you see them, tell them how much you love them. You can't say or do either enough.

Thank you my friend, for posting this today. I so miss my parents at this time of year more than I can say.

Gina

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

Official music video for original song “The Sweetest Gift” by The Piano Guys.Get this Song: https://smarturl.it/TPG_ALBUMS | WE’RE ON TOUR: https://smarturl....

The song starts at 1:26
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• geegeequilts
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2015

Katrina, thank you. that was so beautiful.

Gina

Comment

• jjkaiser
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2013

Thank you. I agree that fb post was so perfect for this time of year. My parents and one of my sisters passed over 10 years ago. I am used to their being gone but the thing that gets me every year is hearing Silent Night. My heart breaks for all of you missing that special someone and especially if this is your first holiday without them.
              Jocelyn
              South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• Monique
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                Thank you. I agree that fb post was so perfect for this time of year. My parents and one of my sisters passed over 10 years ago. I am used to their being gone but the thing that gets me every year is hearing Silent Night. My heart breaks for all of you missing that special someone and especially if this is your first holiday without them.
                Silent Night makes me cry too.

Comment

• Monique
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2011

Try and get through this one. I heard it yesterday once again and it brought tears to my eyes but it is a very lovely song.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Cokie
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                    Oh my goodness! Such a beautiful song. Thanks for sharing...crying now...

Comment

• BethB
                      The Guild President
                      • Oct 2014

Thanks Monique . . . On the 23rd of this month, it will have been 19 months since my husband passed away so I have already made it through one holiday season. I think about him every single day --- most days many times throughout the day. I just moved into a new house and it is bittersweet because he is not here with me and I know he would have loved this place, especially the covered patio on the back. This makes this year harder for me. I am glad I have family near me. The piece Monique put up and the songs from Katrina and Monique brought tears to my eyes tonight.

Nancy

Comment

• Monique
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2011

We are allowed to shed tears for the ones we have loved and lost. I didn't mean to make anyone sad though, sorry.

Comment

• MSN
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jan 2017

Tears can be healing; they help wash away the pain.

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                            Missouri Star
                            • Apr 2012

Monique, you are a caring and lovely person. All of us who have been the beneficiary of your kind thoughts and actions are grateful to you. This post is yet again a gentle and loving support for those of us mourning during the holidays.

You didn't make anyone sad. You helped us all!
                            Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• shermur
                              Missouri Star
                              • Mar 2013

The holidays are especially hard this time of year.....I lost my Mother December 20, 2002 and then, we lost Grand-dad on December 25, 2002. Two funerals in one week. For the first few years, I didn't partake in putting up the Christmas Tree and it was an endeavor to put on Christmas cheer. This photo was taken at Thanksgiving a month before we lost my Mom and Grand-dad. My Mother is in the middle (standing) and my Grand-dad sitting at the left. I miss them both terribly......

Last Breshears photo small.JPG
                              Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X