• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

SECRET SOUP

It's a cold, rainy day here and I thought it would be a good day for a pot of Secret Soup. This recipe came from a friend whose Mom is a caterer. It couldn't be easier:

2 pounds ground beef
    1 onion, chopped
    3 cans Minestrone soup (I use Campbell's)
    2 cans Rotel tomatoes with green chiles (I use mild, but have used all regular or half and half)
    1 can red beans or kidney beans, rinsed
    1 soup can water

Brown the beef with the onion - add remaining ingredients and simmer. Freezes well.
    Good with cornbread or grilled cheese sandwiches!

Enjoy......Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb
  • CrazyMtnLady
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2011

Re: SECRET SOUP

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! sounds wonderful. We are heading to town soon so I can pick up the Minestrone which is the only thing I need.
    DH received a large package in the mail today from a guy in texas that he is friends with on his gun forum. Besides the usual gun stuff, ET had sent along 2 quarts of canned Homemade Venison Stew, a jar of Homemade Apricot Jam, a bottle of hot sauce, a packet of seasoning mix to put in the stew and a Vintage Limoge's of France brooch for me. I am not much into wearing jewelry but it is a lovely brooch so I will wear it on occasion.

It has been really blustery, cold and rainy here also. But we still have to get to town so rain or not here we go!
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• Carol_Ann
      The Guild President
      • Aug 2010

MMMMMMM, I can almost smell it warming on the stove. Thanks for sharing with us.

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2011

Barb,

I am definitely trying this recipe. It sounds great. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Donna, I want a friend like that! What a great surprise package!

Cyndi
        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

• JessicaP
          Applique Angel
          • Feb 2012

Sounds easy and quick. Yum!

Comment

Working...
          X