PDA

View Full Version : NutriBullet vs Ninja?

Hulamoon
September 25th, 2019, 10:47 PM
I have a really (choke) expensive Vita-Mix. I don't know how I fell for the demo at Costco that it will make hot soups for my family. I haven't used it once in I don't know how many years.

I just want to make a morning smoothie. So Nutri Bullet or Ninja for a personal blender? I just want a simple one, not a ton of attachments.

bubba
September 25th, 2019, 11:12 PM
I also have a Vitamix which we used a lot when we first got it. That said, we also have a Ninja, and it's great too!

jjkaiser
September 25th, 2019, 11:57 PM
I have neither but my eyes were glazed over and I almost got sucked into buying a Vita Mix at the State Fair. Those demos are so good you want to buy everything you see!

justLyn
September 26th, 2019, 01:22 AM
I have a simple ninja with the top motor. We use it several times a week to make smoothies and ice drinks. After several years, the gasket on the lid fell apart, so we got another one just like it. I guess that mean I can say I recommend it. :icon_bigsmile:

Hulamoon
September 26th, 2019, 02:00 AM
I have neither but my eyes were glazed over and I almost got sucked into buying a Vita Mix at the State Fair. Those demos are so good you want to buy everything you see!

I know! I can imagine with all the new models how much they have gone up too.

I have a simple ninja with the top motor. We use it several times a week to make smoothies and ice drinks. After several years, the gasket on the lid fell apart, so we got another one just like it. I guess that mean I can say I recommend it. :icon_bigsmile:

Funny you should say that. My second Kitchen Aid stand mixer froze up on me and I hardly used it. Third time won't be the charm, so I ordered a Cuisinart.

Doloris
September 26th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Funny you should say that. My second Kitchen Aid stand mixer froze up on me and I hardly used it. Third time won't be the charm, so I ordered a Cuisinart.[/QUOTE]

You can contact Kitchenaid and they will usually replace the mixer. I have had a few accessories replaced before

Hulamoon
September 26th, 2019, 09:29 AM
You can contact Kitchenaid and they will usually replace the mixer. I have had a few accessories replaced before

Yeah, but it's old and the weather has taken a toll on it. Nothing lasts over here.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 26th, 2019, 09:56 AM
My DD and SIL love their Vitamix. He uses it for his smoothies all the time. My step son has the Ninja and love theirs. I guess it's personal preference.

I don't have either one, but when I want a smoothie, I use my KitchenAid immersion blender. I use it to purée soups or just about anything. DH bought one of these expensive Jack Lalaine juicers years ago. He used it no more than a dozen times. He brought it to our home, but hasn't used it since. Takes up a lot of kitchen real estate.

Hulamoon
September 26th, 2019, 11:30 AM
The Vitamix is a great machine. But like you said about real estate, it's too big for something I wanted to leave on the counter. One of my DD's is going to take it.

I decided on the Ninja after watching some YouTube videos. I didn't like that you had to hold the Nutribullet down to run it.

Jasonryan
September 30th, 2019, 03:57 AM
Def.Ninja in our household. I also use the Ninja to make my hot sauce I can every year. It saves me so much time, like my fabulous Kitchen Aid mixer.

GuitarGramma
October 2nd, 2019, 03:55 AM
I have both a VitaMix and a NutriBullet. I drink a protein smoothie every morning. I use the VitaMix at home and the NutriBullet when I'm on the road. The VitaMix does a better job than the NutriBullet, but they're close enough.

BTW, you don't have to hold the NutriBullet down. If you push down and twist, it will lock into place. Just untwist to stop blending.

My DD#2 has the Ninja, and she thinks my NutriBullet is sturdier.