• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It Wednesday!!

Well hello everyone, it sure feels good to be back!! I missed you all. Seems like things are back to normal this morning.

I can't say that I am sorry that the week is half over. I know I have had it easy, working/sewing and all, but the office is so darn hot. I can't get it to cool off much. When I arrive in the morning I open the windows and turn the fan on and that helps a little but I eventually have to close them as the temperatures rise. I think I have melted a little. I sure wish I could melt off some of these pounds though, LOL!!

I was finally able to finish that easy apron that took me a week to make. Would I make another? I really liked the style and yes I would like to make another now that I know how but with changes.

Don't you just hate patterns that have mistakes? I found another one, the iron tote caddy. I was making the paper template yesterday. Someone doesn't know their math, 6.5+6.5+7 does not equal 19.5????? All the sites I have seen have this exact measurement! DUH!!!!! Or is it just me? Okay rant over.

I have another project that needs to be finished so I think I shall do that one today. The blocks are done, they just need to be put together. I also have some applique projects that need to be done as well. Lots to do.

Have a great day everyone. Catch you all later.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: It Wednesday!!

Last edited by Star lover; March 12, 2022, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Bubby
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

Good Morning All, It was good to be able to get into the forum first thing. It throws me off schedule when I can't drink my tea with M*.

I took Dottie to the vet yesterday and she has colitis. She was running a fever and she was dehydrated. She got IV fluids and loads of meds and prescription probiotics to take for a week. Last night she slept much better than she has for several nights. Hopefully she will feel really good before I leave on Sunday.

Today I will dust and straighten the sewing room and close it up so the pups can't be creative while I'm away. All of our dogs have always loved my sewing rooms.

I'm off for now....will check in later. Have a great day everyone!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Monique
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
        Good Morning All, It was good to be able to get into the forum first thing. It throws me off schedule when I can't drink my tea with M*.

I took Dottie to the vet yesterday and she has colitis. She was running a fever and she was dehydrated. She got IV fluids and loads of meds and prescription probiotics to take for a week. Last night she slept much better than she has for several nights. Hopefully she will feel really good before I leave on Sunday.

Today I will dust and straighten the sewing room and close it up so the pups can't be creative while I'm away. All of our dogs have always loved my sewing rooms.

I'm off for now....will check in later. Have a great day everyone!
        Aw poor Dottie. Hopefully she recovers quickly. Give her some hugs from me.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

Good morning everyone,
          I hate to admit but I must be a creature of habit, coffee, check DD & forum. Probably why I've been feeling off, or maybe it's the weather. I've been staying indoors mostly except for errands. I love my new haircut. A GF who moved back from BC called to get the name of my hairdresser. I was going to make dinner to my son, but decided to go out instead as I was not feeling great. He enjoyed his birthday and was telling us about his time at a friend's cottage in the woods on a lake.

Gotta run, must be at my DD at 7:30. I'm babysitting Max & Cass. Not sure what we will do today. Maybe visit mom, go to a museum, definitely will go to a splash pad. DH has pleaded to keep them away. He doesn't do well with GKs.

Enjoy your day. Stay cool, stay dry and be safe from the storms.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• MRoy
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2011

Good morning! I've been spending the last few days resting up from a 2 week visit from son and grandkids. We had a great time, but I'm beat...and I strained my back on Sunday after everyone left so I'm giving it a rest too. I hope to get back in the sewing room today. DGD saw the latest donation quilt I've made and requested a quilt in the same pattern. So, I've got fabric cutting to start on along with quilting as soon as ordered backing arrives.
            I hope Dottie is feeling much better. Have a good day!
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• JCY
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Glad the Forum is up & running okay this a.m. I missed it when it was down.

The mornings are darker & the eve. twilight comes sooner. The days are getting shorter. Hard to believe tomorrow already is Aug. 1. Where did the summer go. It's almost time for the co. fair & school to start. Now if the temps. would just moderate a bit. It was 97 yest. Today will be hot. A slight cooling trend after that.

DH did ok at the dentist's yest. Another appt. is made for the next crown prep. In the afternoon I had errands to 2 banks & the groc. store. Today I'll be cooking up DH's Anasazi beans. Three pounds of dry beans makes 11 (1.5 pt.) freezer containers.

I got a PM from Terry yest. She hasn't been in touch due to poor internet access where she is.

Comment

• KPH
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2015

I guess I got started this morning before I checked the forum. This is the first time I've had the computer out today!

I've been busy working on the work that Melinda brought to me. I'd purchased it for my classroom. The teacher that took over my room, moved to a smaller room and didn't have room for it. It's been in storage for years. The principal told Melinda to find a home for it or throw it away. Holy cow, it's over $500 worth of materials. I'm glad she brought it back to me! I'm in touch with the company I purchased it from and they're helping me 'fix it back up.' My grands will love it.

Steve slept pain free last night and ate this morning. Stan is hoping he'll get out of ICU today or tomorrow. His blood work is showing that the chemo is starting to work.

It's starting to cloud up, maybe we'll get some rain.

Have a great evening!
                Katrina
                From NC, retired in FL
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• 201 Treadler
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2018

Hi all
                  sorry its so warm at yours, talk about opposites doesn't seem so long ago it was mighty cold.
                  hope Dottie and Steve start to improve.

today it rained, but yesterday we had thunder from 2pm till 7pm, with a few stair rod showers.
                  the pizza turned out lovely,
                  tea tonight is another mix up of left overs, egg fried rice with peas x carrots, with a home made fish cake in gf bread buns, all homemade rather tasty
                  hope Jenny had a great day at festival of quilts
                  hugs to those in need
                  T

enjoy
                  🧵Treadler from UK 👋

Comment

• KarenC
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2015

So happy today is the last day of July. I'm also hoping that with tomorrow being a new month, things can calm down at work. This has been a crazy busy month with too many 12 hour days. Every day, it's something else. Guess I need to pray about it tonight.

This morning I woke up early and noticed I had a new notification about the M* facebook live video. Well I was quite surprised to see when the birthday bash was, because I had scheduled my vacation for the week before for the forum retreat. So then I had to go back and re-read the posts about the forum retreat. Yep, everything had the correct dates, but me. First thing I did this morning was reschedule my vacation. This evening I got a message from a friend inviting me to a retreat during the week before birthday bash. I would have loved to have gone to this one, but just can't swing 2 weeks off during quarter close at work.

Hope everyone had a great day today.
                    Karen
                    Spring, TX

Comment

Working...
                    X