PDA

View Full Version : Saturday hellos

Blondie
March 3rd, 2012, 08:58 AM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff131/khloemi/Stormyweather.jpg

Hello folksies

I am really typing this in my sleep by rote. Another fairly sleepless night, it is raining at a good clip right now. Our storms were not as severe as those to the south of us. The cooler weather which arrived yesterday helped us. Haven't listened to the news but I do understand from hubs that a few areas in the midwest were hard hit again overnight. I don't have time this morning to read all the news - hoping all our quilty sisters are safe from harm.

I don't think I have an umbrella strong enough to keep me from the elements this morning. Looking out the window I see what I have to drive through. Oy. If I needed my hair done today, I would cancel. I know of two particular people who will not cancel their early morning appts. for anything short of death.

See you later. SMILE, it's the weekend!!

DCM
March 3rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
I'm watching the news this morning -- it's so sad to see all the devastation from the storms. I can't begin to imagine emerging from a storm to find your house completely gone. I hope all our quilters are safe and with no damage to their property. Just found out our garage door won't work this morning -- after watching the news I've decided if that's the only problem we have this weekend we're extremely fortunate. Stay safe and make time to sew this weekend!

Loonwatcher
March 3rd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Good Morning,

Blonide, be safe on your way to work. Hopefully you will have a light day.

To our our quilty friends in the storm ravaged areas - please check in to let us know you are okay. So many of you live in those areas and I'm praying for you.

Have a great day.

Monique
March 3rd, 2012, 09:13 AM
Good morning. I hope everyone is safe this morning.

Yesterday was a good day but a tiring one. Bed early.

Work today and then I will continue with the dresdens. I only have 4 more plates to sew together. I will be glad when that part is over.

Have a great day everyone.

aliaslaceygreen
March 3rd, 2012, 09:20 AM
Good morning, all! Stay safe, sounds like we are in for it again today across wide swath's of the country, though they say we are just worrying about flood warnings, no more rain....

Day two of four at work..and two of three where the idiot I report to is off!!! I CAN DO THIS!!!

I started in on the next UFO for the challenge group I am on...its a twin bed dresden plate.... lots of hand applique left!!!

Good to curl up with tonight with a movie and my DD think...

Happy Saturday!

debinmalaga
March 3rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Good morning, all! Monique, you're really moving right along on those Dresdens! Can't wait to see a picture of the project.

Had some very loud thunderboomers last night, spitting rain this morning, we're just slightly affected by the storms hitting some of our quilting sisters. Hoping that everyone is safe and sound.

Work until 2 today, then resuming quilting one of my QFK tops. First time I've done a whole top in SITD, and I am LOVING it. I didn't like it before because my stitches weren't all completely "IN" the ditch - on it, next to it, sure, but not always IN it - but have learned to slow down quite a bit and be happy with SNTD (Stitch Near The Ditch).

Hoping our quilting friends in the storm hit areas check in and let us know they're okay...

middlesis1966
March 3rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
Lol Deb, I've had too learn to like that stitch as well! I think that is one stitch that I am best at right now. I'm like you, gotta slow it down. I have found that if I use the speed control selector my machine has I do much better.
Prayers going out for the families in all the storm damaged areas. It is just so heart breaking to see the damage that is left behind.
Well all I am on my way to make another baby doll quilt. I still have lots of practice and I think its best if I continue to keep it fairly simple. There are tons of little girls who will love the blankets so I'm glad they will be going somewhere. I and also going to keep a few stashed for when its time to put the boxes together for Samaritans Purse.
Have a great morning all!

stitching woman
March 3rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
Good Morning Ladies, glad to here that so far everyone is OK after the storms and prayers for all in the storms path today.

Had a wonderful time at Friday Nights Sew only 14 of us but sure was fun. Need to finish binding on two small quilts and have 4 blocks to get together for two different block of the month quilts.

Have a great weekend and be safe.

MRoy
March 3rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
Good morning...It's sunny and clear here today. But I'm seeing on the news that there are several deaths due to the storms in eastern areas of Kentucky. One town was hit both Wed and Fri night and is pretty much devastated. Please keep all those affected by these terrible storms in your prayers.

meemeecyn
March 3rd, 2012, 12:04 PM
Happy Saturday! Freezing rain here after snowing in the night, but nothing like the weather in Kentucky, Indiana weather. Prayers go out for them.

Love your description of QNTD, Deb! I agree....it isn't as easy as it should be. Have never tried FMQ so based on my experience with SITD, I am afraid to. Just WSATWT! (Wicked Scared About The Whole Thing.......figured I should a few more acronyms!)

Have a great weekend everyone and hope you get a chance to sew.
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
March 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
There was an e-mail going around that commented at the end something like "Wheeeeee, just hold on and enjoy the ride." Well, this stormy weather just wasn't part of THAT DEAL. Why do I have this feeling that we are going to have a very ROUGH year? I told you the earthquakes and tsunami threw the poles off. Santa probably won't even show up this year. I think I'll go skate-boarding (I mean, come on . . . at my age things couldn't be much worse.)

I really like Cynthia's new acronym - applies to many, many things: WSATWT!!

Not sure that I'm going to accomplish much today. I have five of the seven here for the afternoon while DD & DSIL attend his grandfather's funeral. Burial is a way off so they will be gone for a while. We just may continue sorting buttons here!

So, the usual hugs to warm you and comfort you. Prayers for our families with illness. Cures requested for sore throats and aching muscles. Thanks to all those who are sacrificing for our freedoms. Grieving with those who have lost family and homes due to these horrendous storms. And to anyone who doesn't fall into one of those categories: THANKS FOR BEING MY FRIEND!!!

BellasQuilts
March 3rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
Morning. Just got up and watching the news. Just heard dozens dead. Oh my word. I am saying prayers for all those affected. Hopefully all our quilty sisters are ok and weathered the storm. Working on DDs X's and O's quilt, wanting to finish my civil war quilt and baby stuff (of course!). Let's see how much I actually get done.

Hugs to all.

Ginny B
March 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Good Morning all. It's a rainy day here again but nothing like what others are having to deal with. It is just so devastating.

Blondie, stay safe driving to/from work. I hope everyone has a safe day and if you get the chance, happy sewing.

Ginny B

cyndiofthevortex
March 3rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
Hi everyone,

I feel overwhelmed by the damage done by these storms. Thank God we can pray!

My driveway is 5 inches of slush and more rain to come. I hope it melts instead of freezes. I am continueing to quilt DGD's quilt - DH designed the pattern and it's the best quilting I've ever done. I'm very happy with it. Tempted to just sit under a warm quilt and doze for the day due to this bad cold, but the motto I am trying to live by is "Do The Next Thing". I procrastinate and then feel guilty that I don't get more done. My day will consist of some housework, some Scrabble with Jonas, some reading and some quilting. I am looking forward to a nice day. Oh, and add praying to that list.

Be safe and peaceful, everyone.

Cyndi

bakermom
March 3rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Spent a nice morning with my DS. we had breakfast together then went out shopping for some things for his wife to suprise her.
We came home and looked thru pics of the Alabama storm damage- went right thru the area where DD2 lives. fortunately she is safe. I heard there were several killed here in Ohio, too. so sad, some of these places have barely recovered from the last series of storms and they are hit again. from what I've been hearing the mild winter is contributing to the severe storms we're having.

Alana
March 4th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Well woke this morning to the sound of snow blowers and snow plows. We have had 37cm of snow since last night and it is just starting to taper off now. May get some really good winds too just to blow it all around. Feeling like -19C here right now which is brrrrrrr.....Drinking a hot tea and then under the feather duvet I go for the night.....

Hope all those in the storm areas are safe. God comfort those hit hard and bless them....

phoots
March 4th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Good evening!! I work up this morning not sure what was happening outside my window. We live in an apartment complex and we face south...right at another building and our bedroom patio is recessed a ways back so it doesn't get direct sun this time of year until mid-day. When I sat up I saw a cloudless sky! We had a very pleasant day with very little wind, thank God!!! Here in Vegas it can really get windy...not good for fancy hair. Tomorrow will be warmer and Monday is supposed to be near 80. That's a good thing since we're getting the carpets cleaned!!

Love to all and especially those in the tornado areas!

Pam in Vegas

BTW - I spent 11 yrs in Alabama. I'm no stranger to severe weather but have never had a home damaged by a tornado. I did have one pass within a half mile once. I was so mesmerized by the scene outside that I never did seek shelter.