PDA

View Full Version : Jelly

Juliebelle
July 18th, 2019, 05:44 PM
Had to clean out the freezer and I found enough blackberries from last years harvest to make 24 jars of blackberry jelly and then I had strawberries so made 16 jars of strawberry jam. I think we are all set for jam and jelly for a while, did not get a pic of the strawberry but the neighbors has advised that is is good.

jjkaiser
July 18th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Stop!! You are making my mouth water. I love homemade jam esp blackberry!

grammaterry
July 18th, 2019, 06:50 PM
I went out to pick blackberries a few days ago and only got 2 cups in two hours of picking in the heat. Not a fruitful day. I envy your jelly

Rhonda K
July 18th, 2019, 07:12 PM
Oh my yummy! The jelly looks so delicious!

SuzyQue
July 18th, 2019, 07:22 PM
Yummy, yum, yum, yum!

Bubby
July 19th, 2019, 07:54 AM
Not only is homemade jelly delicious, it's so pretty on your shelf. Job well done!

toggpine
July 21st, 2019, 04:06 AM
I've put up about 25 pounds of blueberries this summer. I have at least one more picking, and I'm guessing at least 10 more pounds.

I traded my neighbor 4 pounds for some strawberry jam! Our strawberries, raspberries, and peaches are not producing this year, so we will ration out what's left in the freezer and pantry until next year. The apples and pears seem to be doing well though.

KPH
July 21st, 2019, 08:46 AM
We had black berry bushes in the front of our property in Stanley. The bushes would be full when I'd send the boys out, but for some reason they never made it back in the house with enough to make jam. wink, wink

Carlie Wolf
July 21st, 2019, 11:36 AM
Stop!! You are making my mouth water. I love homemade jam esp blackberry!

Blackberry is my favorite too!