PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning hellos

Monique
June 30th, 2019, 08:34 AM
Good morning friends. The temperatures are so much cooler than they were yesterday. We had very high humidity which makes it ripe for severe weather. While the wind did kick up a lot here, that is all we got. I had a busy day working in the morning and then joined the very large crowd at the corner store who were celebrating 100th Anniversary. This store is still in the same family. Amazing. Then I hit the opening of the flea market but nothing there for me.

I had a great day Friday, small post office but steady busy. The day went by fairly fast. Headed to Ottawa to pick up Les. We all went our for dinner first. I was really tired and slept well. Greg took pictures of Phil's promotion. The day was all about him. They even had an official photographer. I was sad to have missed it but was happy that his father and brother were there. It was a very special day. He is now a Master Corporal.

This afternoon there is a cemetery service at a small church in the middle of the bush, LOL! This church was built in the late 1800's by Les' ancestors. I try and go each year. They have a lunch afterwards.

Tomorrow is a BIG day with Canada Day celebrations. Lots going on.

Have a wonderful Sunday friends.

P/S I just discovered something: I did something and my whole post disappeared. Shucks. I right-clicked my mouse and hit the undo button and it all came back.

KPH
June 30th, 2019, 08:50 AM
Good Morning Monique and those who follow,

I've been scurrying around this morning. Normally, I wake up around 6, but this morning it was almost 7. Thank goodness, it's 5th Sunday and there's no Sunday School this morning. There will be lunch after church. I baked (over baked) cookies last night. They'll have to do.

Yesterday, I piddled in my sewing room cleaning up several piles that have been building up. It won't be long before school starts and I'll have to have my messes all in order. I have one more throw I'd like to get done before school starts. I have some of the Mayfield line left, so I'm going to use it up and make a quilt for my MIL's friends.

Other than church and Bible study, I don't have much planned for today. Hopefully, we'll get some rain today. The rain has been breaking and going around us all week.

It's going to be a celebration week, with Canada Day, and the Fourth. Everyone be safe and travel mercies for those traveling.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 30th, 2019, 10:18 AM
Good morning everyone,
I see another thread going - great minds think alike. It's definitely cooler this morning, but I think the heat and humidity will ramp up shortly and hot his week. Yesterday I went to fabric sale, and I got a voucher for $152 free next month. I got some Jinny Beyer fabric to back my log cabin hearts quilt. Also went to a small town to shop, 1hr west of here, when tornado warnings started blaring. Skies were menacing and my GF & I decided to head home. Drove through severe rain and winds, but no hail. We got home and 20 mins later, there was a huge t- storm. This is getting freely. We probably have as many storms and tornado warnings as mid-west.

Today, I will go to sewing room and finish small projects and mending. I might sandwich a quilt top.

Not much planned for Canada Day celebrations. We keep our options open every year, and usually get together with friends or just watch fireworks from our back yard.

Take care, be safe. Enjoy your day.

KarenC
June 30th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Good morning, just posted on Terry's post. Hope everyone has a great day. I'm doing laundry while waiting for DD and GD to arrive for a visit. I am so blessed.

baslp
June 30th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Good morning. Our heat wave finally ended. We get another one starting Tuesday. Yesterday I went shoe shopping with a friend. I bought 1 pair. She ended up with 3 pairs. This morning I have been busy with laundry and I baked some banana muffin tops. I will sew 2-3 blocks . I try to set a goal for each day or I this quilt will take me forever to complete.

Have a good day.
Beth

chelea
June 30th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Crazy weather here yesterday. It has been hot and very humid and it finally broke overnight, after a spectacular hail storm. The pool looked like a pot of boiling water with all the hail slamming into it. Sunny, dry and cooler today.
Nothing major going on. I really should straighten out my sewing room...when it gets out of control it makes me feel unsettled and un-focused.
Have a nice Sunday everyone and Happy Canada Day to all our northern neighbors!

toggpine
June 30th, 2019, 03:07 PM
We are back to sunny and dry here. I'm not liking this new weather pattern, it seems to stop raining earlier every year.

We busted out a bunch of yard work yesterday. We mowed the entire property and weedwhacked a bunch more. I have one more fence line to attack and we should be set. I'm not 100% happy with the idea, but I'm going to spray part of the driveways to keep the weeds/grass/blackberries from growing up. I can't keep up with all of the growth and we will be hauling hay shortly and will need to access those driveways.
The rest of the raspberry row and the "orchard" need to be weeded today. The last swath of blackberries that are trying to eat the stock trailer behind the barn also need to be dealt with. That should be the last of the big yard work, the rest will just be maintenance.
I have some blueberries that are ready for harvest. Maybe we'll have blueberry waffles for dinner!

If I have any energy left I may spend some time in the sewing room, unless I have to go sit with the animals in the barn. Apparently not everyone is waiting for the 4th to light off fireworks. This really freaks out the livestock dogs.

I hope you all have a very productive or restful day!
Hugs, Cathy

Carlie Wolf
June 30th, 2019, 06:29 PM
Last night was pretty scary. A violent thunderstorm passed through and scared the living bejesus out of me. I was in a deep sleep and dreamed that the dogs at the local shelter got loose and were letting themselves into my back porch door, three at a time. They were so scared and wanted a safe place. The thunder and lightening was awful, so bright and loud. I finally really woke up to flashes of blue lightening and thunder that almost completely tossed me out of bed!! I don't think I've ever seen lightening a light blue before.

CraftyJnet
June 30th, 2019, 06:36 PM
Good afternoon forum friends! The weather here is beautiful. Not so for my hubby in Miami where it is hot and humid. He flies home late tonight and I'll be happy to have him back. He had to go for work and has worked all weekend. I took advantage of his absence to do some tidying in the kitchen, though I'm sure you couldn't tell by looking. Where does all the clutter come from? It seems I always need to declutter and give away/toss so much. Oh well, it kept me busy. I hope all of you have a wonderful rest of the day.

201 Treadler
June 30th, 2019, 07:13 PM
hello sunday
spent most of the day learning about a browser, then watched some of Robs you tubes, for extra fun sped him up to 1.75 just to see what that setting does,
Rob was very caffinated,
am liking this browser so far, had a good smooth watch, sometimes with Jenny or Bonnie Hunter we get 15 minutes and the browser history needed deleting on i.e in private, before will load more.
turned comp off, watched Glastonbury last night it a music festival in Somerset south west ish England, near to Glastonbury where the Tor is, (although remember standing on burrow mump and the tor being around a similar size in background, good memories great people. ) ,its on BBC channel, the Killers were on last night with guests Pet shop boys, the amount of folk there is amazing. its the cure now.
have fun today
T