PDA

View Full Version : Friday Morning Hellos! :)

JCY
May 31st, 2019, 09:12 AM
Good Morning ~ It's so nice to have the Forum working ok again.

We're supposed to have nice weather again today, which is great, because our flower bed project is under way. The 2 guys from the lawn service were here from just past noon until the end of the day. They got all the flowers removed. A few of them went to my next door neighbor. One of the workers wanted the Hosta & a few others. Anyway, they're all gone & the ground is ready for top soil & the sprinkler guy to move 5 heads. Final step will be to lay sod. I went out after they left & pulled some bind weed & remaining clematis vines off the chain link fence. Just that 45 min. of yard work flared up my L. hand. Within 2 hrs. it really was aching.

Another baby shower at church is coming up on June 20, so I'll have to get busy. It will be for a boy and a girl and a gender neutral, for the mom never wants to know ahead of time. I already have a completed quilt that will work for the girl. Not sure if I have any quilts that will work for a boy. I do have some finished tops that can be quilted.

Time to get on with my day. The lawn guys probably will be here by 8 a.m. I hope everyone has a good week end.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 31st, 2019, 09:31 AM
Good morning Joy,

It's going to be sunny and warming up here. It's so nice to have a few days without rain and cloud. I am grateful, and will not complain with all the devastation I am seeing in the weather channel in mid-west US. They said there have been 200+ confirmed tornadoes since May 17. I can't imagine the devastation and destruction. . I hope our forum friends are safe. They have lifted the ban on the Ottawa River.

Yesterday, I sewed the bindings on 3 VQC quilt tops, and almost done handsewing one of them. DH and I had an appointment around 3 in west end, so when we were done, we went out for dinner. We headed home after the rush hour. Dorothy is coming this morning to pick up 2 other quilts. Our goal is to finish these and drop them off after Monday's VQC meeting. Then our group takes a break for the summer. I am guessing that Monique will be coming home from her retreat today. The weather would have been good, except for black flies.

Tomorrow, road trip with girlfriends. Going to a quilt store having their Grand Opening. Then we will head from one small village to another, checking out gift shops and clothing stores. I do need to find a wallet. Although I love mine, it is falling apart and looking ragged.

Enjoy your day.

MissMay in Jersey
May 31st, 2019, 09:40 AM
Glad yesterday's problem was corrected, M* was the first site I clicked on yesterday and I thought something had evaded my computer. Having Christmas in June tomorrow, DS#1 and GF had gifted us with an opera and dinner at a local venue and tomorrow's the show. Glad the show comes first as I tend to nod off when I'm in a theater setting but think I'll be OK tomorrow as who can fall asleep during an opera? LOL!

Spoke to my DGD the other night, her and new baby girl are doing great. Her and DH named her pretty quickly compared to the naming of their 2 boys and her name is Mariella, such a sweet name. Waiting for some photos. 159330 to all.

baslp
May 31st, 2019, 09:48 AM
Good morning. We are going to have a sunny day. I don’t think that we will have any strong storms today. I was at the vet hospital with our pug. Trying to see if there is anything else to do about her breathing . Today I am going to the gym and then out to the optical shop to pick up my prescription sunglasses. I am expecting a package with the fabric that I ordered last weekend. It is a line called West Palm. Reminds me of Florida.

Have a good day.
Beth

Bubby
May 31st, 2019, 10:07 AM
Good Morning....Just a quick note to say hi. I'm up to my eyeballs with chores and and I also need to make a trip to the bank.

May, I love the baby's name...so pretty. You must be thrilled to finally have a Girl.

We have a full day tomorrow in Cuba. We cut up a tree last night and loaded it onto our trailer to take to the dump in Cuba. That was a huge job. I think my hands and back will need a day or so to recuperate.

I have 25 blocks made for the May Day Basket quilt. Is anyone else making this?

The pups are wanting their breakfast and a romp.

Have a great day everyone!

TMP
May 31st, 2019, 10:56 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

May How wonderful to have a new baby in the family!

I am sitting here waiting on my daughter to come and get me to go out of town with her, my granddaughter and her friend. Kaylee is 12 today ! Girls trip. Kaylee is so excited. Not doing anything exotic we are just going to Atlanta . We were going to leave at 7am but my daughter had something happen at work. It never fails, its so hard for her to plan anything.

The pollen is still hanging around here and me and Sandy (lab) are still sneezing. One more good rain and maybe it will be cleared up.

Have a wonderful day
Teresa

Nwmnteacher
May 31st, 2019, 11:50 AM
Good morning all,

We went to the cabin last weekend (actually, I went on Thursday to clean, and the rest of the family came on Sat.), so now it's ready for summer fun. We had a water pipe break from winter freeze up even though we had drained everything (seasonal cabin), so we roughed it, and used bottled water. Lake water was used to flush the toilet :-) I called the plumbers, and they got the bad section of pipe replaced, checked everything out, and we're good to go. In the next couple of weeks we're having a new septic system installed, $$$$$!! The cabin is my happy place, and I spend as much time there as possible, usually just me and the dogs. DH, DS and family show up on the weekends. 159331 This picture is from 2 years ago, DS and grandchildren.

quiltingaway
May 31st, 2019, 01:52 PM
Good morning all,

We went to the cabin last weekend (actually, I went on Thursday to clean, and the rest of the family came on Sat.), so now it's ready for summer fun. We had a water pipe break from winter freeze up even though we had drained everything (seasonal cabin), so we roughed it, and used bottled water. Lake water was used to flush the toilet :-) I called the plumbers, and they got the bad section of pipe replaced, checked everything out, and we're good to go. In the next couple of weeks we're having a new septic system installed, $$$$$!! The cabin is my happy place, and I spend as much time there as possible, usually just me and the dogs. DH, DS and family show up on the weekends. 159331 This picture is from 2 years ago, DS and grandchildren.
That would be my happy place too! The setting is beautiful

KPH
May 31st, 2019, 03:19 PM
Good Afternoon All,

Yesterday was PT, forgot to take and advil before I went. I did alright, but as the afternoon progressed, I got sorer and sorer. I soaked last night and was feeling a lot better before bed. I didn't take an advil at bedtime, lol, another boo boo. Boy, was I stiff this morning. I finally got things loosened up around lunch. I mopped the kitchen, slid a box of books that have been sitting in the kitchen and nobody would move it out to the garage. So the box is out there now. I've iced a couple of times and rested in between spurts of getting something done and quitting because my hand is just not cooperating. Any way, I feel good about what I've gotten done.

I've started watching some of Sara's tutorials with the water colors. I'm going to give it a go. It may not look like much, but it will be getting my hand working in different ways. I've also pulled out a couple of wonder clips to pinch, pinch, pinch!

Clouds are building, the neighbors pulled out and are headed to MD. The guy that mows the grass is going to rent their place while they're gone to her new duty station. I'll miss them.

Time to get busy doing something useful. Have a wonderful weekend.

LauraP
May 31st, 2019, 06:42 PM
Hey Katrina! You just got out of your cast and now I am in wraps. I Had another trigger finger release done this morning so probably no sewing for a week or so. I need to thread some elastic through some casings so maybe by tomorrow I can tackle that. Nothing else going on here.

KPH
May 31st, 2019, 07:18 PM
Hey Katrina! You just got out of your cast and now I am in wraps. I Had another trigger finger release done this morning so probably no sewing for a week or so. I need to thread some elastic through some casings so maybe by tomorrow I can tackle that. Nothing else going on here.

My oldest didn't notice I didn't have my brace on Sunday. He wants to go to the beach one day, when it won't bother my brace. lol, His mind is on other things!