• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Husband Comes Home From Work...... 🏡

Husband Comes Home From Work......

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.

The door of his wife’s car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.

Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.

In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.

In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened.

He was met by a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door.

As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap, and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.

As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in her pajamas and reading a novel.

She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked: β€œWhat happened here today?”

She again smiled and answered, β€œYou know every day when you come home from work and ask me what in the world I do all day?”

β€œYes,” was his innocent reply.

She answered, β€œWell, today I didn’t do it.”
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Husband Comes Home From Work...... 🏡

Isn't it the truth! Unseen and mostly unappreciated.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Granny Fran
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2014

I actually did this about 40 years ago. Husband was not amused. Thanks for the chuckle today.
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
        I actually did this about 40 years ago. Husband was not amused. Thanks for the chuckle today.
        I did this when the kids were little, not really quite as bad. I was dressed, but just didn't pick up anything for one day.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• SallyO'Sews
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2012

Hahahahaha!! Love it.

Comment

• NancyH
            The Guild President
            • Apr 2014

Love it! Love it! Love it! They must think the magic maid appears everyday.
            Nancy

Comment

• grammaterry
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2015

yes they do. (think there is a magic maid).
              success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
              Terry of NC

Comment

• Vonnie
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2013

When a friend of mine was put on bed rest, her husband took off work and wore himself out in one day taking care of the kids, house work, cooking and cleaning the kitchen afterwards. I believe he called his mother!

After each maternity leave, I told everyone I was going back to work so I could get some rest! It is harder to be a stay at home Mom then it is to take the kids to daycare and work all day.
                Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                X