PDA

View Full Version : Monday, Monday

KPH
May 27th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Good Morning All,

It's smokey this morning. I guess the fires are still going to the north of us. I didn't notice the smokey smell until I came out into the living room. It is kind of hazy as I look out the window.

I didn't work on anything yesterday (other than my PT exercises), but I had a 2 hour visit with Melinda on the phone. She had her hip replaced and she's already done with PT. I wish I could say the same! She said she was lucky, one of her parents is a PT, and started her on exercises to strengthen her muscles when she told them that she was going to have to have the hip replacement.

Not sure of what's going on today. We'll have to take a trip to the grocery store for a few things. Hopefully, everyone will be at their parties or the beach and the crowds won't be too bad. Maybe I'll get into the sewing room again. I have one table runner to quilt, then I'll have to brave the cutting board and rotary cutter to get some binding cut. Funny how that's making me nervous. It's been a while since I've cut anything!

JCY
May 27th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Good Morning ~ Happy Memorial Day! My parents were married on May 30, the actual Memorial Day, before they started all these Mon. holidays so folks could have a 3-day week-end. It was a tradition to make homemade ice cream on that day. We had an old wooden sided ice cream maker. Someone would have to sit on the top as the ice cream thickened & the crank got harder to turn.

No specific plans for today. The usual laundry. If I get ambitious, I might pull a few weeds. Or I might bake DH's bread.

We had a mostly sunny day and 83 deg. yest. There was hazardous weather forecasted for east of us, for severe thunderstorms, chance of hail, up to 2" in diam., & even a tornado watch/warning out further on the eastern Plains. It's that time of year. All we got here were a few brief sprinkles. We live west of the I-25 corridor, so usually avoid some of the worst weather. A 60% chance of rain tomorrow & much cooler. I hope it doesn't rain so hard we don't get out lawn mowed again. It's been 2 wks. It rained last Tues. Crazy spring time weather.

Enjoy your day.

Bubby
May 27th, 2019, 09:11 AM
Good Morning Everyone....It's going to be hot and sunny today. We have plans to work in the yard. The girls are just waking up and Jeff is out on the porch drinking coffee. I need to get breakfast cooking.

Wishing everyone a blessed Memorial Day. My thoughts are with my Dad who served in WWII and the Korean War and all of the other veterans from my family. Those who are currently serving have my prayers and respect...thank you for your service.

Have a great day everyone.

Ginny B
May 27th, 2019, 09:34 AM
Good morning all. It's going to be a nice, warm, sunny day. We plan to do a bit more work in the yard today and hubby will be making ribs.

Yesterday was a very busy day and a bit of a difficult day. We packed up Ray's apartment. It was hard being there again. It was like opening the wound of losing him again.

Happy Memorial Day everyone. I am thinking of my dad today who served in WWII. My prayers are with all those serving today and their families. Have a good day all.

JulieC
May 27th, 2019, 09:44 AM
Happy Monday!

Looks like the rain in the forecast is going to hold off until tomorrow -- today will be 72 and sunny. Great weather for those who have outdoor activities planned.

Like Katrina, I have a trip to the grocery store on the agenda today. They have holiday hours, but the website doesn't say what those hours are. I'm going to run up there in a little while, I'm hoping to avoid any potential crowds by going early.

It felt like it took forever, but I managed to rip out the quilting on my wallhanging project yesterday. I use the edge-to-edge quilting method -- one hoop takes about three minutes to stitch and over an hour to rip out. Fortunately, I only had to rip out about one and a half hoops. I have decided to use a different thread and changed my mind about the design, too.

Wishing everyone a Happy Memorial Day.

Navy Wife
May 27th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Today will be another hot one. We've been in the 90's for a week, and I'm hollering "Uncle". I hate hot weather. We used to go north in the summer when we had the motorhome. I really miss that monster!

I have been lazy for a couple of days, and my house shows it, so I have to get busy today. We are going to Knoxville later to have late lunch-early dinner with #1 son. Then we will finish plans for the family "campout" in 2 weeks. There will be 22 of us at sometime during the week, not camping as we have rented a lodge that sleeps 25. We try to do this every 2 years so the kids get a chance to see everyone. We will have a new face this year, Margaret, who is almost 1. There are 6 little ones, 6 and under.

Best get to work. My house is a mess and laundry piled up.

I hope Memorial Day is meaningful for you. Despite all our years in the Navy, we've only lost one friend to enemy fire. But many we served with have passed on. That happens a lot when you get to 81!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 27th, 2019, 10:38 AM
Good morning everyone,

It was warm enough to wear capris yesterday. I was feeling lazy, so I went for a manicure. It got busy with pedicures while I was there. I guess sandal weather is here. Today, I'm not so sure. Oh well.

I also started cutting fabric for tomorrow's class. Pattern is Bird Song using the mini Quick Curve Ruler. I need to finish cutting and pack up machine, etc. Tonight we are seeing DH's sons and family. We haven't seen them since Easter.

Joy - what a great memory of making ice cream.
Enjoy your Memorial Day celebrations and tribute to family members who have served.

KarenC
May 27th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Good morning everyone. I'm dragging today. DGD spent the night, and got here a lot earlier yesterday than I expected. I am pooped! This child is like the energizer bunny. I awoke at 6 this morning so had one hour of stitching in before she woke up. We've already had a trip to Lowes, and the carwash. I think I'll take her to chick fil a for lunch as I am out of energy.

Remembering my dad and FIL today on Memorial Day.