PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Greetings! Happy Mother's Day!

JCY
May 12th, 2019, 09:08 AM
Good Morning ~ I'm very frustrated with Hotmail/Outlook. I can receive e-m's, but can't send & the names won't load in the "to" box from my address book. I hope they get things fixed soon. Anyone else having problems?

Yest. was a busy day. In the morning I did laundry & house cleaning. My son came by & brought me roses & a card, then we went to lunch together. He's shopping for a used vehicle, either a small SUV or pick-up, so he was going to browse the lots here. His first week on the new job was busy but good.

After I got home from lunch, it had warmed up enough in the garage to defrost the freezer. I was done by 4:30. Glad to have that done.

I play the organ for church today. I have some Mother's Day music picked out.

No more time now. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Bubby
May 12th, 2019, 09:20 AM

Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day to everyone. Joy, it's great you got to spend time with your son yesterday.

We have a problem at the apartments and Jeff has to go there to fix things and take a new appliance. I guess I will sew...how bad is that! This may be the day I sew the labels on the wedding quilts. Then I will check for stray threads and give them a good going over with the lint roller and wrap them in tissue until it's time for them to go to their new home.

No other news from here. Have a great day friends!

Rhonda K
May 12th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day to all!

It is a time of reflection for our special days with our Mom's today. I'm having breakfast later this morning with DD and Gson. Then it's a quick trip to grocery store so I can make chicken pot pies later for the week.

Nwmnteacher
May 12th, 2019, 09:44 AM
Good morning all,

Happy Mother's Day! I'll be spending my day at work (JoAnns) but that's ok. I had the day off last year, so it's my turn, and one of the other moms can enjoy the day with family. It will probably be somewhat quiet at the store.

I gave in to the Daily Deal this morning! I've been looking at that fabric for a week or so, and couldn't pass it up when it went on sale. Of course I had to order some yardage too!

I hope everyone enjoys the day. I'll be thinking about my mom in heaven these past 13 years.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
May 12th, 2019, 09:49 AM
Good morning everyone,

I went to a local quilt show and shop with a GF yesterday. It wasn't big but the quilts were very nice, a lot of them were hand quilted. I picked up the Lori Holt silicone iron pad. Now that my Oliso has died, I've gone back to using my orevious iron and guess what? I burnt my ironing pad cover since I forgot to tip it up. I also checked out the Gammill long arm. It's very smooth. DH will be going to Quilt Canada in June as its held here. I was told there are 170 vendors. I may have to buy a multi-day pass.

We are going to DD before we all head out to reataurant. We will exchange gifts as it was also GS birthday yesterday. Can't believe Max is 6. My DS is working today but we talked. I will go see my mom later this aft.

Wishing all mothers a joyful day, whether shared in person or across the miles.

Monique
May 12th, 2019, 10:46 AM

And for those whose Mothers are no longer with us:

And for those without children, this one is for you. Make this day special for you!!

baslp
May 12th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Good morning and Happy Mother’s Day. We have March temps and rain. I guess we will be grilling in the rain. I plan on sewing some more blocks. I would like to go to Barnes and Nobel to look at their quilt magazines. The closest one is 25 min away. I may save that outing for Monday. I will need to get out of the house.

Beth

MissMay in Jersey
May 12th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Surprise call from DS#3 this morning, he's in Atlanta and will be here this afternoon so all 3 sons will be here for Mother's Day lunch. Not feeling well this am and DH said to scrap my plans to cook lunch for all of us, sons including DIL, DGD her DH and son, and order some food delivered. Sounds good to me. Enjoy your day gals!

Claire Hallman
May 12th, 2019, 11:59 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all my quilty friends.
Sorry you are under the weather May, and anyone else that is feeling poorly.
It rained here this morning so DH did not go golfing, he has fixed me coffee this morning, nice.
I need to bring some order back to my sewing room, it is a mess and with a batting draped across the table [I need to finish sewing together] it is hard to find a place to put anything. Maybe I can get that done today.
My DS sent me flowers, texted then called yesterday.:D We will see him and his family tomorrow for dgs birthday party so today is mine.

zenetac
May 12th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all.

I tend to lurk in the background and read and learn about the answers to questions about quilting. My lurking also includes joining some of the exchanges, which I feel are fun and enjoyable.
This month I am busy packing for a move. The move should be complete by 15 June. I will be moving to Missouri from Utah. I have already packed my sewing machines. They will be among the first things to be unpacked.

My younger daughter fixed me breakfast this morning. It was very good.

Navy Wife
May 12th, 2019, 02:21 PM
This will be a quiet day for us. We had our Mother's Day meal last week since DS#1 and DDIL are celebrating their anniversary at the beach. DD will call later. DH said he will go out and bring home dinner. I have a feeling that DS#2 and DDIL will come over. It's a tough day for them. They were not able to have children, and Laura's mother died about 10 years ago. My Mother died 29 years ago. I still miss her. I think I'll get to work on the quilt I started yesterday. We are having rain showers still. Had 2 inches Friday and Saturday.

KPH
May 12th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Good Afternoon All,

I had a nice surprise. Morgan's Mom invited everyone to lunch at Newt's where her DH is the manager. So, 4 generations, from Morgan's family were there. Both of her sets of grandparents, her parents and brother and her kiddos. I had MD lunch with my two boys and all of them. It was a nice visit. Tammy's parents go back to TN on Tuesday. It was delicious!

Have a great Mother's Day!

dwil23
May 12th, 2019, 07:12 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all!

KarenC
May 12th, 2019, 07:30 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there. This was a busy weekend for me. DGD spent the night with me on Thursday. Friday DD met us at the nail salon. Pedicures done, then back to our own homes to pack. 2 hours later we are on our way to Natchitoches for a family wedding. The rain started a few hours before the wedding and continue all afternoon. The outdoor venue was a bust, so the reception moved inside. It was a bit crowded, but a good time had by all. Today was church, followed by brunch with the family before we all headed back to our respective homes.

CraftyJnet
May 12th, 2019, 08:19 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all! My DH is still in Amsterdam so I am a bit lonely here at home with the doggies. My DD is taking me to dinner tonight with her boyfriend. Guess I better get ready! I hope all of my forum friends have a lovely day.