• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning ~ I don't see a post for today, so I'll start. One more day of nice weather today, then rain/snow on Mon. & Tues. Yest. it was 74 deg., but the wind was cool.

Yest. DS#2 came ~10:15 & we worked in the yard. He brought boxes to take flowers back for his girlfriend. I was sharpening the tools on DH's grinder when he got here. He dug flowers & I weeded in another bed next to where he was working. We had a productive morning, got Chick-fil-A to bring home to eat, then worked another hour or so. There were leaves & debris that blow in over the winter between the 2 fences on the N. side of the house. He used the leaf blower to move all that out to where we could clean it up. He had the back of the SUV full of boxes. The garbage toter was so heavy from the bags, DH had him move it to curbside b/c it was too heavy for him to push. Our P-U is Mon. a.m. It was a productive day. I'm getting a nasty crop of dandelions in the front yard that will need attention soon.

Today will be church. I plan to have a relaxing afternoon & day.
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: Sunday Morning Hellos!

Good morning,
    Joy - I'm happy knowing that your son is nearby and helpful with the yardwork. Sounds like a win-win situation, and you found a home for your perennials.

Yesterday was a day out with girlfriends at the Women's Show. I hadn't gone in years. It was quite good. Liz was thrilled as many/most of the food vendors were sampling/selling gluten-free, vegan foods. She isn't vegan but this ensure there is no lactose free. The free goodie bag was loaded with useful samples. We also purchased wine sampling tickets. We had a nice lunch at a restaurant and then went back in afternoon. It was less packed. When we came home, my GF's husband had prepared dinner for all, so DH joined us for a really nice finale to Saturday.

After attending Friday's quilt show and then women's show, I have declared today a day of rest. I will visit mom this aft and maybe finish binding on another VQC quilt. I also need to get groceries.

The flooding has gotten worst and not only did Ottawa declare state of emergency, but Montreal and many other southern Ontario communities. This is really heartbreaking to see so many people impacted. The army have been busy assisting. Prayers would be gratefully appreciated. Our home is safe.

Enjoy your day.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Ginny B
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

Good morning Joy and all to follow. It's a bit cloudy here this morning. Not sure if we will get rain or not. Didn't check the weather for today yet. Yesterday was Max' birthday party. He loves the Backyard Birds book from National Geographic (kids version) that was one of his gifts from us. He has recently gotten interested in birds so we figured he might like this to help him identify the birds at his bird feeder.

When we got home, we pulled out the bins with our summer clothes to pull out what we will need for our California trip . I'll was them all up today and we can start packing. So that is what is on my agenda for today. DH is going to a guitar show so I think while he is gone and the laundry is going, I will some more time organizing in my sewing room.

Joy, sounds like you got quite a bit done in your yards yesterday. I am loving how things are starting to look out in ours. I'm enjoying all the spring blooming. Suzanne, sounds like you have had a fun-filled couple of days. Enjoy your day of rest.

Have a great day everyone. Be safe all of you dealing with the heavy rains and flooding.
      Last edited by Ginny B; April 28, 2019, 07:09 AM.
      Ginny B
      Levittown, NY

Comment

• baslp
        The Guild President
        • Sep 2012

Good morning. We are having a quiet weekend here. Yesterday the wind was horrible. Today it is cloudy and 61. I did manage to get into my sewing spot and sew 10 more blocks. I want to finish the rest of the blocks today. It is nice to have family around to help with chores one can’t do. We have to hire a landscaper to do our yard.
        Suzanne— hope that the rain and flooding stops soon. Hope people have flood insurance.

Have a good day.
        Beth

Comment

• redcaboose1717
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2011

JCY
          I just got home from church (There's a church about 3/4 from my home, which is great in the spring/summer/earlyfall because I normally just walk over there. I live right by a lake and the walk to church is really pleasant.) Although I haven't walked to church in several months, I think when June rolls around I will be ready and able to do that.
          It's nice to be able to see so many church friends that I haven't seen in such a long time. Of course I haven't volunteered in quite a while but hope to be up to par soon. I volunteer usually when someone can't full-fill their obligations. I used to be very active but it's time to let the younger set do things!
          Sounds like you had a busy Saturday! I want to change some of the flowers in the yard and replace a couple of shrubs that are looking really bad.
          Take care,
          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• Patty J
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Woke up to 4 inches of snow this morning. Uggg by the time we got home from church most of the snow where the sun was shining was melted and I could see the green grass--Still some snow in the yard, but as soon as the sun hits it it will melt. Went to a quilt shop yesterday that is fairly new in town and found a layer cake that is really pretty, I bought it now I just need to decide what to make with it. I can hear the cake calling my name as I'm typing this. I have several partial projects that I want to finish before starting something new. So it will have to wait, Maybe if I hide it further on the shelf it won't be calling so loudly???
            Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• toggpine
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2009

Just checking in. It seems like forever since I've been able to work in my sewing room.
              I'm looking forward to the end of the school year. Middle school has been tough on the kiddo this year.

I had better get on with the day! Good catching up with everybody!
              Cathy
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• MissMay in Jersey
                Applique Angel
                • Oct 2018

Joy, Is your son available for gardening in Jersey? Our 2 sons that live in Jersey did some yard work in the past, but since they are getting old, 61 & 63, and have their own yards and gardens to take care of ours it get done when the weeds 2-3 feet high and spreading all over so we have a landscaper do a Spring clean up, trim shrubs, pull weeds and mulch put down and it's done in a few hours. Going to pick up some flower flats for the big pots on the back deck and by the front door, that's about all the gardening I can do nowadays.

Comment

• KPH
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2015

Happy Sunday!

This was the last Sunday of the Exodus study at church. I think he said 42 sermons in total, almost 2 years (Summer months have different topics). The pastor had written the words to a song, the music coordinator wrote the music, about the book of Exodus. The Praise band was guessing it would be the last time to sing it for a long while. I really like it, very upbeat and lively!

J pitched a fit this morning when the kids were left with Nana this morning. Morgan worked last night, so she went to Nana's to get him calmed down and back on course. Jim was ready to turn around and take him home, instead of playing this morning. I think J was better off dealing with Mom, Dad was too pissed.

Well, time to rest this wrist. Typing is still not my idea of fun, lol it hurts after a while!
                  Katrina
                  From NC, retired in FL
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JulieC
                    Missouri Star
                    • Dec 2016

Good Afternoon!

I'm running a little behind today, I had a headache earlier and am trying to get caught up. I got home from the grocery store a little while ago. They were having a special on pork chops -- buy one package get one free -- but the packages had nine chops in each. They would die of freezer burn before I could get to them. I will go to the grocery store near work tomorrow or Tuesday to see if they have smaller packages.

My sister from Texas is coming for a visit in three weeks. She stays for a few days, just enough to see Mom and then she goes home again. My Ohio sister & I are debating whether or not to have the caregiver come on her normal day while the other sister is here. Our brother stopped by Mom's yesterday. We're not sure if he will grace us with his presence while the Texas sister is here. He lives locally, but he only stops by every two or three months.

It got cold enough last night for some of the dreaded white stuff, but if we got any, it melted by morning. Here's hoping that was the last of it!

Have a great week!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                      Missouri Star
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by baslp View Post
                      Suzanne— hope that the rain and flooding stops soon. Hope people have flood insurance.
                      Beth
                      Beth I'm not sure about insurance coverage. These homes and more now were flooded In 2017, so not sure what there coverage is. Many were built 50-80 years ago on flood zones, but never flooded. Now this is twice in 3 years. There is definitely flooding where it was never expected. Also I heard that a small dam has broken causing further flooding. The problem it is still snowing up north, and so will continue to melt.
                      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• JCY
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jul 2013

Miss May ~ Sorry, NJ is too far away! DS#2 is 50 y.o. He's a hefty guy. He picked up those trash bags & carried them to the garbage toter like it was nothing. Me, I'm not supposed to lift >15-20 lb. since my pelvic surgery in 2005. I have to use the wheel barrel to get them moved to the toter, & I don't pack them heavy like I used to years ago.

This carpal tunnel surgery really has slowed me down! I'm not liking it one bit! My hand, esp. at the surgery site & wrist, aches most of the time, which was not the case prior to surgery. However, on the positive side, I now can FMQ without my hand going to sleep, & I can sleep on my R. side without my hand going to sleep. I still wear my wrist splint at nig

Whew -- big winds this afternoon as that cold front moved in! The typical "warm before the storm". At noon, we had 89 deg. Two hrs. later, it was only 70. Debris was blowing around the neighborhood. There is a plastic bag caught in one of our trees. Our toter lid kept blowing open; at least it's too heavy to tip over, but the recycle bin blew over a few times. The wind seems to have died down now. Not looking forward to what they're predicting for the next 2 days. A good chance of 3-5" of snow in our area. All the flowering trees around town are peaking right now. Hope the temps. don't drop too low. Our crabapple tree started to bloom yest.

Comment

Working...
                        X