PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday hellos!

Monique
April 10th, 2019, 07:26 AM
I would like to know where Spring went. We had snow all day yesterday, must be 6 inches fell. UGH!! Winter can just take a hike RIGHT NOW!

I had a good day yesterday. Emptied a small white cabinet I had in the kitchen, brought it up to my sewing room. Replaced it with a wash stand that hubby wanted in its place. That job took me most of the day. Then it was up to the sewing room to tackle that job. It wasn't all done so I guess I will continue that job today.

The butterfly quilt was gifted on the weekend, pictures are posted, thanks for looking.

I saw a post about a port pillow for cancer patients and I had to looking for a pattern and then what it is used for. Well it is used to cover the port from the seat belt. What a clever idea. I think I will make a few for my niece. I also found a pattern for breast cancer pillows as well. So much out there, I am like a squirrel.

Not sure what the weather will be for today. I really hope no more snow.

So that's it for me. Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
April 10th, 2019, 07:31 AM
Good mornin everyone!

Monique, you are such a busy lady. Doesn’t look like the white stuff has slowed you down much. I too hope that you don’t get anymore!

Finished raking the entire back yard....whew! We’ve got a big one too. But after the tree downing, there was tons of chunks of wood all around. Wouldn’t be to good for the mower. I just have the “mound” where the tree was. Full of wood chunks, small branches. DH was thinking of putting a small wall around and making a raised bed for garden plants......we’ll see. It’s a mess right now.

No hurry though, we’re to get our Christmas today.......spring will come.....I know it can, I know it can.......someday!

Hope everyone has a marvelous day! Love and hugs to all.

KPH
April 10th, 2019, 08:12 AM
Good morning!

Monique it sounds like you need a FL vacation. It was quite warm yesterday with two rounds of storms.

I didn't have kids yesterday, so nothing much went on. I carefully swept the kitchen and wiped down half the kitchen cabinets... left handed before you all start to fuss. 2 bottom and 2 tops that's all! I'll do the other half today.

I miss sewing!

baslp
April 10th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Good morning. Looks like we will have a sun and temps in the 60’stoday. I have 2 appts today, so I Have time to sew a few more blocks. I think I will be working on this quilt for months. I hope I like it when it’s done.

Have a good day.
Beth

LauraP
April 10th, 2019, 10:13 AM
It looks like it's snowing outside but lucky for us it's just the pear blossoms coming down in the wind.
Got one bed full of blankets and linens washed yesterday. They smell so good when they come in off the line.
I had forgotten how noisy home is. We had a cat fight on the porch last night and somebody's humongous mastiff was carrying on this morning. The high schoolers walk past the house, having a gay old time.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 10th, 2019, 10:37 AM
It's a beautiful sunny day, and the snow and ice was sliding off the roof all night. I will call to reschedule Monday's appt to remove winter tires. Winter is not letting go. We ventured downtown on the bus yesterday morning for an appt and this was a wise decision. The blizzard kicked up in full force and roads were a mess.

Our guild meeting was not cancelled, and there were 170+ quilters who came out. The speaker was interesting and shared the textile history of a British cotton mfr which is now owned by South African company. The fabrics were gorgeous and I couldn't resist. I bought 12 FQ indigo prints and 1/2 yd accent. I also showed 3 quilts recently finished. I picked up my GF Heather, who is back from Florida, and wishes she was still there.

Today I will visit mom and pay the lady who does mom's foot care. I have lots too do, errands, drop off bags for donation. I got a call from my GF's sister. They want a baby quilt made for their niece. I hope this doesn't stress me. Yippee, the chairs we ordered for the sunroom will be delivered on Friday.

Enjoy your day. Thoughts for all who may are being flooded, tornadoes and bad weather. Be safe.

KarenC
April 10th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Good morning everyone. 2nd time trying to post, battery went out on tablet the first time. So now, after a chat with DD, I'm back. Took the day off work today, just because. It felt good to sleep in. DD has a 2nd interview today for a new position at same company. We just finished going over interview questions, etc. An extra prayer for success was said. She'll come over for lunch today after the interview. The weather looks nice outside, so maybe I should go out there and take care of he lawn and beds. Still a few weeds that need to be handled and some fertilizing. I also have a charity quilt on the longarm that I decided to custom quilt instead of just doing an edge to edge design. What was I thinking? Oh well, I'm trying to practice and improve my ruler work and also free motion designs, so it was a good pattern for that. There are 16 heart blocks. So far I've done 5 of them, all different designs, and SID around each block.
Got to get busy, so here's hope for everyone to have a great day.

JCY
April 10th, 2019, 06:28 PM
Good Afternoon ~ I did my daily post under Monique's View out the Window & the snow discussion.