PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Trivia: the other Harrison Ford

Star lover
April 10th, 2019, 06:53 AM
Two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame bear the name Harrison Ford.

One honors the actor you know from "Star Wars" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

The other honors a well-respected stage actor and silent film romantic leading man. Hollywood's first Harrison Ford appeared in dozens of films between 1915 and 1932, including "Janice Meredith," a peculiar Revolutionary War-themed drama that starred Marion Davies as the woman who instigated Paul Revere's midnight ride.

158546. Harrison Ford

Ford played her love interest. And, in his first feature film role, W.C. Fields played a drunken British soldier.

158548. W.C. Fields

Monique
April 10th, 2019, 07:29 AM
Interesting, thanks.

nativetexan
April 10th, 2019, 12:59 PM
gosh, i remember W.C. Fields. does that age me? yep, but then i loved old movies.

geegeequilts
April 10th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Cool facts.

Gina

GuitarGramma
April 11th, 2019, 06:42 PM
The Screen Actors Guild has a rule that no two members may have the same name. That's one of the reasons we know and love Michael J. Fox; there was a SAG actor named Michael Fox before Michael J. Fox joined the Guild.

I sat here wondering how in the world there could be two SAG Harrison Fords. Did perhaps the first Harrison use his middle name, making him Harrison Edward Ford? It turned out that Harrison Edward Ford's final film was made in 1932, and the Screen Actors Guild started in 1933. There you go: SAG has only one Harrison Ford!