PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday alert!!

Monique
April 9th, 2019, 08:18 AM
I am not sure if I should say good morning or Merry Christmas. Yes we have had that awful 4-letter S word this morning. Everything is white again. I have guild today but still unsure if I will be going or not. I am leaning towards the not going side. The roads don't look good.

Well I worked on the taxes yesterday. They look good for us. I hate doing taxes but I bought a program which makes it easier to do but it still gives me headaches. I will look them over today and decide if they are ready to send.

I didn't do much in the sewing room yesterday except fold more fabric. I still have more to fold.

My niece starts her chemo today and it is also her mother's birthday. She loves her quilt by the way. I will take the pictures off my camera later.

So that is it for me. Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
April 9th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Good morning all.

Oh Monique, white stuff. I’m tired of it. So sorry you have it......we’re to get 3” in a couple days.....if they’re right. But spring will bet here......eventually!

We got to 70’ yesterday. Wow, it was nice. I spent the day working in the yard. Not done, but progress. Today is be be 50’. White stuff scheduled for Wednesday pm.....

Hope everyone has a blessed and peaceful day!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 9th, 2019, 08:52 AM
Well Merry Christmas for sure,
Yup, I've had enough, and fear this could be the year we still get snow in May. My GF is back from 6months in Florida, and she is in shock. Never had that much snow remaining on her lawn. I agree.

I had eye appointment yesterday, and the drops this time left me with blurred vision for the rest of the day. Didn't do much and was very tired. Vision has changed slightly, but no sign of cataracts this time.

Today, we meet with accountant, so we will venture and take the bus downtown. Parking is almost non-existent and construction on streets make it for impossible navigation. Tonight is Guild meeting.

Anita - I'm with you but unfortunately this week is not over.

Enjoy your day. Living vicariously through everyone who are gardening and enjoying their bulbs and plants blooming.

Ginny B
April 9th, 2019, 09:00 AM
Good morning everyone. Sorry to hear that winter is still hanging around for some of you. It's a bit of a cloudy morning here. Not sure what the weather will be but I do know that we will have a busy day today. My oldest ds is coming down today after work. He is picking up a couple plants and also a garbage can cabinet that we got for him on our trip to CT. Between that and the treadle machine, the car was quite full on the way home. So we will have a dinner and overnight guest . I am looking forward to visiting with him. We also need to head over to Kathryn's at noon. We will have lunch with them and then watch Henry and Tessa while she and Joe go to parent/teacher conference. After we get home, I have a call scheduled with my brother. He is 5 years younger than I am and has some questions about the process of applying for Social Security. Before all of that happens, I've got some chicken soup to make and either some yard work or some sewing room time. I do have the chicken already simmering in the stove so I've got a start to my day.
Tomorrow I have a nuclear stress test....which of course is stressing me. Lol.

I watched a couple of you tube videos about restoring treadle machines and I am anxious to get started. But that won't be today. :icon_bigsmile: Be careful if you go to your meeting later Monique. Suzanne, glad to hear there are no cateracts. Anita, it does feel good to make some progress in the yard. I hope you don't get too much of the white stuff.

Have a good day all.

JCY
April 9th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Well, some of the snow may be headed our way, too. Today is the last "warm before the storm" day with possible record highs. Then rain, switching to snow tomorrow night into Thurs. Depending on the area of the state, anywhere from 2-8" predicted. Worse in the upper Midwest. I have daffodils & hyacinths in bloom; they may get covered. Lots of tulips up, but nowhere near ready to bloom. One of my primroses is blooming already.

The dentist's office called yest. They had a cancellation, so I'm going in this a.m. for my crown prep. I prev. was scheduled for the 22nd. Might as well get it over with. DH also has crown prep work coming up the end of the mo.

My son's friend from HS passed away this week; his service is tomorrow. He'd been sick for a long time & then was diagnosed with stomach cancer a few wks. ago.

DS#1 called yest. on his commute home. Things are fine with them. It's always good to chat with him. I called my niece in TN last eve. Things not so good there. My SIL's care facility is under quarantine; so many are sick. My niece ran into problems with her move to another apt. Too long a saga to repeat here. But she certainly could use some prayers.

Tonight is our monthly guild mtg. No more time now.

KPH
April 9th, 2019, 10:16 AM
Good morning.

It's pretty gloomy here today. We've been in a stormy afternoon cycle for the past few days and expecting more tonight.

Jim ordered pizzas for dinner last night for Zeke's birthday. He enjoyed his pizza. carrots and cake. I just told Mike what to do for the salad. I don't trust myself with left handed cutting. I am getting better with left handed pouring though.

I talked to my vision case worker yesterday, she's coming next Wed. to see what services and giving me hints on keeping safe and being more independent. After she called, I called the window co. again. They have the parts and are coming next week. I talked to the 'boss'. I still haven't written a review for them, but they know if they aren't finished by next Fri. I'll be calling the trade commission, BBB, and writing my review with my calendar and notes beside me. So next week will be busy.

I showed Jim and Morgan Nana's quilt last night. Jim says she's going to cry for a month. I love it. I want to get it finished.

Time to go look at the kitchen.

Bubby
April 9th, 2019, 10:19 AM
Good Morning Everyone...I had planned to sew today but instead I have to go shopping for a new printer. Ours bit the dust today for the last time. It died an honorable death, good old HP 6600.

It's going to be very warm today and Jeff plans to mow after work. I guess our dinner will be messed up...need to fix something that will hold...maybe chicken alfredo, salad and garlic bread.

I discovered I have a skill I wasn't aware of. I had quite a number of 2.5" strips to sew together on the diagonal. Normally I mark them and then sew but I gave freehand sewing them a try and it's a cinch....who knew it's so easy! Every strip I sewed without marking was perfect.

Sorry to hear about your friend's son, Joy. Monique, I will remember your niece in my prayers.

Wishing everyone a good day....Hugs, too.

Claire Hallman
April 9th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Joy, we had a guild member move from here to the Denver area and she has joined a guild there. If a new member named Shirley H has joined your guild they will be very blessed. She is a delight and a hard worker. Hope you get to meet.
Our weather seems to be rain and more rain but I am ok with that. It will clear out the pollen and soften the ground so I can plant some dianthus I bought at Lowes for 50 cents. The plants look great, they had just lost their first round of blooms so the color is a mystery. I don't care what color they are and they will come back each year.:D
If the rain stops my day will be yard work.
I ordered some full line stencils yesterday, anyone have any advice about them? I have watched a video and have the pounce pads that have almost never been used.

MissMay in Jersey
April 9th, 2019, 10:43 AM
Just having coffee for breakfast this morning as my sister and her DH will be here later this morning with a bag of Brooklyn Bagels. What a nice brunch we're going to have. BIL heard we had a problem with our backyard cedar fence sagging in 2 sections so he volunteered to come over to help DH fix the problem. Wish our sons were that quick to volunteer when we need help. Sis and DH won't be staying too long as Tuesday is a day off from work for her so she has a lot of things to do on the way home, mainly to stop at their DS's house on Staten Island. Busy day for them.

Haven't sewn with my Pfaff for awhile and when I went to set it up I forgot how to thread the needle! Finally found the dohickey I missed and it's fixed. Needle eye must have gotten smaller as I needed a magnifying glass to thread it. or maybe I now need glass for close up work. Have you tried to read the label on a can or box lately? Got to keep that magnifying glass handy. 158539

Bubby
April 9th, 2019, 10:45 AM
Just having coffee for breakfast this morning as my sister and her DH will be here later this morning with a bag of Brooklyn Bagels. What a nice brunch we're going to have. BIL heard we had a problem with our backyard cedar fence sagging in 2 sections so he volunteered to come over to help DH fix the problem. Wish our sons were that quick to volunteer when we need help. Sis and DH won't be staying too long as Tuesday is a day off from work for my sister so she has a lot of things to do on the way home, mainly to stop at their DS's house on Staten Island. Busy day for them.

Haven't sewn with my Pfaff for awhile and when I went to set it up I forgot how to thread the needle. Finally found the dohickey I missed and it's fixed. Needle eye must have gotten smaller as I needed a magnifying glass to thread it. or maybe I now need glass for close up work. Have you tried to read the label on a can or box lately? 158539

May...you make me smile!! Yes, reading cans and labels is awful. Hugs....