PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Sunday

KPH
April 7th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Good morning All,

It was busy for a bit yesterday. Zeke will be 3 tomorrow. Mike and I went BD Shopping and picked up several board books for Zeke. Then I went to have my hair done, it's a good cut lousy blow out. This morning, I tried to fix it a little this morning, sigh, it will have to do.

I picked up the two quilts. They do look great, but they'll have to wait to be finished. I threatened to teach Mike how to bind.

Got to finish getting ready for church. I downloaded a Bible to my phone last night. I guess that's ready even if I'm not.

Monique
April 7th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Just a quick pop in as I have a busy day ahead. We are picking up my brother-in-law this morning and headed to the city. Meeting up with Greg and then meeting up with the rest of the crew for supper.

The butterfly quilt will be given today. I forgot to take pictures but I will do that when she opens her gift.

Wishing everyone a great day.

JCY
April 7th, 2019, 09:01 AM
Good Morning ~ I woke up before the alarm this a.m. I miss even those few extra in. of sleep. It's supposed to be nice again today. Yest. it was 80 deg. again. Great weather for the ladies' tea. It was sold out. Some of the men & young guys were our servers. They did a good job. Table settings included fancy cups/saucers. Food was excellent. The theme was A Garden Tea Party. The special speaker was good. Moms brought their daus. & gr. daus.

This a.m. will be church. I have no plans for stops afterwards. Not sure if I'll make it to the sewing room today or not.

Bubby
April 7th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Good Morning....We had a full but productive day working at the apartments yesterday. I like the young couple who want to rent our vacancy. After a few calls to verify their application I think we can rent to them. Jeff fixed the broken water heater and afterwards we ordered pizza and had a small get-together of a few tenants and us. The Girls had a grand time meeting everyone. We were tired to the bone and slept well last night....we even slept through a bad storm!

Monique, have a great day with the family and don't forget to take a picture of the quilt. I would like to make a butterfly quilt this year. I love them made in batiks because of the limitless blends of colors.

I'm off to make the scones I promised Jeff. Have a blessed Sunday friends.

JulieC
April 7th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Happy Sunday! It's back to work tomorrow. As usual, my stay-cation to do list was longer than what I could accomplish. Today will be busy as I try to cross a couple more items off the list. Highs are predicted in the 70's today, I'm looking forward to having the windows open before the rain hits this afternoon.

I saw the Babylock Jazz II at my LQS the other day; they added a needle up/down feature. Sweet! I bought a Jazz last year, it does not have that. The needle needs to be positioned just so to use the needle threader. The other difference is they added a large reverse lever. Not sure why they did that. The sales gal tried to sell me a Jane, but I am not in the market for a new machine right now.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 7th, 2019, 10:17 AM
Happy Sunday! It's back to work tomorrow. As usual, my stay-cation to do list was longer than what I could accomplish. Today will be busy as I try to cross a couple more items off the list. Highs are predicted in the 70's today, I'm looking forward to having the windows open before the rain hits this afternoon.

I saw the Babylock Jazz II at my LQS the other day; they added a needle up/down feature. Sweet! I bought a Jazz last year, it does not have that. The needle needs to be positioned just so to use the needle threader. The other difference is they added a large reverse lever. Not sure why they did that. The sales gal tried to sell me a Jane, but I am not in the market for a new machine right now.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!my machine has a large reverse lever to the right of the sewing area, and it is so convenient! Many of the mechanical straight stitch machines have this, so much more convenient than searching for a little button. You don't have to look for it, just reach to the right and push down. Glad to hear the Jazz added those things, I test drove the original edition of that machine, and what it didn't have caused me to turn away from it. Jenny sews with the Jane or whatever it's newest name is. When she uses it on her tutorials, the needle is a blur because it sews so fast.

baslp
April 7th, 2019, 10:22 AM
Good morning. Blue skies and 70 for today. We spent a lot of time outside yesterday. We enjoyed the comedians last night. Today is another stay at home day.. I hope to get a few more blocks made and sit outside and read.
Katrina— how long do you have to wear the cast?

Hav3 a good day.
Beth

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 7th, 2019, 10:35 AM
Good morning all,

I spent the morning in the kitchen. I cut up and prepped apples to freeze for pies or crumbles. I also made a batch of banana muffins. I added choc chips, dried cranberries and raisins. Last week I used a different recipe by mistake. They were much moister. Also cooked up bacon for use in Caesar salads and BLTs this week. Then I cooked a pork roast which we had for dinner, with brussels sprouts and basmati rice. I made more so I can make chicken fried rice.

Since DH was taking a course, I unpacked my new laptop. Oh it's so light compared to my old one, pretty and slim. Even comes with its own padded case. Now the frustration begins to figure out Windows 10. I had v.7 or 8 on my old one. My old laptop was reformatted with Windows 10, which DH will use for scoring so not connected to Internet. I spent all afternoon trying to create folders for my photos, which I have on disks and camera cards. At least not all is lost. This will take time. Thank God most of my quilt photos are on the iPad. DH is able to download these for me, so we can back-up. I watched YouTube videos on tips and tricks. Fell asleep exhausted.

Today is our GS's christening. So it will be a big family gathering, noisy and plenty of food. Its much cooler than predicted, single digits and freezing rain is expected later today.

Monique, enjoy your trip into town, be careful on the drive. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the butterfly quilt.
Joy - the garden tea party sounds like it was wonderful and a success.
Barb - who can't be delighted with the girls. Take it easy, don't overdo it.
Katrina - you need to rest your wrist. I have a friend who just broke her right wrist in 2 places. Her DH now has to take over. I'm sure he now appreciates all she does even more.

Enjoy your day. Be safe from Mother Nature, as she's been nasty in many parts of the world.

Ginny B
April 7th, 2019, 11:23 AM
Good morning all. We are back from our trip to the B & B in CT. We had a wonderful week just wandering about as we felt like it just not doing anything if that's what was our hankering. We visited The Kate........a Katherine Hepburn theater and museum. It was lovely. Now I want to watch all of her movies again. We did some antique shop visiting too. We were at one and as we were checking out (picked up some vintage Pyrex bowls) the woman asked us if we knew they had another store on the backside of the parking lot. She said they had larger pieces of furniture. We decided to check it out. We usually tend to wander in different directions in shops like that so I was meandering about and hubby come around the corner and says I should come with him. He takes me over to a treadle cabinet which we have seen many of on our antique shop visits but this one actually had the machine still in it. They usually don't. My heart went a little pitter patter. Well I opened it up and checked it out, took note of the serial number and I decided to do a little research before making a decision. I did a bit of researching over the next couple days, talked to my bff in California, talked it over with dh and, yes, we stopped by and picked her up on the way home. I have been looking for one of these for years. I am so thrilled. Of course she needs a lot of work and TLC to get her back in shape but that is an adventure I am looking forward to.

Yesterday was a beautiful day and we got a chance to get outside and work a bit. Today promises to be nice too before rain comes our way tomorrow. It's time to get the pot roast in the crockpot and then we will head back outside. I need to do a lot of catching up here. Katrina, so sorry you hurt your wrist. Prayers for a rapid recovery.

Have a good day all.

KarenC
April 7th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a muggy day, but I was able to mow the lawn, run some errands, take a nap, and quilt a charity top for the guild. Couldn't sleep at 3 am, so got up and finished off the binding. Went to the grocery store for essentials after church this morning. Now I am prewashing the backing for the 2nd charity top (since it is red batik). Once that is done, I plant to quilt this one today. Fortunately these lap quilts are lap size, so they go a bit quicker. If time and desire still exists after that, maybe I'll do some work on one of my UFOs.

May you all be blessed with a wonderful day today.

KPH
April 7th, 2019, 02:52 PM
I go back in 2 weeks, cast tech says that will probably be 2 more weeks, then maybe 3 weeks. At least it comes off so I can wash my arm.

I am resting it, just finding it hard to find a comfortable spot where it doesn't feel like my arm is in an awkward position.

Don't you just know that Lord's Supper today was awkward! I didn't spill anything! Yippee for me!