PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Everyone! It's been a minute!

SallyO'Sews
March 30th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Hi, Quilty friends!

Haven't been on the Forum in ages, but have thought of all of you often. Life sure gets busy, don't it? Things have been hopping around here to the point where I have put myself on a "what to sew each week of the month" schedule. I have sorted my sewing into 3 categories: stuff for the local gift shop (they seem to have an insatiable need for bowl cozies; part of that, I learned, is that some people come in and buy a bunch at a time and give them away as gifts to their business clients); stuff I need to get done for the November craft fair our church will be participating in (yes, it's a long time from now, but if I wait until summer, I'll be sunk); and stuff for me and mine. So there's always just a tiny bit of "git 'er done" in the back of my head, as I tell myself I only have a week to accomplish xyz. So far it seems to be helping.

My husband's uncle passed away a couple of weeks ago; he was my favorite (aside from my beloved FIL) of Ray's relatives; an amazing musician whose encouragement really changed the trajectory of my husband's life. I met DH in music school, and he would never have gone without his uncle's involvement in his life. Uncle Paul was also the last of his generation of men, which leaves DH as the oldest person in our extended family. So we're dealing with loss (well, he's not really "lost"; we know right where he is! \0/ ). We are Christians, and although we do not sorrow the way others might, we do still sorrow.

On a more cheerful note, for those of you who have managed to keep reading this far, here's another Kindergarten story from DD: She was teaching her class about the story of the Good Samaritan:

DD: Then some bad men came and attacked the poor man. They took all his money, beat him up, and left him half-dead in the street. A few people passed by, but did not help him. Then a very kind Samaritan man took him to an inn, and helped him get better.

C: Miss M, I have a question: Which parts of the man's body were dead?

Oh, the reasoning of a five-year-old! :icon_happy: Hope you and yours enjoy a wonderful weekend.

Love, hugs, and blessings,
~ Sally \0/

KPH
March 30th, 2019, 11:36 AM
You're a busy one!

The stories from your daughter's kindergarten are hilarious!

I was just on the phone with Jim, he was relaying the drama from pulling up the root balls of the shrubs they're removing. He sliced off a tail of ??? and it was flailing around on the ground. He tried to find what he'd hit, but couldn't. He knew enough about snakes to know it wasn't a snake tail. Anyway it was grossing him out, seeing it flip and flop. So he quit for the night and went inside. Next day, he found the tail. and started working again and found the rest of the lizard that it had belonged to. It was still living.

From there, I don't know what he did, but I can't believe, with all of his years with Scouting and his scout master being a herpetologist, that a lizard tail would freak him out like that. I guess he's not such a good Samaritan.

Ginny B
March 31st, 2019, 05:21 PM
Hi Sally. Nice to see you here. Sounds like you have been busy. I like your "what to sew each week" schedule. I have something like that too. I've been using Trello to keep me on track. And I love being able to move things over to the "Done" column. That November craft fair will be here before you know it so it's good to get things done now.

Sorry to hear about your hubby's Uncle passing on. It sounds like he was a blessing in your lives.

I have missed those stories from your dd's kindergarten class. :)

grammaterry
March 31st, 2019, 07:00 PM
me too, (missed thekindergarden stories) but glad to hear that you are well and busy.