PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have dreamed of wanting a Kitchen Aid Mixer?

redcaboose1717
March 30th, 2019, 05:06 AM
Hi Everyone!!

I was online just a few minutes ago, and I was looking for things I might purchase soon. I have some B-day money for my B-day last year, and have always wanted to get a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer (Probably the Artisan Model). I went to Kitchen Aid's website and got the shock of my life!

Due to Kitchen Aid celebrating 100 yrs (1919-2019) they are running a sale that I found hard to believe! I checked and re-checked to make sure I was actually on the Kitchen Aid's true website....and I was. They have mixers on SALE right now for ridiculously LOW...LOW....Prices.....( AND NO...these are NOT, I repeat, NOT RE-FURBISHED MIXERS!!!.....They are priced from $58.00 to $89.00!!!

Of course if you have been looking to get one of these mixers for as long as I have, I really thought (at first) that I was on some website that maybe wasn't truly from Kitchen Aid, etc.

So, here's the link.....Of course if any of you think that this sale isn't TRUE....please let me know....it looks legit to me...(although let's be honest, I am the one that has been sick for months on end right? LOL LOL!!!)

Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think.....( I am loving the mixer in the Misty Blue Color with the hobnail bowl!

LINK REMOVED, NOT OFFICIAL KITCHENAID SITE

Let me know what you think!!!
(To be honest, I've looked at the entire site several times in the last few hours!)

Hugs,
Sugar

LauraP
March 30th, 2019, 06:09 AM
SCAM ALERT!!!!!!!
I looked at Kitchenaids official site and while they do have some good sales going on, nothing this low. so I checked your site out and the web address isn't the same. Almost but not quite. Yours is kitchenaidsen.

While I was on the official site I looked at their time line. Who knew their very first dishwashers came in pink!?!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 30th, 2019, 08:31 AM
I'm happy that you did not order, especially now that you know it was not a legitimate site.

While I bake a lot, I still love my Sunbeam mixmaster that I've had for 45+ years. The KitchenAid is nice, my GF and DD have one, but they are huge and take up a lot of real estate in the kitchen. Mine fits nicely on custom drawer in cupboard, and the KA would not fit.

I love KitchenAid products.

JulieC
March 30th, 2019, 08:54 AM
When I had my house fire 10 years ago, my kitchen was a total loss. I bought a Kitchen Aid mixer (I did not have one before but always wanted one). It was a bit of splurge. I love it! I still have it, and it still works great. Suzanne is right, they do take up a fair amount of real estate on the counter. Which I do not have, so I keep mine in the pantry. It weighs 20 lbs without the bowl or attachments. I don't use it often; carrying it to the counter is not a problem, but down the road, who knows?

BethB
March 30th, 2019, 09:04 AM
I have a Kitchen Aid my husband gave me for Christmas over 30 years ago. I love it and it runs great. The only problem is, now that I am alone, I very rarely use it. Back then there were hardly any colors available --- mine is almond. Would love to have one of the more trendy colors available now, but not going to get one at this time.

Nancy

JCY
March 30th, 2019, 10:02 AM
Sorry ~ No Kitchen aide items in my kitchen. I don't do that much baking any more. I'm still using a 53 y.o. G.E. hand held elec. mixer! It was a wedding gift when I married my first DH. I've never had a stand-alone elec. mixer. Sugar, it's good think you discovered the scam in time.

Suzette
March 30th, 2019, 10:06 AM
I am blessed to have my mother's Kitchen Aid that she bought many, many years ago. It is still a workhorse! And man is it heavy! All metal and still going like gang-busters. And of course, it's that lovely mustardy-yellow color that was popular oh so many years ago. :lol:

KPH
March 30th, 2019, 10:49 AM
For years, I had my aunt's kitchen aid she had in her restaurant. It worked like a champ. When we moved, my big splurge for me was a new kitchen-aid. It just reminds me I need to get a stainless steel bowl for it. That will definitely be lighter than the glass bowl!

Bubby
March 30th, 2019, 10:49 AM
I got a Kitchen Aid mixer about 11 years ago and it's still going strong. Mine is silver but not chrome or stainless. Kitchen Aid also makes other appliances and we have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher....love it.

Sugar, I have seen some very good deals on them at WalMart from time to time. I bought mine at Lowe's.

Pandabear
March 30th, 2019, 11:09 AM
My KitchenAid mixer is about 15 years old. Nothing fancy, small 4 quart bowl but it works as good now as the day I purchased it. My husband bought the pasta rollers on eBay for cheap (and we then gave up cards 2 months later dang it!) and they work really well.

Vonnie
March 30th, 2019, 12:38 PM
I had a kitchenaide stand mixer and it ran great. It's really good for people making icing for decorating cakes. But, I'm older and that thing was heavy and I had to give up cake decorating - those cold bags of icing is not great for arthritis! So, gave it away to one of my sons coworkers who's wife was just starting cake decorating. That thing was about 30 years old! Still ran great. I still have my Kitchenaide hand mixer, it's about 20 years old.

GrammaBabs
March 30th, 2019, 12:49 PM
Mine came from Walmart several years back... under 100 i think... i used both hand and the KA... depends on how much baking you do... i am average,,, BUT i have to admit.. i am one of those that has to have ALL her things out where i can use them at a moments notice.. i enjoy cooking and feeding others...LOL My kitchen is small and i have nothing on the counter that i don't use... YES,,, all my friends have sparkly clean and open counters ,,, all appliances put away,, but they also do not cook that much,, I prefer my own food so my real estate is very filled...hehehehe..

birdscraps
March 30th, 2019, 01:02 PM
My DH bought mine for me for Christmas about 25 years ago. One of the few times I was actually excited for an appliance. I bake quite a bit so mine is in use all the time. Like others I don't keep mine out. I will usually ask my DH or son to get it out for me and they do it willingly because they know they will reap the rewards. I also have the meat grinder attachment because I ground all my meat and chicken when needed. I like the consistency better than the store ground.

auntstuff
March 30th, 2019, 01:10 PM
Got my stand mixer in 1983, still working.

auntstuff
March 30th, 2019, 01:11 PM
My DH bought mine for me for Christmas about 25 years ago. One of the few times I was actually excited for an appliance. I bake quite a bit so mine is in use all the time. Like others I don't keep mine out. I will usually ask my DH or son to get it out for me and they do it willingly because they know they will reap the rewards. I also have the meat grinder attachment because I ground all my meat and chicken when needed. I like the consistency better than the store ground.

Mine sits out, with a pretty cover.

redcaboose1717
March 30th, 2019, 02:30 PM
SCAM ALERT!!!!!!!
I looked at Kitchenaids official site and while they do have some good sales going on, nothing this low. so I checked your site out and the web address isn't the same. Almost but not quite. Yours is kitchenaidsen.

While I was on the official site I looked at their time line. Who knew their very first dishwashers came in pink!?!

Laura Thanks......I found this late at night (wee hours of the AM) and thought it was probably a SCAM.....but hey, I thought I would post it here to see what others thought....thanks!

The old saying "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is" .....usually is correct. Thanks for taking an extra look!!!!

redcaboose1717
March 30th, 2019, 02:36 PM
I had a kitchenaide stand mixer and it ran great. It's really good for people making icing for decorating cakes. But, I'm older and that thing was heavy and I had to give up cake decorating - those cold bags of icing is not great for arthritis! So, gave it away to one of my sons coworkers who's wife was just starting cake decorating. That thing was about 30 years old! Still ran great. I still have my Kitchenaide hand mixer, it's about 20 years old.

Vonnie, my mom decorated cakes for years with an old Sunbeam mixer.....She was so amazing with cake decorating! She had a friend that taught cake decorating at our local college and my mom's friend was always impressed with how amazingly real my mom's roses looked. (I can't make a Rose for a cake to save my soul....however, I can make a lot of other flowers from icing!!!

My mom's old Sunbeam mixer sold at an Estate Auction that my younger sister had while I was away a few years back. It's amazing how different some family members are when a parent passes away.....but hey, I don't worry about things like that.....it isn't worth it. I just remember all the amazing times we all had as a family years ago.

MissMay in Jersey
March 30th, 2019, 02:38 PM
I'm happy that you did not order, especially now that you know it was not a legitimate site.

While I bake a lot, I still love my Sunbeam mixmaster that I've had for 45+ years. The KitchenAid is nice, my GF and DD have one, but they are huge and take up a lot of real estate in the kitchen. Mine fits nicely on custom drawer in cupboard, and the KA would not fit.

I love KitchenAid products.

I also like Kitchenaid products, have a fridge the past 20 years, but not their big mixers for the same reason you don't. Don't bake much now so I use a handheld mixer or use the old wooden spoon.

When I was about 14 I bought my mother a stand alone Sunbeam mixer, used my baby siting money to pay it off on time at local appliance store. It was still going strong when she passed away 40 years later so one of my sisters kept it. I'll have to ask her if she still has it.

MaggieSue
March 30th, 2019, 02:40 PM
You can always count on forum friends. Thanks all!!!

redcaboose1717
March 30th, 2019, 02:41 PM
I got a Kitchen Aid mixer about 11 years ago and it's still going strong. Mine is silver but not chrome or stainless. Kitchen Aid also makes other appliances and we have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher....love it.

Sugar, I have seen some very good deals on them at WalMart from time to time. I bought mine at Lowe's.

Bubby....thanks for the info about WalMart & Lowes. We have a store here in Michigan called Meijer that is similar to WalMart and they have great sales on them too.
One of my neighbors said she got hers Kitchen Aid at Lowes and I think I am just going to look around and probably wait until decide what color I want.(thinking the White or the Stainless.....) I like the copper ones too!

Maria Sews
March 30th, 2019, 02:58 PM
I've had my Kitchen Aid mixer for many years now. Sometimes I use it a lot and sometimes it sits for a long time before I use it again.

I keep it on my counter not just because it's heavy, but because I like how it looks. It's a beautiful kitchen decor item as well as an excellent appliance.

PamelaOry
March 30th, 2019, 03:23 PM
I have a red one, stored in the pantry. It comes out at Christmas time to make up all the different cookies.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 30th, 2019, 06:42 PM
My whole kitchen is Kitchen Aid. I redid the kitchen several years ago and put in all KitchenAid appliances. They are all great appliances!

grammaterry
March 30th, 2019, 07:38 PM
Sugar, I opted for a mixer called a Blakesley 40 years ago. It is a workhorse and was also marketed under the name Kenwood. Kitchen aid fashioned their mixer after this one but with a smaller motor. I make bread and large batch cookie it it. They can be purchased used on EBAY and most of them were gently used. They ran about $1000 in the early 70's and many women bought them and rarely used them. I purchased an extra one (now I have two) to use in the restaurant on EBAY for $100 with the bowl, and the three standard utility arms (whip, paddle and dough hook with stain less steel bowl

Nwmnteacher
March 31st, 2019, 09:21 AM
Many years ago I used to make cheesecakes and sold them. The first thing I bought with my profits was a kitchen aide stand mixer. That was about 27 years ago. It still works great! Iím glad I bought a white one 😃

BarbaraB
March 31st, 2019, 10:32 AM
I splurged a few years ago on a Kitchen Aid and I really loved it. I used the dough hooks alot. The last time I used it though, I found that some kind of seals had let go and it leaked oil into what I was making. There's no cost friendly fix, so several hundred dollars gone. We get by with a hand mixer, but if I needed a new one, I would get a Mixmaster instead.

Simply Quilting
March 31st, 2019, 04:32 PM
About 18 years ago, dh bought me a Kitchen Aid mixer because he was tired of motors burning out on hand mixers due to making frosting. It is still going strong and it used often.