PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday hellos!!

Monique
March 27th, 2019, 06:36 AM

WOOHOO it's Wednesday and the last one for March. WOW how come March went so fast?

I had a rather busy day yesterday. Shopped all day, stopping at different stores to get different things. I did make it to a fabric store, although it carries a lot of different fabrics. Picked up some grey and violet fabric. Guild was good, it was show and tell and there were a lot of things to show. My friend brought me some dark purple for the binding on the butterfly quilt that will work just nicely. There was also a trunk show and sale from a new shop opening. She had lovely fabric but nothing really stood out for me. Her prices were pretty good too but still I didn't buy. I spent the rest of the afternoon visiting with friends until Les was ready to come home. All in all, Maggie Muggins, it was a very good day.

So the order of business today is to attach the binding and probably laundry. I can't get to the clothesline so I could hang outside yet. That won't happen for quite some time.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Welcome back Sugar, it sure is nice to have you back. We have all been very worried about you.

Carol336
March 27th, 2019, 07:44 AM
Good morning Monique and all who follow.

OMG Sugar is back - how wonderful. Welcome Home Sugar - we sure missed you!!!!

I haven't been stopping in much lately. This cancer business sure does require a bunch of different doctors and appointments. I still am on the fence regarding treatment. The surgeon and oncologist feel that chemo is probably not necessary, but they are doing one more test (on the tumor taken out during surgery) to make absolutely sure, which should take about 2 weeks. In the meantime I'm to make an appointment with yet another dr - the radiologist - and get things set up there so that we are ready to roll one way or another when the results of that test are back in 2 weeks. Phew. I will also be taking a cancer/hormone pill for at least 5 years - which will start when radiation is finished....I got that prescription yesterday.

My head is spinning. Fortunately for me, my Awesome DIL has taken off work and gone to all my appointments with me - she is amazing and asks questions I haven't even thought of yet.

Since I still have at least 2 weeks before I start treatment, DH and I are going to take a little trip to the beach for a couple of days. We both just need to get away and forget about all this for a few minutes.

Need some joe .

Have a fabulous day everyone

baslp
March 27th, 2019, 07:55 AM
Good morning. I am up and need to get moving. I have to go to an eye appt. in the city. The pug had us up at 4:30. It will be a long day here. I think that we need to keep her awake during the early evening ( just like a baby). I should have some some time to sew later today since I have to wait for the heating guy.
Have a good day.
Beth

KPH
March 27th, 2019, 08:00 AM
Carol, pass the joe! My pot is almost ready.

I should have a home schooler shortly. The Snyder man, ie the ac/heat cleaner guy, is supposed to come at 2. That pretty much will take care of my day.

I worked on tea towels yesterday. I'm thinking after J leaves home school today I may cut out some border fabric for a Christmas table runner. I made my DIL's parents placemats, and mug rugs out of the main body of the fabric. The borders are left, so that may be their Christmas present this year. Tammy has a 5 ft' square table in her dining room. It's beautiful, but she doesn't use table cloths on it.

Jerrod called yesterday, He's on CT for another check. His liver is only 6mm enlarged and Dr. Weinstein said that if he didn't know Jerrod he would have called it 'normal' in size. His cornstarch slurry has been reduced to 3mg every three hours, only as needed. Jerrod said he almost didn't know what to do when he doesn't have to take it, plus he's eating real food at teen age boy sizes instead of a couple of bites and that's enough! Holy cow, that one made the mom in me happy!

Welcome back again, Sugar! You've been missed!

Prayers for those in need, the needs are many as evidenced by the churches prayer request list last night! Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Ginny B
March 27th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Good morning everyone. Went outside to put some bird seed out this morning and it felt a bit chilly but I think it will be a nice morning. Maybe I can talk hubby into a walk this morning. He has to go back to the dr. office to get some more blood drawn. Seems they didn't take enough last week. It was a different tech that took it and he usually doesn't do that so I guess that was the issue. Then sometime later we will head over to Kathryn's and see if I can have any success at getting Tessa to take a bottle. She has been resistant. Kat is trying to get her used to taking a bottle occasionally so she will be used to it when she goes back to work in May. This evening I am meeting up with some former co-workers at Chili's for a bit of catching up. It will be a busy day.

Monique, sounds like it was a real fun day yesterday. Love your cartoon this morning! :icon_bigsmile: Beth, keep that puppy up and playing and wear him out. He'll get into the routine soon. Carol, enjoy your trip to the beach. Sounds like that's just what you and hubby need. Katrina, what great news about Jerrod.

Time to get this day moving along. Have a good Wednesday all.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 27th, 2019, 09:34 AM
Good morning ladies,

It's sunny and warming up. I'm thankful that we are having a slow snow melt. It's is heart wrenching to watch the weather channel and see so much flooding across the U.S.

Yesterday, I did some laundry while I cooked a small turkey and made a lot of vegetable soup. I cooked the turkey with different spices and bacon on the convection mode. I had a wing last night, oh my, it was good.

SHOCK- I also went to a new hair salon. I got a really nice cut, colour and added highlights. The place was busy and really posh. Really like the new do, until I got the bill. Holy tamole! I am either out of touch with prices, or there is more money in this area than I realized. I told DH and he gasped. I feel safe telling you, $220. without tip. Tip was cash only, which I never carry, so I had to apologize. Well a new hairdo is suppose to make you feel good, and now it doesn't. Then I cannot figure out how families were there getting cuts for their kids. Whew! A

DH was at his last class last night. So I went to my daughter to exchange the pj's I bought C for his birthday. He loved them. I also bought him a Paw Patrol summer outfit, which he flipped over. My DD & Max played a game until it was time for bath. Her DH was sick in the morning, so she had to get all 3 ready and drop off at school & daycare. She was tired. She manages a group of 8 people, and an older lady has been giving her issues since she started. Last week the woman screamed at her and others, so she now has enough info to start the disciplinary process. While my DD has been at the higher level reviewing actions taken by managers, now she is that manager. I know she will be ok. I don't think she enjoys this job as much as her regular job, which she got to work from home 2-3 days per week. Since this was an assignment that she was approached to do, she may not accept a renewal. I think this would be a good decision.

Today we go to our tax guy and also bringing youngest to get his done. We will go to LQS to pick up my Boomerang quilt. Yeah. Then we need to shop with his son for clothes for christening. I need to remind him to shave and get haircut before the day. I will be tired after that.

Take it easy Carol, and enjoy your break away and moments of peace by the beach.
Katrina - please to hear about Jerrod's progress.

Enjoy your day everyone.

pcbatiks
March 27th, 2019, 10:47 AM
Carol, I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing time at the beach.

JCY
March 27th, 2019, 03:51 PM
Good Afternoon, Everyone ~ I'm just now getting to the daily thread. I peeked in a 6 a.m. & saw that Sugar is back, but didn't have time to chat.

What a gorgeous day we're having! It's already up to 80 deg.! It was 76 yest. I took advantage of the nice day to work outside for an hour. Got the 2 clematis on the front porch cut back, broke off some dry stalks on the perennials, raked a bit, then watered. It looks better out there.

DS#2 made it all the way from Pendleton, OR to Evanston, WY last night. He drove 700 mi. yest. & was on the road 12 hrs or more. He found a very nice Best Western Hotel at which to stay. He's now making his way across WY on I-80. I've been tracking his progress on Google Earth satellite. I'd forgotten how barren that part of WY looks. I'm thankful he has good weather. He'll make it to his destination this afternoon some time. It's been a long drive.

Suzanne ~ I can't believe what your hair appt. cost! My goodness. For that price, you should also have had a massage, nails done, etc. Just look at all the $ I've saved over the years cutting my own hair! At the time I quit going to the beauty shop (>30 yrs. ago), a shampoo & cut was ~$20. I've been cutting DH's hair, too, for many years, too.

I needed to make a run to the groc. store this a.m. Things are put away. Now I need to eat some lunch. Happy Hump Day!

PamelaOry
March 27th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Boy did I sleep in! It was 11 o’clock when I woke up. I must have needed the extra sleep.

Still working on SS August gift. I’ve put hubby to work helping me square up, helps things move along at a nice pace.

I’ve made the mistake of letting my kids request quilts. They want all sorts of unconventional fabrics and patterns. My eldest wants a quilt made of hand woven fabric. I got some fabric that he likes off of Etsy but it’s really stretchy. I’ve been stumped but think I might be able to make him a rag quilt out of it. I sewed up a tester block yesterday and plan to throw it in the wash today to test it. We will see.

PamelaOry
March 27th, 2019, 04:42 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Boy did I sleep in! It was 11 oíclock when I woke up. I must have needed the extra sleep.

Still working on SS August gift. Iíve put hubby to work helping me square up, helps things move along at a nice pace.

Iíve made the mistake of letting my kids request quilts. They want all sorts of unconventional fabrics and patterns. My eldest wants a quilt made of hand woven fabric. I got some fabric that he likes off of Etsy but itís really stretchy. Iíve been stumped but think I might be able to make him a rag quilt out of it. I sewed up a tester block yesterday and plan to throw it in the wash today to test it. We will see.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 27th, 2019, 04:56 PM
Suzanne ~ I can't believe what your hair appt. cost! My goodness. For that price, you should also have had a massage, nails done, etc. Just look at all the $ I've saved over the years cutting my own hair! At the time I quit going to the beauty shop (>30 yrs. ago), a shampoo & cut was ~$20. I've been cutting DH's hair, too, for many years, too.

I hear you Joy, I'm still in shock. I guess it's my fault for not asking the price before I booked the appointment. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. There won't be another opportunity. You're right, I've a full spa day, massage mani, pedi, facial, etc for that price. Live and learn.

Glad to hear that your son is making good headway to his new place.