PDA

View Full Version : I have missed MSQC's forum soooo much!

redcaboose1717
March 26th, 2019, 11:13 PM
Dear Everyone,

It's been a long, long time since I have been well enough to get online for pretty much anything, but after a lot of therapy I am pretty much back to normal ( I think....but maybe my doctor(s) would have a different opinion) Although I don't want to get into the gory details, I have had a pretty rough year.

First, to all of you who sent cards to me, I want to thank you so much.....My DH John had forgotten about the box of cards he had saved that were sent to me via the mail from so many of you that were so sweet, kind and caring. Again, thanks so much!!

I hope to be able to get back to sewing soon...I have missed sewing and quilting so much. The therapist has advised me to take things easy and while I promised I would, as I was looking at MSQC's tutorials I haven't seen in months and months.....maybe there's some of you out there that have at one time or another been away from sewing for a while and might like to share what you tried to make/sew after such a long hiatus away from something you loved doing(?) My sisters have suggested something easy and small to begin with. My oldest sister has suggested that we start sewing together for awhile (basically she is letting me know she is doing what comes naturally for a first-born child...hoovering over her sisters and being watchful and loving!!

Anyway...I am so excited to be commenting and letting those of you who I have enjoyed interacting with here within the MSQC that I can't wait to start doing some of the things I have always done for the last 40 yrs that first is sewing which I learned to do when my DD was born.

Again, thanks to those of you who were so kind to think of me.....Blessings to all of you!

(((((HUGS))))
Jacqueline/Sugar
redcaboose1717

Caroline T.
March 26th, 2019, 11:23 PM
Welcome back, you've been missed. And don't worry, take your tI'm and before you know it you'll be back in full sewing swing in no time.

Anitamae56
March 26th, 2019, 11:24 PM
Have watched for you a long time and wondered about you, you have been mentioned many many times, everyone wanted to know about you. So glad you are back , I am one of those that read post everyday, but seldom make comments, so looking forward to read your post again!!

TMP
March 26th, 2019, 11:44 PM
I'm so glad your okay. I worried about you and missed reading your post. I hope you continue to improve and are able to do all the things you enjoy.

chelea
March 27th, 2019, 12:18 AM
Oh Sugar, I am so happy to see you on the Forum again!! You've been in my prayers for a long time.
For now, just hanging out with us here should help you get back in the swing and sewing with your sister sounds like a good idea too.
Welcome back!

Kgrammiecaz
March 27th, 2019, 12:51 AM
It is awesome to have you back. You were very much missed. Take your time to get back in the swing.

jjkaiser
March 27th, 2019, 01:12 AM
I don't know if I should say welcome back or welcome home! Sure is good seeing a post from you. Everybody was so worried about you. I bet you didn't realize how popular you are! Your sewing mojo will come back soon and it is a good sign you are peeking into the forum. Pretty soon you will be checking out the DDs and Friday tuts.

shermur
March 27th, 2019, 05:28 AM
Welcome back.....

Monique
March 27th, 2019, 06:22 AM

Sorry to hear you have had health issues, but so very happy you are on the mend. Your mojo will be back before you know it.

Swedish leo
March 27th, 2019, 07:37 AM
Welcome Back !

I am happy that you are feeling better!

I always turn to my string piecing when I been away from quilting. There is no 1/4" seam allowance to worry about.
Just putting 2 fabrics together and stitch. Figure out later what they will become .

Annika

KPH
March 27th, 2019, 07:45 AM
Welcome back! Sewing for babies is always a sweet place to start in my book!

Carol336
March 27th, 2019, 08:05 AM
Welcome Home Sugar. Boy have we missed you girlfriend!!!!

Cathy F
March 27th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Welcome back! You were missed by many, glad to hear your health is improving.

Carlie Wolf
March 27th, 2019, 08:43 AM
I was so happy to see you posting! I was thinking about you just this week and wondering, wondering, wondering. I missed you!

Ginny B
March 27th, 2019, 08:43 AM
Welcome back. You have been missed. How nice that your sis wants to sew with you. Such fun. Start slow and easy and before you know it, you will be right back into the swing of things.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 27th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Welcome back to the forum.

I'm happy that you are on the upswing with your health, and I know that sewing and quilting is exceptionally great therapy for body and mind. Take your time, it's not a race. You are fortunate to have a sister and one who sees. Enjoy.

JCY
March 27th, 2019, 09:08 AM
Oh my goodness, Sugar! What a surprise to see your post this a.m. I'm sooooo glad you're back with us. It sounds like you've had a rough time of it. So glad to have you back. Take your time easing back into the swing of sewing. We look forward to hearing more from you. God bless!

Bubby
March 27th, 2019, 09:11 AM
So glad to hear you are getting better...you certainly were missed around here. The sewing will come back and you will be in full swing before you know it.

Rhonda K
March 27th, 2019, 09:23 AM
Welcome Back! Enjoy your time getting back into your sewing world again.

Suzette
March 27th, 2019, 09:49 AM
Sugar you have been deeply missed! So good to see you posting and to hear you are on the mend! Hugs and blessings!!

MaggieSue
March 27th, 2019, 09:50 AM
So happy to hear your are feeling better, welcome back!!!

grammaterry
March 27th, 2019, 09:57 AM
So glad you are back. I was thinking about you just yesterday

Sharyn J
March 27th, 2019, 10:00 AM
Welcome back! You're been missed! It's wonderful that you have a sister to share sewing interests.

amartin24
March 27th, 2019, 11:07 AM
Welcome back and glad to hear you are on the mend! Take things slowly and don't get yourself overwhelmed by tackling something big. Sounds like your sister is in your corner. Perhaps allow her to take the lead during your transitional time.

LauraP
March 27th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Yeah!!!! So glad you are back. I was afraid I was going to have to come find you. Even if you can't sew yet just laughing with us will be good medicine.

Patty J
March 27th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Let me welcome you back too. Take it easy, follow directions and join in the conversations.

cv quilter
March 27th, 2019, 12:05 PM
Welcome back, Sugar. I am happy to read your post and know that you are on the upswing. I hope you continue to improve in health. What a wonderful gift to have a sister who will help you get back into sewing. In the meantime, let your Forum family lift your spirits. So much going on here....Check in whenever you are able.

geegeequilts
March 27th, 2019, 05:19 PM
Hello there stranger! We all have wondered & worried about you & hoped you were doing well. So glad to have you back. I am not the only one that missed you. Just like anything else you haven't done in a long time, take baby steps & before long you'll be back running marathons.

My email is the same so chat with you when you feel like it.

Yea! Sugar is back!

Gina

KarenC
March 27th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Very happy to hear you are on the mend. You have definitely been missed. Good to see ya again.

laura44
March 27th, 2019, 09:50 PM
Welcome back!

sewbizzy
March 28th, 2019, 12:21 AM
I just saw your post tonight....I have been wondering how you were...so glad you are better and want to start sewing again....i always look through my stash and UFOs after a hiatus...my dh had some health issues, so I am also trying to sew a little more....again, I welcome you back!

LLLinda
March 28th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Every time I see one of your posts I sing the Little Red Caboose song in my head. So good to see you are chug, chug, chugging along!

redcaboose1717
March 29th, 2019, 12:54 AM
Thanks so much for all the amazing well-wishes and Welcome back comments. It's great to hear from all of you...I have missed you all more than you will ever know!
I really enjoy the forum a great deal!
My cat Mason is so happy to have me home and feeling a little better! He just can't stop coming up to me and rubbing his furry ginger-colored head on my leg or arm and he wants to be pet all the time. (He is actually sitting right beside me as I type this and he is looking at me as if to say" Okay Mom....enough. I want to be held and I am missing my pets!!"

Again, thanks for all the comments....it's so nice of all of you!

redcaboose1717
March 29th, 2019, 01:00 AM
Every time I see one of your posts I sing the Little Red Caboose song in my head. So good to see you are chug, chug, chugging along!

LLLinda.....I have had the "redcaboose 1717" for almost 20 yrs now. We got our first computer in December of 1999...and at the time, my DH Terry was involved with the model train club in our city. At first I couldn't think of a user name or email address and one of my DH Terry's good friends suggested the email address.
When Terry passed away in 2002, I kept the redcaboose1717 mainly because everyone was so used to it. (the double numbers of 17 happens to be our B-days....we had B-days 4 months apart on the 17th of the month.
A lot of friends have asked over the years since Terry passed if I thought about changing the email address or user name, and to be honest, I have had it so long, it would be strange not to use it now.

Take care Linda....it was great to hear from you !

auntiemern
March 29th, 2019, 08:52 PM
Welcome back Sugar. I am not on the forum nearly as much as I used to be, but I can assure you, that you have been missed, and spoken of often. Take your time getting back in to the swing of things. Don't want you having a relapse.

Simply Quilting
March 30th, 2019, 02:49 AM
Glad that you are back :)

GuitarGramma
April 1st, 2019, 08:13 PM
Sugar, I'm so glad to see that you're back on the forum. Missed you a lot!

Tracie T
April 1st, 2019, 10:22 PM
Oh my gosh! It's very good to see you back!

Deegles
April 2nd, 2019, 12:45 AM
Sugar! I worried about you! I noticed long ago your absence and missed hearing from you, made me wonder if everything was alright. I am glad you are well enough to start a project no matter how small. Baby steps if that is what it takes. If you need anything let me know!

Star lover
April 2nd, 2019, 07:47 AM
Oh Sugar, I’m so thankful to the Lord, that you’re fine. I’ve missed you.....soooooo much. Take it slow, come here when you can. Oh my, you’ve made my......well more than a day! Lots of love and super big (but gentle) hugs!