PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning hellos

Monique
March 24th, 2019, 08:06 AM
Good morning friends. Another day another dollar, well maybe it is another 50 cents, LOL!!

We headed to an auction sale yesterday but didn't stay long enough to bid on anything. Went for a drive and ended up at VV and I bought a couple of flannel sheets and a grey sheet. I am needing some gray for a quilt, haha. Out for lunch and then back home.

One more block to finish on the butterfly quilt and then it is trimming and attaching the binding. Hoorah!!

Not sure what today will bring, except finishing the hand quilting.

Have a great day everyone.

KPH
March 24th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Good Morning Monique and all who follow.

It's mighty gray outside this morning!

The amaryllis that Howard and I bought for J to measure the growth, two Christmases ago finally has bloomed! It has two huge blooms. I sent a picture to Jim to show J yesterday morning.. just ready to open up and by yesterday afternoon at dinner, it was fully opened. Mike took a picture to send when he was cooking our steaks out on the grill.

I worked off and on yesterday on Gracie's quilt. I should have named it Peanut, as that was her nickname when she was little. I'll take it Monday to get it sent to her.

Now, I'm torn. I don't want to work on another throw quite yet. So, which SS project will I work on? Or... will I start on May's door hanging? I guess the real question, how far down do I want to dig for fabric to do either? I guess, cleaning up the sewing room should be the first order of business after I return home from church, or will I strip the bed and change to a springy quilt? Decisions, decisions!

The house insurance bill came yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's less than last year. I'm going to look it up later today, and check the fine print to see if any of the coverage has changed.

Prayers for those in need. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JCY
March 24th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Good Morning ~ The rain never materialized yest. The sun came out & it got up to 58. My tulips are coming up!

Yest. a.m. I called my niece in TN for an update on my SIL. (She recently fell & fx. her pelvis.) She was discharged from the rehab facility on Fri., so my niece had to take a day off work to get her moved into an assisted living place. My SIL has lost 10 lb. & is very weak, but she is able to walk a short distance to the bathroom with the aid of her walker. Otherwise, she needs the wheel chair. She'll be able to eat in the dining room with the other residents. She temp. was taken off hospice while she was in the hosp. & rehab, but now is back on it. I feel bad for my niece. She now has to vacate the apt. where she & her mom lived. The low income sr. apt. where she hoped to move has no openings yet. She's at the top of the wait list. She will have to store most of her furniture & belongings in 2 storage units. A friend has offered her a room w/private bath in their home, so at least she's not totally homeless.

I hope to do more sewing this afternoon. I'm adding the borders to the 2nd mini quilt. This a.m. is church. I need to make a quick stop at Whole Foods for more organic turkey bacon.

Time for DH's breakfast.

baslp
March 24th, 2019, 10:07 AM
Good morning. We will have a nice day today after a cold start. My big decision is what coat should I wear out. Yesterday my DH stayed home got the entire day. He even wanted to go to a shoe store to buy a new pair of shoes. He quickly found a pair and I did not have much time to look at the Naot spring shoes. I did make some headway on piecing my quilt blocks.

I plan on staying home and sewing and walking the dogs.

Have a good day.
Beth

Ginny B
March 24th, 2019, 10:19 AM
Good morning. It's bright and sunny this morning and we will get up into the 50's today. Maybe we will get outside for a bit. We do have our contractor coming over this afternoon to talk about a couple projects so we will need to work around that.

I did get some sewing room time yesterday and also got some embroidery projects set up and downloaded into my flashdrive. My day feels so much better when I get into my Happy Place for a bit.

Have a good day all.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 24th, 2019, 10:50 AM
Good morning everyone,
Sunny and bright, slowly melting the snowbanks, with temps just slightly above freezing. It's much better to melt slow as there is no flooding.

Yesterday was a good shopping day with my GF. On our way to the mall, I dropped off a small quilt at a LAQ that I want done with dragonflies. I found a beautiful a-line dress in royal blue and a white jacket for the christening. I tried on several pieces that went with the jacket including white pants. But reality, I rarely wear white pants. I will be able to pair the jacket with either navy or black pants, with a number of top I have in my closet. It felt good to buy clothes that fit, in my previous size 10. DH loved the outfit. I tried on many shoes but none were comfortable and the ones I loved, didn't have my size. I might have a nice pair that aren't for wearing with my usual grunge wear. I did buy cute socks. I don't wear plain, and I like socks that speak my mood.

Today, DH wants to go shopping to use up gift certificate for sports casual clothes at MEC. We also have certificates for restaurants in the area, so we will make it a day.

Enjoy your day!

Claire Hallman
March 24th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Congrats on returning to your former size, how lovely that would be.
I need to find someone to help DH get a rug from my sister's house. They have moved and it won't work in their new place but should be great here. I can't help since I still can't lift over 10 pounds after my cataract surgery. I am sure there is a teen close by that would love to earn a few bucks helping. BTW, my eyes are doing great, no pain and things look so clear now.
I did some sewing yesterday, got a top ready for borders which might get done today along with some wash.

LauraP
March 24th, 2019, 01:58 PM
What luck. The two ladies in the RV's next to us are both quilters. Not on our forum but still nice ladies. Got the laundry done and the tanks filled and emptied so it's back on the road again. No sewing till we are somewhere we can stay for a week or so. Maybe by Wed.

PamelaOry
March 24th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Good morning afternoon All.

I went to a quilting class yesterday at a different lqs, it was great! The group was friendly, the instructor was good, and it was free. All of this shops classes are free. I’m excited to sign up for more there now. It did where me out though, I slept hard last night.

Tonight is Sunday night dinner, our grown kids who live in the area come for dinner. Dh is going to make Alfredo and noodles, yum!

KarenC
March 24th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Good afternoon folks. Stayed home all day yesterday except for a quick trip to my weight watchers meeting. Fortunately, I was still at goal, so I don't have to pay. I was worried that I was going to be over. So yippee for my pocketbook. Once I got home I decided to finish quilting the queen size quilt on the frame. While I was in the zone, I reloaded the backing for the baby quilt. Today, I'm working on the binding for the queen. I think once that is done, I may go out and run some errands.

Next weekend is the bridal shower for my niece, so I need to take the time tonight and bury threads in her quilt, so I can wrap it up.

Finished my taxes earlier this week and filed electronically, so the only one left to do is DD's.

Until next time, I hope everyone has a good week. If you have a favorite team in the basketball tourney, good luck.

KPH
March 24th, 2019, 04:56 PM
158287 The amaryllis from this morning, it's even opened more this afternoon!

158288 This afternoon's finger work.

MaggieSue
March 24th, 2019, 05:10 PM
Beautiful blooms!!!

grammaterry
March 24th, 2019, 08:31 PM
I received a gift card at Christmas and DH checked the night we received it for the amount. Then I laid it aside until last week. I figured we could use it when we had lunch. It was declined. I came home and checked it. It had been used up the day after we checked online. Oh those pesky scammers. I would never buy a gift card. Money in an envelope works just as good and you know the recipient gets to use it.
Good morning everyone,
Sunny and bright, slowly melting the snowbanks, with temps just slightly above freezing. It's much better to melt slow as there is no flooding.

Yesterday was a good shopping day with my GF. On our way to the mall, I dropped off a small quilt at a LAQ that I want done with dragonflies. I found a beautiful a-line dress in royal blue and a white jacket for the christening. I tried on several pieces that went with the jacket including white pants. But reality, I rarely wear white pants. I will be able to pair the jacket with either navy or black pants, with a number of top I have in my closet. It felt good to buy clothes that fit, in my previous size 10. DH loved the outfit. I tried on many shoes but none were comfortable and the ones I loved, didn't have my size. I might have a nice pair that aren't for wearing with my usual grunge wear. I did buy cute socks. I don't wear plain, and I like socks that speak my mood.

Today, DH wants to go shopping to use up gift certificate for sports casual clothes at MEC. We also have certificates for restaurants in the area, so we will make it a day.

Enjoy your day!

PamelaOry
March 24th, 2019, 08:42 PM
What a drag! They must have somehow gotten a hold of your account number when you called to check the balance. I’d let the issuing company know, it sounds like the thief is within their ranks.

I received a gift card at Christmas and DH checked the night we received it for the amount. Then I laid it aside until last week. I figured we could use it when we had lunch. It was declined. I came home and checked it. It had been used up the day after we checked online. Oh those pesky scammers. I would never buy a gift card. Money in an envelope works just as good and you know the recipient gets to use it.

JCY
March 24th, 2019, 10:50 PM
A couple Christmases ago, my SIL & niece each were sent $50. gift cards (like a VISA or something) from SIL's sister. They were stolen from their mail. I usually send them a check.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 25th, 2019, 09:22 AM

Oh that's too bad Terry. I wonder if there's any way it can be traced back?

Monique
March 25th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Terry, I would call the issuing company and let them know, they might give it you just the same.