PDA

View Full Version : Sad day

BethB
March 23rd, 2019, 08:55 AM
One year ago today, I lost my best friend, my dear husband. We had been married 48 years, 3 months and 3 days. We are going to Indiantown Gap National Cemetery today to be with him -- at least for a couple of minutes as the wind is really blowing. When I get back home, I will spend the rest of the day, quietly, by myself. It has been a difficult year, but has gotten a little easier to deal with his loss every day. People keep telling me good times are coming --- can't wait until they do.

Have a great day

Nancy

JCY
March 23rd, 2019, 09:03 AM
Hi, Nancy ~ I also hope better days are ahead for you. The grieving definitely takes time, and one really never "gets over it." One of my friends who lost who husb. to cancer said she thought the 2nd year was almost harder than the first. I hope that will not be the case for you. Cherish the memories.

Astatoo
March 23rd, 2019, 09:12 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Nancy. Sending some ((((hugs))))) also.

KarenC
March 23rd, 2019, 09:20 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you today and into the future.

grammaterry
March 23rd, 2019, 09:23 AM
I cannot even imagine your sadness and pray for you and other forum members who are missing their loved ones.

sewbizzy
March 23rd, 2019, 09:27 AM
Sending prayers your way....blessings and hugs, too..

Carlie Wolf
March 23rd, 2019, 09:41 AM
Anniversary dates of the death of a loved one are always difficult. Allow yourself a day or week, or whatever, of mourning each year. This is normal and part of the grieving process. Take it as a time to honor their life and the joy of the times you spent with them.

My prayers are with you.

MRoy
March 23rd, 2019, 09:43 AM
Thinking of you today.

Rhonda K
March 23rd, 2019, 09:48 AM
May your memories of your husband and quiet reflection bring comfort to you.

Mimi_Howard
March 23rd, 2019, 09:49 AM
Sending you big ((((( HUGS ))))).

baslp
March 23rd, 2019, 10:02 AM
Sending comforting thoughts your way. I think that we learn to live with the loss.

jjkaiser
March 23rd, 2019, 12:19 PM
I remember when this happened and can't believe it had been a year already. Oh my. Sending good thoughts your way as you sort through all the memories of your long and happy marriage. May you find some peace.

PamelaOry
March 23rd, 2019, 12:51 PM
God be with you.

I lost my finance of 4 years many many years ago, he is still a frequent visitor in my thoughts and dreams, All this time he has still been a part of my life, just not how I expected.

GuitarGramma
March 23rd, 2019, 01:01 PM
Thank you for sharing with us what a tough day this is. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

KPH
March 23rd, 2019, 02:23 PM
Nancy, we just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Some days are grand, others just plain stink. I still have days when I'm terribly angry at Howard and just as many when I just miss him.

I'll keep you close in my thoughts and prayers.

MaggieSue
March 23rd, 2019, 02:27 PM
Hugs for you today!!!

NancyH
March 23rd, 2019, 03:17 PM
Hello Nancy,

My heart goes out to you. I lost my dad a year ago December 23. I cannot believe a year has gone by so quickly. My mom and I visit dad's grave a lot. It has been very difficult for all of us as dad battled cancer for two years prior to passing. Fortunately we were able to keep him at home during that time. It has been most difficult on my mother. They were always together no matter what they were doing and they were married over sixty years. We still cry a lot together and think of him every single day. I know they say things get better as time passes and I am sure it will, but some days it doesn't feel that way. We just try to remember all the good times and love we have for him. God Bless.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 23rd, 2019, 06:38 PM
Nancy,
I cannot imagine loosing my best friend. Don't think it gets easier, but I think the good memories will get you through this sad time. I also don't think that he would want you to stop enjoying life. Enjoy your quiet time.

Monique
March 23rd, 2019, 07:17 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you today and every day.

SouthPStitches
March 23rd, 2019, 08:08 PM
Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts.

pcbatiks
March 23rd, 2019, 08:17 PM
Hugs to you Nancy.

cv quilter
March 23rd, 2019, 10:46 PM
Beth, just want to say very simply, that I get the hurt and memories you are feeling. Been here/there. Bless you.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 24th, 2019, 07:21 AM
I think of you so often! The first year of being a widow is quite difficult, but as the years pass, things get a bit easier. Your spouse is missed no less, but your pain and tears take a break more frequently! Hope we can see you again in future forum retreats!

Connie Jo
March 24th, 2019, 09:45 AM
So glad to hear from you. So sorry for what you have been through. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hopefully, you will be able to find peace a little at a time. Hugs.