PDA

View Full Version : Friday Trivia: Popsicles

Star lover
March 22nd, 2019, 06:53 AM
Frank Epperson from northern California was only 11 years old when he invented the Popsicle.

It happened on an especially cold night in 1905, when he left a glass of soda-water powder in water with a stirring stick outdoors overnight. In the morning, the soda mixture was frozen solid to the stick, and the Popsicle was born.

Company lore says the twin Popsicle came along during the Great Depression to allow two kids to share a pop for only a nickel.

MissMay in Jersey
March 22nd, 2019, 10:07 AM
I used to love those double Popsciles, especially during the summer when my next door my girlfriend would get one after dinner and she would break one off for me. Thanks Frankie.

bubba
March 22nd, 2019, 03:50 PM
I always loved the root beer popsicles, oh and the banana ones too! Seems they were the rarest in the bag!

grammaterry
March 22nd, 2019, 08:30 PM
Me, I loved the orange, and lime and rootbeer. Never liked the red flavors...grape was okay and I hated the blue ones because they made my tongue blue.

bubba
March 22nd, 2019, 09:05 PM
Me, I loved the orange, and lime and rootbeer. Never liked the red flavors...grape was okay and I hated the blue ones because they made my tongue blue.

In the summer, we usually have otter pops in the freezer at the lake for kids....except they never get the blue ones!! Those are for Bunga and MM!!

PamelaOry
March 22nd, 2019, 09:12 PM
Banana was the best!

I always loved the root beer popsicles, oh and the banana ones too! Seems they were the rarest in the bag!

Monique
March 23rd, 2019, 08:05 AM
Hubby loves Banana ones too. Here we can buy just a box full of banana.