PDA

View Full Version : follow up on privacy post

grammaterry
March 21st, 2019, 06:06 PM
I just returned from an absolutely delightful lunch with the woman we didn't know if she was real. Sheis. She is so real I just wish all of you could meet her. I was immediately smitten. She is smart, generous , intelligent and oh, so interesting with her travels and I'm sure the stories she could share.
She brought me 5 big boxes of fabric for the project.
The first thing she told me was that shehad read the post about privacy and thought it was delightful that you all love me so much. ME TOO. She said we all should think about how public our lives are but not let it interfer or be too afraid. See, she had common sense too.
Thank you all for supporting me this week and helping me be a more thoughtful person. But, I must say, I haven't had this much fun in a long time.

jjkaiser
March 21st, 2019, 06:35 PM
I'm glad you had fun and she wasn't a wacko!

Cathy F
March 21st, 2019, 06:51 PM
Glad you had a good time, will your friend be joining us on the forum now?

KPH
March 21st, 2019, 07:35 PM
I'm glad you had a good time!

grammaterry
March 21st, 2019, 07:35 PM
O I encouraged her but she said she can't figure out how. I told her it has to be simple, cause I did it.
Glad you had a good time, will your friend be joining us on the forum now?

Anitamae56
March 21st, 2019, 07:53 PM
So glad you meet your new friend , she sounds wonderful. Hope she joins in here too.

Patty J
March 21st, 2019, 07:57 PM
What a really nice outcome. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

PamelaOry
March 21st, 2019, 08:09 PM
Yay! I’m glad you had fun, and hello to your secret admirer. :)

MaggieSue
March 21st, 2019, 08:29 PM
So happy for you, that all worked out well!! Friends are treasures!!!

Rhonda K
March 21st, 2019, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the wonderful update on your lunch meeting. It's nice to hear of a new friendship. I hope she can join us soon. Best wishes!

Carlie Wolf
March 21st, 2019, 10:29 PM
What project will you both be working on? Or was this a donation to your Shriner Project?

Here's super easy sign up instructions :-)

Go to: https://www.missouriquiltco.com

Click on Community in upper left corner

Click on Forum in the upper blue bar

Click on: Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now next to where you see log in entries

Fill out registration information requested.

Congratulations you are now a member of the Forum

TMP
March 21st, 2019, 11:45 PM
I'm so happy for you that it went well and how wonderful to have a new friend!

farmgirlretired
March 22nd, 2019, 12:27 AM
I really hope you don't let your guard down. So much of what you posted about your meeting just dosen't sit well with me. I read how the meeting went and what she said and found the hair on the back of my neck raising. She admitted she had read all of the posts and she told you everything you "wanted" to hear. You don't even know if this is her real name. Please don't go anyplace alone with her and always meet in a public place. I'm sorry to rain on your party but I think there is a scam coming.

Debbie Watters
March 22nd, 2019, 12:36 AM
So glad you had such a nice visit ... hoping for a great friendship to form between the two of you ... and YES, we all do love you, Terry, and worry about you ...

GuitarGramma
March 22nd, 2019, 01:06 AM
I'm glad it went so well. It's lovely that she gave you fabric for the Shriners. Most of all, I'm glad that everything went well.

And may I say? You're a better woman than I am, Terry. I would not have been brave enough to go to the lunch.

MHG Winnower
March 22nd, 2019, 08:12 AM
O I encouraged her but she said she can't figure out how. I told her it has to be simple, cause I did it.

Here's my curiosity kicking in. In your original update to us, Terry, you said she had read the original posts, so she is a member 'cause I didn't think you could see the posts unless you are. Maybe she just doesn't know how to post....ahaa a lightbulb just went off. It is easier than most people think.
How kind of her to donate to the cause of Shriners!

Doloris
March 22nd, 2019, 11:03 AM
Here's my curiosity kicking in. In your original update to us, Terry, you said she had read the original posts, so she is a member 'cause I didn't think you could see the posts unless you are. Maybe she just doesn't know how to post....ahaa a lightbulb just went off. It is easier than most people think.
How kind of her to donate to the cause of Shriners!
You can see all the posts, but you can't respond if you are not a member.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 22nd, 2019, 09:27 PM
Terry, I'm happy that you had a nice lunch and have made a new quilting friend. I think you and I (&most of us) have lived / survived long enough to trust our 6th sense.

Heck this is no different than meeting someone on-line. If I hadn't stepped out of my comfort zone, I would not have met my husband. I might not be retired, and I might not be quilting today. That would be a sad day.

Kgrammiecaz
March 22nd, 2019, 11:09 PM
You cannot see someones user notes if you are not a member I am pretty sure.