PDA

View Full Version : Thursday hellos!

Monique
March 21st, 2019, 09:19 AM
Good morning friends. I slept in this morning and I am very proud of that. As a rule I am up so frigging early each morning. Now mind you, it was with a little help but we all need a good night's sleep once in a while, right? My oh my what a beautiful day it was yesterday. I was out twice to get my mail. I think we are expecting a little rain today, not quite sure of that.

I didn't do much yesterday other than quilt. Oh I did have someone interested in a sewing table I posted. But for $20 she wanted to meet half way AND help load it. Well I could help load it. In any case, the deal fell through.

I had a visit from a friend yesterday who brought me fabric. I guess she isn't sewing anymore. What treasures, a halloween panel, a lot of jelly roll strips and 2 packages of layer cakes that might be called shirtings? suitable to make something for a man. Happy recipient here, LOL!!

I am still working on the butterfly quilt. This is the one I made for Maizyn but it is the same fabric and pattern for the one for my sister-in-law.

I heard excitement in Hubby's voice this morning as this is the start of March Madness (college basketball). Yahoo right? Not for me. So that means that I have to quilt right? Right? I don't watch basketball.

So that is my plan for today, unless hubby has something else planned.

Have a great day friends.

grammaterry
March 21st, 2019, 09:29 AM
No basketball for me either. No sports on the tv that I like. TV becomes ultra boring for me. DH doesn't have the attention span for movies so I read.
The new fabric is kind of like getting Christmas in the Spring...right? It will be lots of fun. Amazing how someone elses choices seem to spruce up our same o same o
Yes, yesterday was super beautiful. Our skys were Carolina blue and the wind had finally subsided. I moved the last wood pile out of the back yard So DH can finish leveling it for the grass. Since he took down all the big trees we will have sunshine back there for the first time and hope the dirt will grow something. You never know.
I'm off to lunch in a few minutes with my fascinating mystery lady. I hope she will revel me with stories of travels in Asia.

PamelaOry
March 21st, 2019, 09:31 AM
Good morning All,
We are experiencing wonderful spring weather all this week, I think spring is here for us. At least the birds and the daffodils think so. I ordered some bins to organize my WIPs and they arrived yesterday, I was so excited I got right to work organizing and here is the result:
My plan is to have each project in a bin (or 2 depending on size) and if I want to start a new project, I need to have an empty bin. Hopefully this will keep me from collecting ufos.

Have fun and be careful on your lunch, can’t wait to hear all about it Terry!

Ps. Not sure why the picture is sideways. If you click on it , it shows right side up.

Star lover
March 21st, 2019, 09:32 AM
Good morning all!

Rain here.....it’s spring, so rain is expected! Sure beats the frozen stuff!
I feel 5#’s lighter, after my haircut. It grows super fast. Over 6” in 6 months.

Monique, your quilt is beautiful! Love the butterfly fabric. Maizyn is going to love it!

Hope everyone has a blessed day. Hugs!

Carol336
March 21st, 2019, 09:34 AM
Good morning Monique, and all who follow. I got the same kind of helpful sleep last night Monique. Gotta love those tylenol pm's. don't use them often, but when I don't want to get up at 4am they are a godsend

As if I don't have enough on my plate right now - I sprained my ankle. Spent the day yesterday doing the RICE routine, It worked like a charm though - all swelling gone, almost all pain gone.

Gonna be a rainy day here today - good day to play in the sewing room.

You be careful out there today Terry. I hope your mystery lady is a lovely as she seems to be. STAY SAFE GIRLFRIEND

Wising everyone sew much happiness today.

Monique
March 21st, 2019, 09:52 AM
Yes Terry be safe, can't wait to hear how your meeting goes.

baslp
March 21st, 2019, 09:59 AM
Good morning. It’s raining and 45. I have to find my raincoat, since I have to take the pug to the vet hospital for a follow up appt. we want to see if her tumor has grown bigger. I did a lot of cutting yesterday. My wrist was hurting when I went to bed. I rubbed some Arnica on it and that helped with the pain.
We enjoy college basketball. My DH went to Duke and I went to UNC.

Have a good .
Beth

baslp
March 21st, 2019, 10:00 AM
Pam— I really like your storage items, thanks for sharing.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 21st, 2019, 10:01 AM
Good morning, good sleep here too. I'm surprised with the full moon last night that the cats weren't up all night, but they must be tired too. Spring is in the air, and the snow is melting slowly. I can see the landing and first step to the backyard. Squirrels and chipmunks are very active.

We had a nice ride out to drop off our taxes and visited the LQS for my free metre of fabric. I got one from Free Spirit and so gorgeous, so I bought a full run of the pattern at 1.5 m. DH saw a pattern from the new Stonehenge line, and got it and they cut him the fabric he needed for the large wall hanging. It is a beautiful line of fabric. We ran errands on the way home, so I was pretty tired. I made my splotched chicken recipe with leeks and asparagus. Yummy, and enough for another meal.

I think I will sew today, although I originally wanted to go to the Home and Garden show. I think I will save my feet from all the walking. Saturday I'm going shopping with my GF Pat.

Terry - enjoy your lunch with your mystery friend.
Anita - I love your pics. Makes me smile and laugh.
Pam - that's a good plan for your projects. Let us know if this works for you.

Enjoy your day.

Bubby
March 21st, 2019, 10:15 AM
Morning Everyone...We will be leaving in a few minutes to take Jeff for his appointment with the doctor. He has a laundry list of things for the doctor to look at. I have my appointment Monday.

It's going to be a nice day. We had light rain yesterday and it got into the 30s last night but it's already warming up. I can't wait to get back to work on the wedding quilt. I set it aside for a week and worked on my little hexie project. Now that I'm cross-eyed from that I want to work on something larger.

Terry, please be careful today.
Pam, your organization project looks great. I would need a whole wall of shelves to store my UFOs. It's good to keep yourself in check that way.
Carol, so glad you didn't break your ankle and that you are on the mend.

Today is the first full day of Spring...I hope everyone enjoys their day.

Claire Hallman
March 21st, 2019, 10:27 AM
I love that neat storage. I use plastic bins, also, but I have several different sizes and they do not look nearly as neat as yours. I do think that an empty bin is an invitation to buy more fabric.:D

Simply Quilting
March 21st, 2019, 11:32 AM
Good morning! The sun is shining and the birds are singing. Almost all of the snow is gone unless it was in a huge pile. As far as basketball, I enjoy following our local college men's team. They are currently 35-0 so three more wins at the national championship, they will have a perfect season. Interestingly, there has only ever been on other college team to do this in Division II. Last year, several of our best players graduated so many people thought this year would be a rebuilding year. Another tidbit is our starting freshman guard and his sister who players for a different school will both be in National playoff games. And their parents go to ALL of their games.

I finished the binding on one of my Secret Santa projects while I was waiting in-line for the basketball games on Sunday. I have another Secret Santa project that I am hoping to get done today if I make it into the sewing room. Today is dh's birthday so taking him out for lunch. Then I need to stop by to finalize the proof for the custom panel before it is sent in for printing. The lady okayed the main panel now it is just making sure the pictures are all on the yardage and everything is done right for the label.

The flood waters just continue to expand to the west of us (we are in a safe zone). Yesterday one of the towns had sandbagged trying to stop the flood waters but the levy broke. The amount of water was moving so fast that to compare it was to say that every 9 minutes it was filling the Chiefs (professional football team) Arrowhead stadium. With the water moving that fast, the damage has washed out bridges, broken levies and completely changed the landscape. The local people are doing what can be done for now. The local camping ground is offering free RV space to anyone from the flooded area that needs it. A couple different places have started collection sites for cleaning bucket filled with supplies. Due to the widespread area of the flooding, cleaning will be a long time process. And what is scary is the traditional "flooding season" has not even began yet. Because of the interstate being closed, the traffic is now rerouted through our town. Very thankful that we do have a by-pass to help lessen the in-town traffic as we had plenty of that for the regional college basketball games.

Have a good day everyone :)

JCY
March 21st, 2019, 12:08 PM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ We had 31 & light frost this a.m. Yest. was a beautiful day with a high of 68 deg. It might be the same today or even warmer.

Anita ~ Just love those pics you are posting. Today's is so cute.

With my caregiving responsibilities, sorry to say, sleeping in is not an option for me. My alarm goes off at 5 a.m. every morning! Ugh. I try to get to bed by 10 p.m. so I get 7 hrs. of sleep.

I have a big pot of Anasazi beans on cooking this a.m. Also a load of laundry is going.

Yest. I saw the surgeon's asst. re: my L. hand. Apparently my healing is par for the course. I keep hearing, it's just going to take time. Depending on the extent of my nerve damage, there is a possibility that the symptoms I had before surgery may never go away. Sigh. Still no therapy ordered. They don't want the hand over-used -- just normal activity. Next week it will be 2 mos. since my surgery.

My DIL hurt her foot recently. She has a spiral fracture & needs to wear a boot for 4 wks. DS#1 had a safe trip to Houston (for work) on Mon. & Tues. He could see the big plume of black smoke from the refinery/chemical fire.

The flooding this spring has been devastating for neighboring Neb. & other areas close to the rivers. CO could see some flooding come run-off season (usually May) due to the above ave. snow pack in the mts. At least we all should be good for the summer water supply. We live 2 houses away from a creek. One spring, when the boys still were at home, we rode inner tubes down the creek, -- me included -- several times. (I was younger & more energetic >30 yrs. ago.) It was a long walk back, toting the tubes, but it was great fun, even if the water was cold & muddy. Now most of the area creeks & irrigation ditches are posted with no tubing signs. Too many people have been hurt or got in big trouble.

I was curious about that Starlight & Splendor fabric (it was the DD earlier this wk.) I did an internet search. Not many of the usual fabric web sites carry that line. I thought M*'s price of $13.50/yd. was a bit steep. Well, eQuilter wanted $15.95/yd. for theirs. No thank you. I guess that FQB really was a good deal. But I'll keep using from my stash & be content.

Well, time to fix my breakfast & get on with my day.

KPH
March 21st, 2019, 12:50 PM
Good Morning All,

Second home school day for the week is in the books and I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. lol. I don't know if Jim will need to come over to grade tomorrow. He'd given some assignments over their two week spring break, so he might need the sitter time. He does want to discuss tuition for a coding course. At the amount he's saying... I'll pay for it. He did get all of his BS paid for by his scholarships and ROTC. It's a whole lot less than what I paid for Mike's tuition at NASCAR Tech (that he's not even using!)

This afternoon it's VERC for me. It's downtown on Florida State Campus... so what does that mean for me... just as much as it means for you. Not a clue where we're going, or parking or anything. We'll be leaving shortly. Hopefully, they'll be able to help me figure out how to cope with my shrinking field of vision. As of now, it's pretty much less than 25%. I put stuff down and then can't find it and it can just be a few inches away, but it's gone as far as what I can see.

Anyway, have a wonderful rest of your day. The squirrels have been entertaining this morning. J has growled them away so many times. I had to hide my giggles, J making that fierce tiger roar, and the squirrel looking at him like he's nuts. Once the door cracks, the squirrel runs away.

Prayers for those in need, there are so many and the needs are known. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.