PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tuesday!!

Monique
March 19th, 2019, 09:07 AM
Good morning friends. Late here this morning, I was up at about 3am and decided to go back to bed around 4:30 or so. I slept until 7:30.

I had a busy enough day yesterday and I did manage to get a little quilting done. I took the baby quilt with me as it was a lot smaller to carry.

This morning I have VQ so I will be off to that shortly. It is a nice bright sunny start to the day. Not sure if that will last for the day.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Star lover
March 19th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Good morning all!

Monique, I Hope you’re not tired throughout the day. That you got enough sleep. I hate when that happens! Bright sunny days are always great!

Sun shinning here and I love it. Cold, but hey, it’s still winter! Progress on the donation quilt. So many errands to do. So I guess I need to bet busy!

Have a wonderful day everyone! Hugs!

baslp
March 19th, 2019, 10:07 AM
Good morn. Anita- I like your cat picture! Yesterday morning I ironed many fat quarters for my quilt. I had my mammogram and then did a lot of errands. I stopped at our vets to get some meds and the tec who knows me looked at me and said — you look really tired today. I told her I feel really tired.
I tutor today and then have a neck massage.

Have a good day.
Beth

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 19th, 2019, 10:47 AM
Happy sunny day everyone,

Monique, I also woke up early around 4:30, PJ realized I was awake and came for a tummy rub. I don't mind as I fall asleep doing this. Then DH's alarm went off at 7:30 ('cause he wanted to get up early, but didn't). We kept on sleeping until 9am. It's going to be a long day and I can't take a nap.

Today cleaning lady comes, and I am taking off with my GF to pick up 5 VQC quilts that a new LAQ volunteered to do. She's done 10 quilts to date. This helps our group with the backlog. I will check out her studio, as she has good prices and her work is beautiful. I may bring her some of my tops to quilt.

I worked about 3 more hours on Canadiana, after we got back from Dr appt. I am liking the direction the quilt is going. It's more linear in quilting, and I will add only a bit of FMQ.

Gotta get cracking with my day. My thoughts are with families who are displaced because of flooding. After this brutal winter, this is not going to be a pleasant summer for many as they rebuild. Be safe. Stay dry. Be prepared.

PamelaOry
March 19th, 2019, 12:46 PM
Good morning All.

I’ve been up earlier than usual the past few days. Today I needed to go to the school with my son to get a form signed/notarized for his medical release for a trip he’s taking with his class to Germany this year. It’s very exciting for us as none of us have ever been out of the country.
After reading Terri’s post yesterday about privacy, I too, had second thoughts and removed my personal info from my user notes. If anyone wants to reach me, they will just have to pm (or google me) lol! I usually post later in the day so wonder if anyone even reads what I post anyway. Plus, I think I have a pretty boring life.
Absolutely beautiful day here again. Our ac has come on the last two afternoons as the temps have risen to the 70s.

Have a blessed day everyone,

KPH
March 19th, 2019, 12:49 PM
Good Morning,

Well, it's barely morning.

I've had two little munchkins. They wore me out! That's what three weeks without them will do to you. There was a lot of work along with a lot of Mickey Mouse going on today. They're over with Nana and Nandy now and I'm putting my feet up for a bit.

The lady at Vision Ed. and Rehab called, my appt down town is Thursday at 1. lol, now to find out where it is. Mike isn't going to be happy having to go down town, but that's the way it is.

Not sure what else is going on today. Chicken breasts are in the crock pot, I'm trying to decide on Pot Pie or Chicken and Rice. Right now it's a toss up. It's chillier than normal today, so something warm and a comfort food sounds good.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom, and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings. And definitely prayers for the local elections... may there be a enough votes to not have to go through more election nastiness.

LauraP
March 19th, 2019, 12:54 PM
Pam, I read your posts!
We have had to run the a/c the last two days due to temps in the high 80's. We are leaving Yuma in a few days and will start winding our way slowly back to Kansas. Need to be there no later than the end of April for a gyrocopter fly-in.

JCY
March 19th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Good Afternoon ~ Just now getting here. I was in the kitchen all morning making DH's chicken soup. With a 6.5 # chicken & 2 pkg. of legs, it made enough for 15 qt. freezer containers. Just now put them in the freezer. Glad that job is done. It's my most labor intensive cooking/baking chore. I prepped the celery & carrots yest. eve. after DH went to bed. I do 5# of carrots & 1/2 bunch of celery. The food processor speeds up cutting up the carrots.

I just now looked again at the DD, which hasn't yet sold out. I'm tempted, but I'm talking myself out of it, since I already have such a large stash. It's a good price. With the S&H it figures out to ~$2.14/FQ. That yardage is priced at >$13./yd. I really miss the "orphan corner" at my LQS. The previous owner would sell ends of bolts for 50% off & FQs for only $1.

We're having a mostly sunny day & close to 60 deg. It's warm enough the crocuses have opened. The lawn is starting to green up in places. That recent rain & 3" snowfall really helped.

Yest. our new neighbors (in the big house) put up a trampoline in their back yard, which is closest to our fence & house. I sure wish they had put it further away in another area of their yard. I hope it won't be too noisy this summer. We have another neighbor across the alley who built a huge skate board ramp in his backyard 2 or 3 yrs. ago. (Not sure how he ever got permission from the city to build that monstrosity.) I think he works with a youth group. Sometimes there are a lot of kids over there. The new neighbors across the st. so far are quiet. Early 30's -- a guy with his girlfriend.

I set my timer for 30 min.; it's about to ring, so this is it for now. I need to hard boil some eggs & wash the romaine.

sewbizzy
March 19th, 2019, 05:02 PM
Pam, I read your posts and the others everyday....and, I look forward to them....keep them coming...

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 19th, 2019, 07:01 PM
Pam, I also read your post and anyone else who posts later in the day. If not, I read the last posts from previous daily news next next morning.

Monique
March 19th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Pam, I also read your post and anyone else who posts later in the day. If not, I read the last posts from previous daily news next next morning.

I do the same thing as Suzanne, Pam. And I too have changed some of my profile.

KPH
March 19th, 2019, 07:19 PM
lol, I think we all come back at some point in the day to check on everyone. It's our little community.

Rhonda K
March 19th, 2019, 07:35 PM
Another late poster checking in today. Rainy here for the past 5 days. The little wall hanging is almost ready to put together and quilt. Then a challenge project from the LQS. What to make with a fat quarter? It can be any thing and fabrics can be added. I just haven't decided yet.

Hope you are all having a great stitching day!

KarenC
March 19th, 2019, 08:26 PM
Yes Pam, I read your posts too. I just don't post much anymore since I'm exhausted by the time I get on here now.