PDA

View Full Version : Monday hellos

Monique
March 11th, 2019, 07:04 AM
Good morning friends. Up WAY too early this morning. My friend Lynda may stop in and leave me her laptop so I can load TurboTax for her. She did and is now on her way to work.

Yesterday was a very crappy day so we didn't go anywhere. Elaina from next door came over and they played all day. They even let me have a nap in the afternoon.

I cleaned the screen behind the hose in the washing machine. It seems to have fixed the problem of it taking on water. It rained so hard yesterday that my back roof was leaking big time. Lots of pots set out.

Les had to work today we won't be going anywhere today either. I am hoping to get out tomorrow.

Have a great day friends.

Star lover
March 11th, 2019, 07:14 AM
Good mornin y’all!

Monique, sure hope today goes better for you......you deserve it!

It poured over the weekend, we now have lots of ponds. Much better than the white stuff! Winds stated howling, so when it warms up, maybe it’ll dry up some of the ponds. Suppose to get above freezing! Yippee!

There’s rumors of 40’s later in the week. Mmmmm, nice, if it happens. And there’s suppose to be some sunshine!
Now, if they could do something about the potholes! My, the roads are the worse I’ve ever seen. Every time we go out, cars are sitting from flat tires, due to potholes.

Not liking DLSTime....at all! The world survived for eons without it......I vote for it to go away! I see no benefit.

Hope everyone has a marvelous day! Love, hugs, prayers all around.

Carol336
March 11th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Good morning. I'm with you Anita - just can't seem to get used to the DLT. I really really do like more daylight at the end of the day, but these mornings are a bummer. I just can't seem to get my internal clock in sinc with the one on my nightstand.

Hope things start looking up for you and Mazilyn, Monique. But you know what...I'm sure she's just loving being with you and being stuck inside isn't bothering her one whit.

Countdown is on for my surgery (Friday morning) and I'm getting a tad nervous. I know in my heart that everything is going to be ok, it's those negative thoughts that keep popping up in my head that I could live without. Lots to do this week, with pre-surgical appointments and such, so hopefully I'll be too busy to worry too much.

Gotta get my butt in gear now and go walk with my walking buddies.

Have a great day everyone

Star lover
March 11th, 2019, 08:37 AM
Countdown is on for my surgery (Friday morning) and I'm getting a tad nervous. I know in my heart that everything is going to be ok, it's those negative thoughts that keep popping up in my head that I could live without. Lots to do this week, with pre-surgical appointments and such, so hopefully I'll be too busy to worry too much. e

Carol, I’ll keep you in my prayers. Hugs!

JCY
March 11th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Good Morning ~ Another dark morning, of course, with the time switch. We had sunny & 56 yest. One more nice day, then bad weather coming in on Wed. into Thurs. I'm thinking of re-scheduling my Thurs. a.m. dental appt.

Church yest., with a quick stop at the store on the way home for groc. I need to mix up my turkey patties today. Yest. p.m. I completed piecing that Antique Lace Block. It's going to be a 1 block mini quilt; now I need to decide on the border fabric.

No more time now.

KPH
March 11th, 2019, 10:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I woke up this morning, at 3:45. I was wide awake, naturally I woke up thinking about the garden star quilt and the left overs. It took a bit of being mindless, checking emails and playing a couple of hands of gin rummy on the tablet before I was ready to go back to sleep. I woke again at 8, more ready to face the day.

I'm going to get my teeth cleaned today at 11:30. Then I'll be ready to start working when we come home.

Aunt Catherine called yesterday. We had a nice visit. She and Uncle Bill will be visiting Aunt Jean and Aunt Alma on Wednesday. I told her to have Alma call me. It will be nice to have a visit with her even if it's over the phone.

The kids all seem to be over the crud. It's been nice to have a couple of weeks off and not having to keep them. I've been able to leave my work on the quilt on the dining room table stacked and sorted instead of having to pick up every day. I wish I had my old sewing room! Oh well, it is what it is.

The pastor and kids from PEP are returning from their Italy/ Greece Senior Trip today. They'll have the rest of the week to get themselves together before classes start again next week. Which means, I really want to finish up this Garden Star before next week and things return to normal.

The little squirrel that was waving at me every day has finally figured out that he wasn't coming in, so he sits on the rail next to the bird feeder and watches me while he eats the birds' food. I'll go to the door, wave at him and he scoots. He's an acrobat, that's for sure.

Time to get started doing something productive.

Prayers for those in need and thanks for all of our many blessings.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 11th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Good morning ladies,

I'm all for abolishing this senseless DST. I follow my circadian clock, and I woke up at 9 instead of 8. I may not adjust, so what's the benefit to having daylight earlier if I just sleep in. I miss it anyway. It's also screws up time zones as some states, provinces don't follow DST. Even the cats refused to adapt. They usually request their treat at 9pm. Last night it was 10pm. Ok - rant over.

Monique - so sorry you've got water leaks. That's no fun. Hopefully your fabrics are safe. We also got nasty weather, so we didn't go anywhere. I'm glad you are having a nice visit with your GD.

I was feeling a bit more energetic yesterday after lunch. I finished sewing up the last of the kindred pinwheel blocks. I have 47. Now to cut the sashings. I'm doing them all in white so the pinwheels float rather than boxing them in. I also serged the edges of 12 waffle weave towel fabrics. I remembered that I hadn't pre-washed (it's a rust colour). I washed 3 times, before I got clear colour catchers. Glad I did. I also have another 7+metres of same fabric which has been pre-washed and ready to cut. While its a dark, unusual colour, I have found some perfect fabric to add a border. Chickens in a coop, bicycles, wine bottles, wine corks. These will be for future craft show, or hostess gift.

Today I will go with DH to meet surgeon for cataract surgery. Hoping it can be scheduled soon. We will go to a nearby restaurant that serves Montreal smoked meat. It's the best, without the 2 hr drive to Montreal.

Enjoy your day. I hope everyone is safe from Mother Nature's sibling rivalry with Jack Frost and Old Man Winter. Nasty tornadoes, floods and storms. Stay warm and stay dry. Be prepared, be safe.

chelea
March 11th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Good afternoon everyone. We're having a heat wave today (48) with sunshine, and it's supposed to be this way all week. We still have about a foot of snow on the ground so hopefully by the end of the week it will be gone. Sure signs of spring: one of my silver maple trees has buds on it already and the swans have returned to the lake. They've found one corner with an overhanging of branches and no ice and seem to be doing fine despite the heavy snowfall.
Yesterday I finished the string quilt top; now to find a backing. I really need to stop with the quilts after that because I need to make a couple of machine covers.
I'm making a fennel salad, baby potatoes and salmon for supper.
Hope you have a peaceful day and find some time to sew.

PamelaOry
March 11th, 2019, 03:24 PM
Good morning/afternoon All.

Didn’t sleep very well last night, that pesky pain in my side was acting up. The doc reduced the dose of my sleeping pill and I need to let her know it’s not working. I need the higher dose to knock me out when I’m in pain. I have an apt. With her tomorrow, I hope she listens.

I finished the last embroidered block last night so now it’s time to set up the machine back in sewing mode. I’d like to get 6 blocks done today, we will see how it goes.

grammaterry
March 11th, 2019, 03:48 PM
DST isn't bothering me much, I go to bed at around 11-12pm and sleep till I'm rested usually 9 hours. I got up this morning expecting a dry day because I watched the weather and they promised me 3 in a row. Nope....raining...yesterday was 70 and glorious. today 45. I am embroidering the black and white quilt up in the sewing room over the detached garage. I set a baby monitor up there and in the house so I could clean. I am getting so much exercise. The thread keeps breaking and I go up there every 5-10 minutes to rethread the needle. I've changed thread, needles, and cleanedout the bobbin. Hummm….anyway...getting it done while I am also sort of getting the house done.
Leaving early in the morning to go visit DS and then on to DD's the following day. It will be good to see the GC's and that will only leave me a few more visits to catch up on the rest of them.

geegeequilts
March 11th, 2019, 04:21 PM
I don't like either time. Make it one thing or the other. It usually takes my poor body/brain 2-3 months to adjust. Furbabies don't do either time. Comes to dinner time it's feed us or we'll "talk" to you. Trust me your ears will be happy you don't hear the "conversation". As for being productive, my machine is being temperamental with its bobbin. I may just go back to bed until DST is over.

Gina

SouthPStitches
March 11th, 2019, 07:27 PM
For at least two weeks of DLST I am like a Zombie. I vote for leaving the dang clocks along Spring and Fall. At least I'm retired and can hide in my sewing room until the grumpies leave me. Its been a long winter and we just might be as warm as 60 before the end of the week. The deer and other wildlife are still visiting and eating the birdseed faster than we can put it out. One more mild day and the ground over the septic tank might just be visible. We saw a flock of robins as early as January this year.

Am working on a triple Irish Chain scrappy. I usually work with darker colors but this one is done in all pastels. Needed a little color therapy this time of year. This will be my fourth quilt top pieced for 2019.