• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Welcome Friday!!

WOOHOO it's Friday and today is INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!!

Well my work week comes to an end today. I have exactly half the quilt quilted. I will continue with that today. I also got the office vacuumed yesterday.

The back roof got cleaned and I am so happy about that. There have been a lot of roofs collapsed because of the weight of all that snow. Couldn't get to the back shed as there is probably 4 feet of snow. Les will be taking me to work today and he will be attending the big Golf Show in Ottawa. He is picking up a friend and supposed to meet Greg there. I have no doubt they will have fun.

Tomorrow I will be meeting Phil half way to get Maizyn. It looks like we are expecting more snow for Sunday and then changing to rain. The temperatures look really good for next week and we might be out of the deep freeze we have had.

And so, enjoy YOUR day, friends, and do something YOU want to do, after all it's OUR day!!
    Last edited by Monique; March 8, 2019, 04:22 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: Welcome Friday!!

Last edited by Star lover; March 12, 2022, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• KarenC
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2015

Good morning all. Well I am dragging today, need to get out of bed and get to work. Only have a 5 hour workday today, so not bad. I expect to finish the top for baby quilt today. Will see if I can visit client Monday to get ideas for backing and get her 2 quilts quilted. Tomorrow I spend the day with our guild's raffle quilt selling tickets at LQS. That's a wrap. Have a good weekend.
      Karen
      Spring, TX

Comment

• baslp
        The Guild President
        • Sep 2012

Good morning. I had a night out with a friend . We went to the flower show — Flower Power. We had dinner and caught up. I am cont to get ready to leave on Sunday. I may. Get around to some slicing and dicing of my fabric ( Anita— love this description).

Have a good day.
        Beth

Comment

• Bubby
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

Morning Everyone....I have a morning doctor appointment today and the roads are questionable. We had some light freezing rain last night. If I get on the road and start sliding I l turn around and come home.

I did some hand sewing yesterday and I sure have lost my mojo for that. Fronts look good but the backs....mercy!

Monique, I hope you have a wonderful week with your Little Lady!

Have a great day everyone.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2013

Good Morning ~ We finally got the fluorescent ceiling light in the fam. rm., which is over my cutting table, repaired yest. It needed a new ballast. To the tune of $219.! (which included a sr. discount!) -- seemed a bit steep to me, but when one can't do the job themselves, you have to pay. I'm thankful it's fixed.

Yest. I called 3 different friends, widows who live alone, to check on them. I have my evenings free after DH goes to bed so early. I make calls when I feel prompted.

I trimmed more HSTs yest. I hope to finish that today, then lay out a block for the Antique Lace pattern.

DH is waiting for his breakfast, so no more time now.

Comment

• KPH
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

I'm slow to move this morning. I'll get started sooner or later.

Yesterday I sliced and diced all the sashings for the garden star. I pulled 4 blocks out laid it out on the ironing board to decide if I wanted to do all of those friendship stars. lol, I have half of the sashing strips sewn. I'll continue to work on that.

Well, Jim's once again trying to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up. At the end of the month Morgan will be gone a week taking a class that will open more doors for her. So, it's going to be a challenging week for him. Now to get Mike back out hunting for a job.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom, and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

Good morning and happy International Women's Day.

It was 1975 when this day was designated. I had been working for almost a year, and I couldn't believe there was inequity for women's work and salary. I was young and naive, what did I know. I believed I could do anything I chose. The older women in the office told stories of job preference given to men, as It was assume didn't come back to work when they got married and had children. Really, I thought? A lot of progress over the decades, but lots more to be done.

image.jpg

I pieced more of the kindred pinwheel blocks together. I will end up with 47, so I will make a 6x7 block layout and save the orphan blocks for the back or to make pillow shams. I have been sneezing a lot this week, and this morning I woke up with sinus congestion and cough. So I may take it easier today.

Next week is March break and I would like to have the GKs over, but we both. have appointments every day. It may not be a good time to have them over.

Have a good weekend. Be safe n the roads. Stay warm. Stay dry.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• JulieC
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2016

Happy Friday, Everyone!

I took a vacation day today, I need to take my car to be e-checked and get tags. Highs will be near 40 and sunny, so not a bad day to be off.

I finished the wallhanging I was working on, and decided I need a break from appliqué projects. I pulled out one of my UFO's; I thought I had all the pieces for a small twinkling stars quilt, but I might be short one set of squares. That's an easy fix, though. I am looking forward to spending time in the sewing room this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Ginny B
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2012

Good morning everyone. Happy Friday. It's sunny here but still a bit chilly. We had a good day yesterday exploring a store we hadn't been to before and also stopping at Hobby Lobby (that was my favorite part). I did not get into the sewing room at all which was very disappointing but we did get to work on our budget for the rest of the year and I got all the rest of the monthly spreadsheets set up. I feel better when I can actually see everything in one page for the month. Today hubby wants to make a decision about what supplemental plan we will go with for healthcare after next month. Since he is not officially retired yet, we still have insurance through his employer . I may go have lunch with Ceil and then, since dinner is just soup and sandwiches, I hopefully can get some sewing room time.

Have a great Friday all. Happy International Women's Day. Let's all roar.
                    Ginny B
                    Levittown, NY

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2016

Good Morning All. Yesterday appt with surgeon went well, father wasn't officially released but we don't have to go back for another 2 months and paperwork is being started for the training prosthesis to be done. What scab he has left on the incision is a "healthy" scab. He is a severe diabetic so healing is much slower with him. We are off to the leg maker first thing this morning to get the paperwork started. I am hoping for a dry weekend... my weeds are getting too dang high and healthy with all the rain lately.

Roar!

Comment

• BarbaraB
                        Designer Diva
                        • Dec 2016

It's warming up here after waking to 5 degrees. The sun is shining and the snow and ice are starting to melt.
                        Yesterday was really busy, so today I'm dragging a bit. My rear end is about ten minutes behind me. I'm still waiting for border fabric for the latest quilt project, so I went digging and found my box of shirt fabrics. I had forgotten how lovely some of them are. The mice got into the box but a washing should take care of that. I even have some of what I think is referred to as rayon batik. Looks like batik, but its a little stretchy and slinky feeling. So now I'll set up my little machine and a serger, cutting table and spend the weekend making myself a shirt.
                        May you all have a wonderful weekend....
                        Barbara

Comment

• PamelaOry
                          Applique Angel
                          • Jan 2019

Good morning All.

International women’s day, rawr! I too, started out nieve (sp?) about inequality. My degree is in social work, you can imagine what an eye opener my schooling was.

Had a heck of a time yesterday with one of my swap blocks. It had parallelograms in it and I cut them backwards by mistake, so tried to put the block together backwards...did I mention it had y seams too...needless to say, today I am scrambling to come up with something usable out of the pieces. I don’t want to have to go back to the fabric owner empty handed.

I placed an order yesterday for some patriotic fabric and shopped through my stash for some Americana embroidery patterns. I’m excited to join another block swap to help get a variety of patriotic blocks for a throw. I sure do enjoy doing swaps!
                          Pam

Comment

• geegeequilts
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jan 2015

Let's hear a shout out for all the women here...International Women's Day or not. You are all AWESOME!!!
                            And the guys aren't too shabby either!!!

Gina

Comment

• Monique
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by geegeequilts View Post
                              Let's hear a shout out for all the women here...International Women's Day or not. You are all AWESOME!!!
                              And the guys aren't too shabby either!!!

Gina
                              No they aren't. LOL!!
                              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                              X