PDA

View Full Version : Ok What day is it? You know, come on say it, say it!!

Monique
March 6th, 2019, 08:49 AM
WOOHOO it's Hump Day!! We had a little more snow yesterday, well flurries. UGH, will winter never leave. THEY say the temperatures are going to warm up next week and keep climbing. We shall see if that happens.

It was another quiet day at the post office. Not complaining and thankful that I can quilt the time away.

We had a Lionette meeting last night. While we didn't solve any world problems, we had a lovely dinner.

And so today is more of the same and I am okay with that. Have yourselves a grand day, no matter what you do.

Star lover
March 6th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Morning y’all!

Yup.....HUMP DAY! WooHoo! I’m with you Monique......so done with winter.....and yet it keeps hanging on. 6’ now and ......wait for it......suppose to reach 20’ today! But with more snow......sigh. I’ve heard too, that’s it’s get warmer here over the weekend.....yeah l I’ll wait to see. They are more wrong than right.

Never saw my sewing room, so many chores. Keep mulling over what to make and want to use to make a couple of donation quilts. I want to shop my stash, so I just keep thinking......it’ll come to me.

Big hugs for all. Have a blessed day!

KPH
March 6th, 2019, 09:49 AM
Good Morning All!

It's sunny outside, but it's not warm. The heat has been on and off several cycles since I've been up. I'm so glad Alaska is out of the picture. I really don't like cold! lol, not too keen on hot either. Somewhere there's bound to be a place that runs in the low 70's all the time.

The samples of backing fabrics came in yesterday. I've picked out the backing for the hexies, and the garden star. I finished the last of the garden star blocks yesterday. My sewing room has got to be cleaned up before I get the white and pale blue out for the sashings. My paper piecing scraps are all over the floor and it's driving me nuts. I'll chain piece the day away once that's done. After I've cut all of the sashing and star pieces, that is...maybe I'll just cut today!

Toward the end of this month, Mike and I should be able to stain the new decking and fence. I'll have to order the stain to get the color I want. That might be something to check on today.

Prayers for those in need for healing touches, comfort, strength, wisdom, and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

BarbaraB
March 6th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Oh yay, another frigid day! But the sun is already shining and I'm ready to get sewing. Did you ever have a project that went together smoothly and you were kind of shocked? I'm working on my first log cabin and had some blips in the beginning that caused me to pack it up for a few months. But now the blocks seem to be going together well and I should be finished with the top in another day or two. I ordered backing for it yesterday from M* and it has shipped already.
Only another couple of days and the weather should start to mellow. I saw Robins the other day, and they must be really angry about the cold. They're here way too early. I can't wait to trade the turtlenecks for tank tops.
Hope you all have a sew wonderful day!

Bubby
March 6th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone...It's just 10 degrees this morning but it should warm up to 20 later today. Saturday is supposed to be much warmer but with wind.

I hunkered down yesterday and finished all but three of the blocks for the Love Letter quilt for my GDS's bride to be for her shower. I should have both quilt to my quilter in about a week. So far I just have stacks of blocks that need to be laid out.

Kat, I though of you while I was taking the papers out of 48 hexie flowers yesterday!

I'm cleaning out the fridge this morning. I need to get back in there and get things put back.

Wishing everyone a safe and warm day.

JCY
March 6th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Good Morning ~ A bit milder here this morning -- more seasonable. Temp. is 25 & it's supposed to be in the 40's today. I'll take it! The air quality has been bad the past couple days. Some winter days we get those temp. inversions & the "brown cloud" doesn't lift.

This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship. It will be my first time to play the piano since my surgery. I'll need to make a quick stop at Vit. Cot. afterwards. Probably will head home after that. Maybe I can spend some time in the sewing room today.

One of my DS#2's friends has been diagnosed with stomach cancer. He's had many other health problems for years. It sounds like they'll be placing him on hospice. He still has kids at home. One is 14. That's a tough age to lose your dad. Prayers for Mike & his family would be appreciated.

I need to get on with my day.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 6th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Good morning ladies,
I visited mom yesterday morning, she was having a good day. She was not in bed and had visitors before I got there. I put some lipstick on her, and she looked good. She was alert and cognizant. I spoke to the head nurse about them serving her lunch in her room. She was stunned and would look into this and other issues I raised. Mom needs social interaction.

I was going to run errands yesterday, but I suddenly became ill, so I headed home. Definitely a gastro. I layed around while Elaine cleaned, and I didn't have dinner with my GFs. I have been feeling run down since I got back from retreat, but I can take it easy next few days.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry. Be safe in your travels.

grammaterry
March 6th, 2019, 11:24 AM
In the teens here this morning. Too cold to go in the sewing room. My project is not working out. Must be my math skills. I'm ready to scrap it and just put a whole cloth backing on the new quilt and start that quilting process. Too much stress.
I have been waking up every morning this week thinking its Sunday. Strange feeling.
Losing track of time and days.

am2901
March 6th, 2019, 11:47 AM
I'm like Katrina in that I don't like hot weather, but I'm not keen on cold, either. We have extremes of both where I live (Texas). I told a niece the other day that I wish I could find a better place to move to, but other places have hurricanes or tornadoes or floods or earthquakes. She said if I found a place that didn't have those, it would be too crowded! I guess I'll just stay where I am.

Ginny B
March 6th, 2019, 11:51 AM
good morning everyone. It's Hump Day! WoooHooo! Actually, for the last week or so, I find myself having to really think about what day it is . When I retired hubs was still working so we still had basically the same routine in place. But now that he is home,I have to think about it.I

Sounds like you all are getting things accomplished in your sewing rooms. The only thing I have done since last week is working in the evening on my Farmer's Wife blocks and making Tessa a set of soft blocks. I need to get more sewing room time. I need more sewing room time for sure.

Suzanne, I am glad to hear your mom was having a good day yesterday but sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. Joy, I will keep your son's friend in my prayers.

Time to get more laundry done. Then hopefully into the sewing room I will go. Have a good day all.

Navy Wife
March 6th, 2019, 11:56 AM
Near 20 this morning and won't be warming up much. But the sun is shining and it's a wonderful day! I'm putting the cat on a diet today, so I may leave home for a while! She's getting so fat she can't bathe all of her.

I think I'll get my clothes on and go to Sevierville to my 2 favorite quilt shops. I need absolutely nothing, but maybe I'll be inspired.

chelea
March 6th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Good morning everyone. It's cold here too, 23. It's supposed to be in the 40's starting on the weekend. Will Spring ever get here?
Yesterday I finished my January Secret Santa project and made a good head start on the February project. Jan Patek is the designer for this week's Blockhead and it's a pretty basket and bird. I can't wait to get started on that. Still haven't put the top together for my string quilt.
This morning I was doing a little online research about Konmari-ing my stash. Quilt Addicts Anonymous has a tutorial for how to fold and store. It's amazing how little space your stash can take up if you have it folded in a certain way. I have double closet and 5 big drawers and my fabric is split between the two with no rhyme or reason. Drives me nuts. Now I need to find some storage baskets for my shelves.
I'm off to the vet in a few minutes. Our sweet 18 year old kitty isn't feeling well and I suspect it's a UTI. She had one last year and was so ill I thought we were going to lose her. Thankfully she takes meds without a problem. She's had chronic renal failure for over 2 years and her labs are close to the normal range thanks to a prescription diet. She also has fairly well-controlled hypertension and takes 2 pills every morning. Talk about 9 lives!
Have a peaceful day. Hope you find time to sew.

LauraP
March 6th, 2019, 01:58 PM
Are you ready to drool? I slept with the windows at the head of the bed open last night. We almost started the a/c yesterday. The temp outside was 80 and inside was 86.

I have been waiting for my diabetes medicine to come in the mail since Feb 22. It got to our home address on the 25th and they forwarded it down here but that's the last anyone can track it. So we have the Post Office detectives looking for it. In the meantime I have been out of my pills so I called my doctor in Kansas Monday to see if they would call the pharmacy here to get me some "hold me over" pills. Went to the pharmacy yesterday and they didn't know anything about it. I think the universe has it in for me!!!!!!

PamelaOry
March 6th, 2019, 03:27 PM
Good morning/afternoon everyone.

Things are rainy here, just cold and wet. Not much going on, still working on finishing up the exchange blocks.

Laura, I hope they find your prescription soon! I ran out of mine a few months back and it was not good, I got to feeling really sick without them.

Prayers for Mike and his family.

KPH
March 6th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Good Morning Everyone...It's just 10 degrees this morning but it should warm up to 20 later today. Saturday is supposed to be much warmer but with wind.

I hunkered down yesterday and finished all but three of the blocks for the Love Letter quilt for my GDS's bride to be for her shower. I should have both quilt to my quilter in about a week. So far I just have stacks of blocks that need to be laid out.

Kat, I though of you while I was taking the papers out of 48 hexie flowers yesterday!

I'm cleaning out the fridge this morning. I need to get back in there and get things put back.

Wishing everyone a safe and warm day.

I used plastic templates I found at Joanne's. They popped out easily! I have paper for the 1/2" hexies I bought for a Fairy Ring block last year. I'll be using them to make some Christmas tree tea towels for Christmas presents this year.

geegeequilts
March 6th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Yep, you KNOW what day it is! Woohoo! I have to quote one of my most favorite TV characters..."It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!". Blue skies & about 50 plus degrees. Woohoo! Come on say it....

Gina

geegeequilts
March 6th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Joy, will keep Mike & family in my prayers, specially the young kids.

Gina

JCY
March 6th, 2019, 08:38 PM
Thanks to those who said they'd pray for Mike & his family.

What day is today? Wed. - Time for the next episode of Survivor! Last week I dozed off during the challenge. Hope I can stay awake for the entire episode tonight.

Wow - I don't understand how Kansas is having such a heat wave! We made it up to 52 today. Lots of snow melting ongoing. The grass is starting to show up through the snow. It will give the rabbits more grazing areas. It's been rather limited since our 7" of snow.

Mail order prescriptions: We have not done that for many years. We now have the Medicare D Rx plan through Humana. We get our medicine at our local Walmart. I make sure to call ahead of time so we don't run out in case they have to order in something. DH has one Rx they always have to special order. Laura ~ I hope you get your medicine soon. I'm very thankful Medicare pays for the strips for my glucose meter; those can be very expensive. I test twice daily. My recent HgbA1C was 5.9, which came down from 6.1 the last time.

Well, it's almost news time. I think I'll hit the recline & read for a few min.