PDA

View Full Version : It's Tuesday alright.

Monique
March 5th, 2019, 08:47 AM
Well good morning friends. It's another Tuesday.

It was a very quiet day at post office yesterday. I had a friend come and visit me during my lunch hours. I quilted the rest of the time.

No all is quiet in my world right now and I hope it stays that way. I hope I didn't jinx it.

I was so sorry to hear that Luke Perry died yesterday after suffering a major stroke. So sad and too young. May he rest in peace.

So that's it for me. Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
March 5th, 2019, 09:04 AM
Good morning y’all!

I’m with you Monique; quiet is best, I like boring.....not one for drama, at all! Hope your day goes well......and that it’s not jinxed.

Kinda tired of waking up to single digits, getting to the teens and snow squalls.......alas, spring is still a couple weeks away.....and no guarantees it will act like spring, when it gets here.

Petting fabric, (shopping my stash!) trying to come up with fabric for 2 donation quilts. And trying to come up with patterns too. Part of the fun!

Hope everyone is doing well. Prayers for those going through health and life struggles. Thankfulness for soooo much! Love and hugs to all!

Cathy F
March 5th, 2019, 09:43 AM
Morning all,

Also quiet on our home front, the sun is shining and they say it's supposed to warm up a bit so all is good.

Will try and get to the sewing room for a bit today and get a handle on the mess. I just don't know who the sloppy sewer is that uses my room! ( That's my story and I'm sticking to it).

I'll leave you with this announcement-

Mother Nature apologizes for the late arrival of Spring. Father Time was driving and refused to stop and ask for directions.

Bubby
March 5th, 2019, 10:48 AM
Good Morning....Love your post, Cathy! Father Time really messed up this time!! It's 8 degrees this morning but the sun is already shining, so maybe it will warm a bit and maybe I can take a drive to the bank.

Comfort food has been on the menu here a lot lately, as evidenced by my jeans not wanting to button. We had spaghetti, salad and garlic bread last night and chili dogs, slaw and potato salad are on the menu for tonight. Tomorrow we will get back to our healthy eating.

The Girls have really been enjoying the ice and snow. Maggs and Sugar get on their backs and do a swimming backstroke and go the entire length of the driveway. Dot burrows in the snow. She comes in with huge snowballs in her whiskers, eyebrows and feet. It's a lot of work thawing them out several times a day. I keep a dishpan of water by the front door for dipping feet. That has been working fine until Maggs decided to sit down in it and soak. Then she jumped out, ran and shook all over the living room. Like I said, I'm ready for Spring.

I have all the heart blocks done for the wedding quilt. They just need to be laid out, sewn and borders added. I'm also working on a special quilt just for Katie for her bridal shower. I'm so thankful I feel well enough to sew again, even if it's just for short spurts.

Wishing everyone a safe and cozy day...with hugs....

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 5th, 2019, 10:49 AM
Good morning all,
Sun is shining, but this is getting old -- bitter cold. I can smell spring, or maybe I'm having a seizure. Mornings are slow again, stiff and sore, having coffee until Naproxen kicks in.

Yesterday was VQC group. I was cutting and prepping kits for next month. We had 8 finished quilts to hand in. I quilted and finished 3 last month, as did other ladies from home, and 2 tied quilts. That's good as the demand is high.

Today I need to visit mom this morning, as I know she is not doing well. She is getting more confused, although she has good days. I guess this is the beginning of the downward slide. She will have visitors today.

I was supposed to have dinner wih 2 GFs but Pat has decided to try out a new recipe, and dinner is now moved to her place. I would have preferred to try out the new chicken place, as I would have been home sooner. DH has a flight class tonight. I am really tired and feeling a cold coming on. This is my cue to rest. I may get to sewing room when Elaine cleans house this aft. I need boring nothing time.

Joy- I'm happy that your soon is moving closer to you. It sounds like he has found a good match.
Katrina - read that you are not moving to Alaska. Yeah!

There are so many weather disasters on the weather channel. Praying for those who have lost family members, are suffering and having health challenges. Stay safe. Stay warm. Stay dry.

KPH
March 5th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Good Morning All,

No kids, no grading, just me and Mike's still asleep!.... and quiet! I'm planning on researching all of these candidates, Why the mayor and city council are elected in the middle of no time frame is beyond me! Jim has no explanation either. Here's something else I don't get, no primary... but if you get 51% you're elected but less than that, it's considered a primary and then there's an election. Another thing that's struck me as strange... only 5 running for mayor, democrats and only one independent. Weird, I tell you, it's just weird!

Yesterday, the guy came out to install the trim on the two remaining windows. but they didn't tell him it was a trim call and there was no trim. The bug guy came for the termite inspection, he'll be back next week to spray. Naturally they were here when the kids and Jim were here. Zeke wasn't being watched so he ate a crayon right under his dad's nose. After everybody left, I did manage to do two blocks of my April door hanging. No wonder I was so tired last night!

MIL is at Blair Ridge Rehab. They were pleased with how much she's already doing. Hopefully she'll keep on that steady pace. She's determined she'll be home in less than three weeks. I told BIL if he needed me to call. I'd get on my broom and fly on up.

Gracie does have a brain tumor. It's slow growing so they're using medications and taking a wait and see approach as it's in her frontal lobe. I checked yesterday, my jelly roll hasn't left M* yet.

I'm hoping to have Nana and Nandy's Garden Star done this week. Ordered samples for backings to see what I want to do for it and my hexie.

Now that I don't have kids coming over this morning, I'm not sure what to do with myself... but I'll figure it out!

Prayers for those in need for healing touches, strength, comfort, wisdom, and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

baslp
March 5th, 2019, 11:37 AM
Good morning . Are temps have dropped again. It is 26 this morn. I am going to a massage appt later this morn. I found a kit I bought __ Cranberry Chutney. Looks lik3 I will be cutting pieces today.
Barb— glad that you are feeling better. Our springer loves the snow too; he buries his ball in it.
Suzanne— enjoy your dinner w your friends, usually when I try a new recipe we end up ordering pizza for dinner.

Have a good day
Beth

Carol336
March 5th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Good morning everyone. It's quiet around here as well this morning. DH had a skin check appointment and then some running around to do. I stayed in and am getting some cleaning done.....I don't seem to do much of that anymore and man does it show.

I had a text from x-DIL very late last night saying that the kids were off school today and the youngest DGD would like to spend some time with me. Soooo, it looks like we're doing lunch and then I'm trying to think of something fun for the afternoon. Her big sis might be coming also, so maybe we'll all do the mani-pedi thing. I'm so excited, because I don't get to see them all that much now that they are in middle school, and high school....they're just so busy with school and dancing and gymnastics and cheerleading and the list goes on and on and on. Thank goodness I have a good relationship with their Mom, she always keeps me up to date on them.

Haven't done much sewing the past few days. On Sunday I finished up the Circut organizer pads for the girls going to the retreat next month. Since then I've been just goofing off. Maybe I'll make myself a little lap quilt for after my surgery - not sure exactly what kind of recovery I'm looking at, but hey - a girl can spoil herself sometimes right? I kinda like that Stars one of Pat Sloan's that everyone seems to talking about lately or maybe one from Jenny's tuts - ah the possibilities are endless - LOL

Have a great day everryone.

Well I guess I gotta get this cleaning thing done so I can go get my girl(s),

JCY
March 5th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Good Morning ~ Just now getting here. I browsed some of the FQ bundles, but I don't see where $3./FQ is much of a bargain. Not that I need more fabric, anyway, but it's always fun to look. I've noticed now that any time I browse on M* I get cookies (ads) on my lap top. A good thing I regularly use the CCleaner to remove them every day.

Our low this a.m. was 5 above zero. It's sunny & may reach freezing today. I was out twice yest. The streets were so sloppy. I hate the mess it makes in the garage. All that frozen snow under the car drips everywhere. I have plastic pans I put under the 4 mud flaps, & lay newspapers all around. The papers were totally saturated this a.m. & had to be replaced. I need to make a run out to Walmart for an Rx this a.m. My income tax appt. is at 1 p.m.

I kept busy most of the day yest. with laundry. Did 4 loads. Trimmed a few more of those HSTs. Since there were 90 of them, it'll take a while to work through the pile.

Time to get my breakfast & head out to WM.

PamelaOry
March 5th, 2019, 02:18 PM
Good morning All.

Moving slow this morning, still need to get going with some coffee. ... there that’s better!
I finally stopped procrastinating and started our taxes yesterday. Some major deductions and credits we used to get have been eliminated or reduced, that coupled with the change in withholding means instead of a nice big return, we’re getting a very small one. We are lucky we didn’t end up owing. I ended my small business last year so that gives us some deductions we won’t have next year. We’re going to have to change my husbands withholding so we don’t end up in the red for 2019.

Been working on my exchange blocks in the sewing room. I want to get them done before I switch gears and get back to my 30’s project for secret Santa.

Well, laundry is calling. More soon...

KPH
March 5th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Well, here it is, after lunch and I've had a little visitor. I thought it was the young squirrel scratching at the sliding glass door, but it wasn't. It was momma cardinal trying to come in the glass. It's warmer in here than out there, but no ma'am, you're not invited in either.

I went back and I need to correct my post, there are no democrats running for mayor. 5 republicans and 1 independent. It's still an ugly process. It would be so much better if they said what they believed in and how they would like to work with each other to accomplish their goals A, B, C. But what do I know!

Jim's called twice, his cell phone and my house phone don't really like each other some days. Today's one of those days. He's going to Panera to grade essays. Morgan's asleep, she worked last night, kids are with Nana and Nandy. I have the garden star pieces on the dining room table, waiting on me to get motivated to sew them together.

Have a great afternoon!

grammaterry
March 5th, 2019, 07:29 PM
Worked on that back again all day. Still haven't got it. Maybe when I square it up things will look better to me. And then again, maybe I should just put a plain white back on it and quilt it.
Life is good even if its cold. We are well and MIL had a successful pacemaker implant.
Making cheesy scalloped potatoes with pulled pork and wondering if I need to make some broccoli or if I really am even hungry.
Sun shined all day today even though it was freezing all day. At least we didn't have any tornados. That is really awful. And those of you in the path, my prayers are with you as well as those of you who are getting those terrible winds and snow and ice north of us. Bless you all.