PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Sunday

KPH
March 3rd, 2019, 09:13 AM
Happy First Sunday of March.

It doesn't seem possible that it's March already!

I'm itching to have this hexie quilt done! lol, I have about half a row left and then I'm going to call it quits on it! I've been looking at backing fabrics, with all the colors it's hard to choose. I fluctuate between a simple muslin or something bright and just as colorful as the front, maybe a pale blue that would go with my bedroom. So many choices!

Yesterday, I tried to hint to Jim that if the kids were still really coughy maybe they didn't need to go to church. He and Morgan are both filling in this morning for people that are out, so I don't think he heard what I was saying. I'm dressed and ready to go, but it will be Morgan picking me up.

Last evening there was a car carrier on the side of the exit ramp behind my neighbors house broken down. Road side assistance came and while they were working on the truck, someone was going too fast for the conditions (it had been raining) and flipped their car in the ditch opposite of the truck. We had flashing lights, 4 police cars, no ambulances or fire trucks (which seemed weird to me) and tow trucks. They were still banging around out there at 11. Mike went out to look, but said everyone was walking around talking so he didn't think anyone was hurt badly.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday. Jim's on spring break this week, so I'm not sure what the plans are for Monday other than he's coming to grade papers.

Prayers for those in need for healing touches, comfort, strength, wisdom, and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 3rd, 2019, 10:23 AM
Good morning Katrina and all who follow,
It was loads and loads of laundry yesterday. All done, then I went to visit mom after I spoke to her. She was glad that I was back safe. I dropped off the paper flower decorations I made for the retreat at my daughter's place. We had a good talk. Her DH was out with the 3 kids. They painted the oldest's room and bought a queen mattress & bed frame/storage unit which they hope to put together today. I may watch the kids this aft while they put it together. They moved his mattress to the youngest's room and he will transition to double bed when ready. That makes 2 in queen size and one in double. These will be big quilts. I had planned on making the astronaut and solar system quilt, but now it looks like the theme will be hockey. I may make it for another one.

Mom was playing bingo with Elaine but I found her a bit confused. Elaine said that when she visited her last week, momwas usually in bed, and that they bring her lunch in bed rather than getting her up. Not good. Time for another talk regarding her care. I fell asleep in the lazy boy but had to get ready. A friend invited me and Connie for dinner. She made salmon with an arugula/walnut pesto, grilled small tomatoes, drenched beans and basmati. Another great meal and wine with GFs. We left early as my eyes were closing.

I will try to rest toda before next week's routine kicks in. Possibly visit GKS. I hate to leave Michael all this time, especially since I was gone all week.

Enjoy your day. Be safe. Stay warm. Stay dry as old man winter isn't done with us yet.

Ginny B
March 3rd, 2019, 10:28 AM
Good morning Katrina and all to follow. It's pretty sunny here this morning but snow is coming overnight. Yesterday we went over to my sister's and brought all her plants back, brought in the mail, stocked the fridge with some basics to get them by until the do their food shopping the day after the get home and cleaned the snow off their car. There will obviously be more on it by the time they get home but at least the few inches we got the other night have been dealt with. Today dh will get our grocery shopping done and he is cooking dinner so I have a bit of a free day. What will I do? Not sure just yet but I am pretty sure fabric will be involved. :)

Have a good day all.

BethB
March 3rd, 2019, 10:32 AM
Good morning everyone --- My guild meeting was scheduled for this afternoon, 2-4 pm, but we received an email last evening that it was cancelled because of the impending weather. We have already had about 7-8 inches from the first 2 storms ---Thurs night into Fri. and again Fri. night into Sat. We are scheduled to get another 5-8 inches beginning this afternoon and ending early tomorrow morning. I am snowed out at this point!! Thankfully, the supply list for the class I am taking was included with the email about the cancellation.

Yesterday I went to Target to pick up a couple of prescriptions and a few other things. I walked in the door and went to get a cart. Apparently, they did not bring the carts in from Friday night. The carts were full of snow and people were so disgusted they were pulling handfuls of snow out of the carts and throwing it on the floor. I looked around for someone leaving so I could grab their "dry" cart but everyone seemed to be walking out with their carts full. One person left their cart but as I went to get it, a lady from customer service grabbed it. I asked her about it and she said the man with the little girl needed it. I told her they needed to have someone out there drying the carts off. She said they did not have any towels. I went around to where they bring the carts in and finally found one relatively dry. When I left a bit later, there was someone out there --- with a towel --- drying off the carts.

Not much else happening around here --- just waiting for the next snow storm to pass through. Hoping this is the last one.

Wishing everyone a great day!!

Nancy

baslp
March 3rd, 2019, 11:22 AM
Good morning. It is the calm before the storm here. We may get 2-3 inches. I have to run up to the store for a few things. I sewed the biding on my wall hanging yesterday, now I need to do my DD full size quilt. I have to decide what project to start next.
Talking abut shopping carts— we have a grocery store that has a problem keeping hand held baskets. I was searching around and finally asked someone. She said that people have been taking the baskets home . They have a difficult time keeping them in the store.

Have a good day.
Beth

Monique
March 3rd, 2019, 11:25 AM
Good morning everyone. I had a relatively quiet day yesterday. Got into the sewing room and started sewing all these 3 1/2" blocks together to make a 9 1/2" block. I am so block challenged when it comes to putting these together. 2 this way and that way, 1 this way, the other another way. The seam ripper and I are getting reacquainted. So I guess I will keep at it with these. I work all week so I will be taking the butterfly quilt with me.

Have a great day everyone.

JCY
March 3rd, 2019, 12:52 PM
Good Morning ~ Sunny & clear here this a.m. & bitter cold. It was 3 deg. with a wind chill of -5. It snowed much of the morning yest., sort of brightened up mid-day & got up to 36 deg., but after 1 sun break, it clouded up again, & the temp. kept dropping. More snow came in the late afternoon & eve. The paper said we got 4" yest. There must be at least that much again, so it's a winter wonderland out there, with sparkles on the snow. Our neighbor has shoveled our driveway & front walk. We so appreciate him & our snow angel from church. Our church services are canceled today. I hadn't planned to go anyway. Some areas of the mts. are measuring the latest snowfall in feet, not inches. I noticed bunny tracks in the snow on the front porch & in the back yard. They don't seem to mind the cold & snow & will be out frolicking in the bad weather.

The batch of chicken soup yest. made 13 qts. In the afternoon I spent 30 min. squaring/trimming those 2.5" HSTs. Little by little I'll get them done. I don't want to overuse my hand. I hope to do some sewing this afternoon.

It's time to fix my breakfast.

KarenC
March 3rd, 2019, 02:10 PM
Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a busy one. Local quilt show with the grandbaby in tow followed by dinner with a friend. I think my friend was really excited to see the baby. No grandkids for her yet. She would be an awesome grandmother. Baby stayed for sleepover and now we have gumbo cooking for lunch.

Took the binkie away from the baby yesterday. I sure hope DD doesn't give in and give it back to her. Once he baby goes home, I will pull out the blocks for a baby quilt and stitch together.

Hope everyone has an awesome day and week ahead.

chelea
March 3rd, 2019, 04:37 PM
Glad to hear you're back in the sewing room Joy. I would imagine cutting is much more difficult than piecing. Hope you take it easy.

grammaterry
March 3rd, 2019, 08:27 PM
finished the top of that black and white "show quilt " of Oldmanquilts" and want to say, that fella has some patience. Mine were wearing very thin towards the end of this quilt. I'm pleased "I think" and am pondering on the backing right now. I truly have decided on using all three colors for the back and I think I have picked out an embroidery design that I will quilt it with. The quilt is 100 inches square. Anyway, that's pretty much been my day.
Its rained here all day and the excavated backyard is just sitting in mud. It will dry out eventually I suppose but they say some light snow tonight. We are getting teens by Tuesday night. I know you folks in the upper Midwest and northeast are getting slammed with winter but I was just getting used to counting how many daffodils had bloomed. So far 4. Can't wait to count the tulips. Boy oh boy, I am just wishing my life away...
I watched a commercial on line in front of a quilting tutorial that talked about this makeup product that would make my older skin look glowing. I was telling DD*1 about it and she said that she had been reviewing a product by Loreal that did about the same thing. She thought it was just a tinted moisturizer. So, I went into the bathroom and I put a little cream rouge in my moisturizer and voila...the results were great. I did have a little glow. I felt less faded and grey and didn't feel like I had to put on a bunch of makeup to achieve the results. Anyway, might try it again tomorrow. I don't look at myself in the mirror except when brushing teeth and hair so I forget how old and drab I have become.
MIL's pacemaker will be installed tomorrow so I imagine I'll be going into the hospital tomorrow. I hate going there and being exposed to all those germs. We've been so well all winter and I like it.
Made a New England boiled dinner for supper so, I'm off to plate it.
Have a good evening.