PDA

View Full Version : You are all invited!

LauraP
February 28th, 2019, 04:11 PM
To my house for coffee and oatmeal/chocolate chip/cranberry cookies. Make sure and bring your shorts as the temp is 77' so far today. Yesterday it got hot enough I almost turned on the air conditioning.

Just think how nice it would be if we could all meet and get to know each other in person. I've met some of you at the retreats but there are so many new people who sounds as interesting as the "older" members.

Maybe some day!

geegeequilts
February 28th, 2019, 04:44 PM
I've been threatening to go south for the winter but your 77 degrees in Kansas may change my mind, lol.

Gina

KPH
February 28th, 2019, 04:48 PM
It's a beautiful day here as well, since the fog burned off. So far the cold front they were promising hasn't brought any colder weather, but the day's not over yet.

LauraP
February 28th, 2019, 05:05 PM
Don't forget, we are wintering on Arizona but in a few weeks we will start wandering our way home. First stop is Elephant Butte Lake in southern NM.

azmotogirl
February 28th, 2019, 05:08 PM
I'm in the Phoenix area and it is just beautiful here!

grammaterry
February 28th, 2019, 06:26 PM
Heck, I was just getting ready toget your address and be on my way.

cv quilter
February 28th, 2019, 06:30 PM
I'm in Prescott AZ. Are you nearby???? Your coffee and cookies offer sounds wonderful! Really, if you are nearby it would be great to meet you. We are a mile high in Prescott, so we got that doozy of a snow storm a week ago today. Most of it has melted off and today is 59 degrees. your 77 degrees sounds awesome.

nativetexan
February 28th, 2019, 07:29 PM
OH I bet the cookies are all gone by now! i'm sitting here with a blanket over my legs in Texas!

jjkaiser
February 28th, 2019, 07:45 PM
Ooh that sounds heavenly. Lucky you!! It's 10 degrees here in Wisconsin and snow piled high everywhere you go. Have a fire going in the fireplace and boy we have burned through the wood this winter! Temps expected this weekend below zero again. Even the 40's would sure be great, melt some of this white stuff and the ice underneath it all. Every time I get my hopes up that the worst is behind us we get deluged with another couple inches and it never gets warm enough to melt off. But if any of you get lonesome for cold weather my door is always open lol.

Carol336
February 28th, 2019, 07:51 PM
Oh my those cookies sound soooooo yummy, and this girl could sure use some comfort food right about now...not to mention having a get together with an awesome group of forum friends!!!! Not sure how to get to KS from MD, but if it's on my way Terry - I'll pick you up.

Tracie T
February 28th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Oh my those cookies sound soooooo yummy, and this girl could sure use some comfort food right about now...not to mention having a get together with an awesome group of forum friends!!!! Not sure how to get to KS from MD, but if it's on my way Terry - I'll pick you up.

Carol, I'll run down to MD from PA and pick you up and then we'll use Google Maps to find Terry....no problem! LOL We'll probably have to stop for more cookies though. BTW, 28 degrees here in PA. 70's sounds great....I'd even take a high 60's.

LauraP
February 28th, 2019, 09:26 PM
I'm in Prescott AZ. Are you nearby???? Your coffee and cookies offer sounds wonderful! Really, if you are nearby it would be great to meet you. We are a mile high in Prescott, so we got that doozy of a snow storm a week ago today. Most of it has melted off and today is 59 degrees. your 77 degrees sounds awesome.

We are in Quartzite, 20 miles from CA and 60ish miles north of Yuma. Next week we are moving closer to Yuma.

Kgrammiecaz
February 28th, 2019, 11:32 PM
Laura and gang, wait for me. I am all for gathering the forum. What a hoot and sight that would be to see.

Star lover
March 1st, 2019, 07:51 AM
Mmmmmm 70’s sounds fabulous! ......but getting to see, visit, get to know y’all......priceless!......someday.......?

Monique
March 1st, 2019, 07:53 AM
I would take you up on the offer but it might take me a couple of days to get there, lol!!

This is a picture of the front of my house. I could use some warmer weather.

shermur
March 1st, 2019, 08:00 AM
LauraP....it sounds so wonderful...this Northeastern winter has been quite horrendous this season. I am hoping for spring soon! And like you, I would so enjoy the company of fellow forum friends to share the quilting passions and bond!

Quilty hugs to you and so jealous of the warm weather you are experiencing! I see that you live in SE Kansas; how far are you from Joplin, Missouri. I have a sister that lives near Joplin......

Georgie Girl
March 1st, 2019, 09:40 AM
If only I could get down my icy driveway.

grammaterry
March 1st, 2019, 11:11 AM
Just give me a days notice and I'll be ready.

cv quilter
March 1st, 2019, 11:27 AM
Laura, we were just in Quartzite mid February and then Lake Havasu. Darn, might have crossed your path and not known it!!
I'm heading to a quilting retreat in Memphis, TN end of March through April 6. I am looking forward to spending some time getting to know the ladies better and get some quilting time in.

MaggieSue
March 1st, 2019, 01:52 PM
Such a fun post to read about all of our quilting friends!!!

quiltingaway
March 1st, 2019, 02:05 PM
Don't forget, we are wintering on Arizona but in a few weeks we will start wandering our way home. First stop is Elephant Butte Lake in southern NM.

I want a full report on the lake/area. We were in the general area a couple years ago but didn't go to the lake. Now DH is really interested in going back to check it out.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 2nd, 2019, 11:04 AM
That would be fun. Hey Monique, we could drive together. After Monday's drive to the retreat, I can drive through any storm. But as you said, I probably need to wait for the snow to melt a bit. Here's the view looking out my front door.