PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, the last day of Feb 2019

Monique
February 28th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Good morning. I have a challenge for you all. No buying any fabric on Feb 29, 30 or 31 okay? LOL!!

I didn't do much yesterday except laundry. Yes I did get into my sewing room, no sewing but cutting. Speaking of cutting, I sliced my thumb with a large knife while preparing dinner last night. Stupidity it what it was. Good thing it is my left hand.

Don't know what today will bring yet. Chatting with Blondie she is now making doll clothes for her granddaughter's AG doll. She also continues to work on the COC quilts. I am sure she would love to hear from you, drop her a line.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
February 28th, 2019, 08:50 AM
Good day to all!

Oh Monique, I sure hope you heal fast.....I hate it when I cut myself! I recently changed the blade on my rotary cutter. Wasnít to long after I saw lots of blood. I have no idea how it happened......I never felt a thing! Thankfully no fabric was harmed in the process...... itís healed and so far all is good.

Iíll take you up on the challenge.....weíll see if I can do it.....I think I can......I think I can! :D

Got several rows sewed together and then attached together.......hoping to finish by the weekend, time will tell. Iíve got lots to do today, lots of errands, so I may not get much done today.

Storms are brewing for the weekend......oh joy......another round. Just shoveled several inches yesterday.

Praying that Joyís hand is healing OK. Prayers for many more. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hugs.

Bubby
February 28th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Good Morning Everyone...We have a treacherous layer of ice on everything again with more to come over the next few days. ilt today

I got a little sewing done yesterday. I hope to work on the wedding quilt today.

Will check in later...I have a whining dog and Dottie needs something from me.

Have a great day friends...

baslp
February 28th, 2019, 09:20 AM
Good morning. Anothother quiet day here. I go for a massage later this morning. I may make the drive to get some thread so I can finish my other quilt. My DS starts his spring break tomorrow. He will be coming home for a week.

Have a good day and stay warm and safe
Beth

MRoy
February 28th, 2019, 09:23 AM
Good morning! It's my last workday for this week. I'm going back into full retirement mid-May and I can't wait! We've had some warm, DRY days this week. They were really needed. We've had so much rain this year that our lake is at the highest level in it's history. The Corp of Engineers is releasing lots more water into the river and some flooding has occurred. We live on high ground at the other end of the county so we're okay.
Not much sewing going on at home...I have a donation quilt project started that I work on at sit-n-sews. It's time to work on income taxes too. Hope everyone has a great day and weekend ahead.

JCY
February 28th, 2019, 10:11 AM
Anita ~ Love these cute pics you've been posting recently!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ A busy day yest. with several errands, but I managed to get them done in a timely fashion, get my groc. home, put away, gobbled a quick lunch, & was off to see the surgeon at 1 p.m. He said my incision looks ok, which relieved my mind. The numbness & tingling will take time. He's estimating 6 mos. or so. Depending on how long one had symptoms prior to the surgery, it can take maybe that long for the symptoms to resolve. So I think I have a long wait.

I'll be making DH's spelt bread today. I'm getting antsy to get into the sewing room & at least do some piecing.

It's supposed to be in the mid-50's today, but more cold & snow is headed our way on the week end.

Rhonda K
February 28th, 2019, 10:16 AM
Good morning,

It's a play hooky day from the office. A little bit of stitching on some boat cushion covers so they can be stored in the garage. They are almost done and then time to play with my other projects. Lots of new EMB designs to stitch. Love to make some into dining chair covers. Like everyone we Just need more time to stitch!

Sending best wishes to all of you for a happy day.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 28th, 2019, 10:25 AM
Good morning ladies,
I will have to catch up on forum threads when I get back home. It's been wonderful and quite busy retreat so far. Yesterday I went snowshoeing, first time ever. We are very fortunate, one of the quilters is a Canadian snowshoe coach. She has a coached someone who is on his way to an international event. It's very pretty in nature, with challenging hills through the woods.

It's slow going on the kindred pinwheels. I have the quarter sections sewn. I have 16 colours, 16 quarter blocks. I have 14 blocks sewn. The longest is matching and coordinating fabrics so no two touch, and shades.

Enjoying morning coffee in the sunroom, sewing room.

157914 157915

Enjoy your day. Be safe. Stay warm and stay dry.

KPH
February 28th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Good Morning All,

I woke up this morning and rolled back over. Morgan's off, so I probably won't have anybody today. I'll make hay while the sun's on the other side of this fog! Can't even see the traffic on the ramp behind the house!

Hopefully, Mike will hear back today from BAM. He said everything went really well yesterday.

We didn't pick up the circus tickets yesterday, so we'll do that today and I need another block of birdseed. I'm sure if I look around I'll find other things I should pick up.

I started work on my April door hanging yesterday and managed to get almost a whole row sewn onto the hexie quilt before my hand started protesting.

Monique, I'll accept your challenge! Only because I bought ahead last week and everything is coming in this week. I bought a set (1/2 yard cuts) of vintage sewing fabrics in grays. It's darker than the picture, but the fabric feels like a dream. I bought it for Melinda, so I'll get that in the mail to her today, too. The two charm packs of Mayfield Indigo I ordered arrived yesterday. I think I'll only need 1 to make enough four patches to finish up Nana and Nandy's quilt. I have another layer cake, but I think I'm going to save it for later. I really like that fabric. The DD I bought last week(?) should arrive today. So, I really don't need to buy anything!

Talked to MIL last night. She's going to have her knee replaced. She'll go to rehab for a few weeks and then back to her house. I hope it helps her! BIL will have his hands full. His ex isn't getting her taxes ready. There's some convoluted reasoning about them not getting a divorce, but they're no longer together. According to MIL, he's a lot happier, so I'm happy for him. She really would like a quilt made for her best friends. I think I'll take the left over pack of Mayfield and make a large throw for them and surprise her and them, too.

Well, I'd best get started. Have a wonderful day!

Prayers for those in need there are so many. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

grammaterry
February 28th, 2019, 10:53 AM
My you are all busy and productive. Good news Joy about your hand. Just take It easy andnext year by this time, you will have forgotten what that tingling felt like.
Snowshoeing sounds like fun. If you have to have snow, then enjoy it, right?
As for me, got the taxes done, now for writing the checks. I think it should be "no taxes after retirement" . How am I suppose to remember when the quarterly's are due? Hummm….
Sewed the rest of the snowballs yesterday, boring. Today I will iron them and the little hst's for the border and then on to the design wall. This quilt has not held my interest very well. Maybe once I get it put together it will call to me for the quilting part. I really hope so.
Worked in the yard some yesterday, raking away the winter clutter from all the flower beds. It was so nice yesterday afternoon once the sun began to shine. We are on a downhill slide now weatherwise and are expecting it to get to the low thirties by Monday.
MIL is having a pacemaker put in Monday. I hope this helps. She is such a positive personality that this illness has changed her so much. She is so tired all the time with her heart only functioning at 20 percent. She is thinking of moving to an assisted living facility. They are sooooo expensive, I just can't imagine. Seems it would make more sense to hire someone to live=in.
I fell asleep reading in bed last night really early. I must have done more than I thought yesterday, but I need to get moving today and see if I can be productive.

TMP
February 28th, 2019, 11:14 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

My granddaughter is sick with a fever for the 2nd time this year. Kaylee is rarely ever sick. I am waiting to see if I will need to take her to the doctor or if my daughter will have time before work. My daughter seems to think its something that is going around and she keeps getting it.

Yesterday I picked up my taxes and was so excited that I will owe nothing this year. This has never happened to me before. So being the bad person I am what did I do ? I went to my local shop and bought fabric to go with a layer cake and some charms.

Jeff is still doing well with his radio show and seems to be real happy. He is going to cover some event in Selma and said he might drop by Sunday and spend the night. Now I have a reason to make myself clean the house. You would think it would be spic and span with just me and a dog .

Have a wonderful day!

JCY
February 28th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Hi, again ~ I didn't have enough time to finish my post earlier. My niece called me last eve. for an update on my SIL. She's doing ok at the rehab center. However, there was a mix-up in her meds. My niece was really upset when she learned she had no pain med. ordered. They were giving her only Tylenol! With a fractured pelvis? Come on, get real! She made enough noise till she got the right help from staff & they got her med. list adjusted correctly. She's hoping her mom will be able to transition over to the nursing home section of the facility when her rehab is done.

I watched Donna Jordan's tutorial for the JR quilt Line Dance, posted by Annika. This one does not speak to me, so it won't go on my bucket list. My goodness, I have so many on the list already, it probably will take ages to make them all. I was looking at all my UFOs. I have so many pieced tops that need quilting. At this point, I can't crawl around on the floor & put pressure on my hand to sandwich & pin baste anything. I'll just continue with piecing & do other "light duty" projects. I have a pile of triangles (from snowballing in another project) that can be pieced into HSTs, which would measure 2.5". I want to make at least 1 mini quilt for our guild. Not needed till Oct., so I have time.

Well, I need to get my breakfast out of the way before time to knead the bread dough.

Ginny B
February 28th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Good morning all. It's a bit sunny here this morning but we woke up to a coating of snow. It is mostly melted away now and no shoveling or clearing off of cars necessary. My hubby's favorite kind of snow. Looks like we are expecting a few more waves of storms to come through over the next few days but I don't think any will amount to much snow. Not like Anita and Barb and a few other of our forum members have been dealing with. Be careful and stay safe and warm all of you in those areas.

Monique, I will accept your challenge! I feel confident I can do it. :D Beth, have a wonderful time with your son while he is home for his visit. I love spending time with my boys whenever I can get the chance. Myrna, I have been asked if I would ever consider going back to work even if it's part time, and right now, I say a resounding Nope. I am loving retirement but if I ever feel the need to go back to work or if there is another reason why I would need to, I would hope to find something that I would enjoy. I was enjoying my job when I decided to retire and I think that was the way to leave. It was just time. Yay, for your upcoming full-time retirement.

Joy, I am glad the doctor gave you a good report. I know it must be frustrating for you not to be able to do the sewing you want to do. It will come as you continue to heal I am sure. Sorry to hear about the mix up of meds for your SIL and glad your niece got it all straightened out. Rhonda, enjoy your day of playing hooky! Such fun. :) Suzanne, sounds like you are having a lot of fun at retreat including trying showshoeing. Wow.

Katrina and Terry, I hope the upcoming procedures for your mil's will both be successful and bring them relief with the symptoms and issues they have been having. Katrina, I think your mil would be so thrilled that you made the quilt for her friends. That is such a thoughtful idea. Teresa, I hope your granddaughter gets well soon.

Well, off I go to finish a few more things around here. DH just went to get his car serviced. Nothing wrong with it, just regular maintenance. Tonight we have a concert to go to. We are going to see Procol Harem. We will go out to get a bite to eat beforehand so no cooking for me tonight. :) Have a wonderful day everyone. Stay safe and warm and hopefully have some time in your sewing room.

LauraP
February 28th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Monique, I accept your challenge. You made my husband laugh. Probably the only challenge I will successfully complete this year.

The picture was exceptionally appropriate since my husbands name is Bob and he is doing tax things today. He needed the reminder that everything will be okay.

We have friends coming in today for a few days so yesterday I cleaned the house. Took me all of, oh maybe, half an hour. There are some advantages to living in a teeny-tiny house.

Carlie Wolf
February 28th, 2019, 03:49 PM
I got a new gas stove hooked up last night. Yipeeee! Mine died a slow and miserable death. This one is nicer, I'm glad they picked out a better one. Granted it's not self cleaning but it does have 5 burners and is easier to regulate the heat. I've enjoyed cooking on it :-). It's black and stainless which matching my refrig.

Getting lots of smaller projects done for Secret Santa gifts. I'm having tons of fun with it this year. I started another project this morning. Was up WAY too early, like 3:30AM.

PamelaOry
February 28th, 2019, 05:19 PM
Good afternoon everyone.

I’m spending a lot of time lying down as that is the only position I have right now that is pain free. I didn’t mention it before but I also am having some trouble with my back, otherwise standing is a good position too. I feel a million years old these days! Lol

I’ve recommitted to my diet and am looking at other diet plans that might be helpful too. The meds the doc has me on for my back really knocked me out, I slept until 11 today. I certainly feel well rested.

Today is payday so I’ll be paying bills and starting on taxes today.

I’m glad your hand is doing as well as can be expected Joy.

KarenC
February 28th, 2019, 09:42 PM
Well it's late but thought I'd take a few minutes and check in with you peeps. Work has been super busy this week. Currently working on an Accounting project, then get to train the rest of the team next week. Don't know why, but this excites me to be able to teach others to be more productive and watch their excitement when "they get it!".

Enough about work. It's been cool here this week, and supposed to be in the 70s Saturday then take a big dip. We'll see. I may need to make a good gumbo this weekend since it is supposed to be cold next week. I can't believe I haven't made a gumbo yet this year.

I've been busy in the evenings sewing rows together for the client's patchwork quilt. Hopefully next week I will be ready to shop for backing fabrics. Although they are needed in April, it would be awesome to finish in March. Whoo hoo!